Nike Camp - Bain, Kirkland, McDermott, Darling

Miami All-Nike Camp team(ESPN)
http://espn.go.com/high-school/foot...ami-nike-football-training-camp-all-camp-team

TOP UNDERCLASSMAN
OL K.C. McDermott ('14), 6-5.5, 285, Palm Beach Central (Wellington, Fla.)
This is the second time McDermott's competed at the Miami Nike Camp. His performance Sunday was as good as it gets. The mammoth tackle has the size, reach, aggressive streak and bend to be an elite recruit for the Class of 2014. He is very coachable and understands the position. His brother Shane is currently the starting center at the University of Miami and his other brother played at Colorado State. He has a great attitude and was practicing his stance and hand placement when it wasn't his turn in line.

OL: Denver Kirkland, 6-4, 334, Booker T. Washington (Miami)
Breakdown:Looked polished in one-on-ones and has great feet despite his size. Kirkland does a nice job redirecting and staying in front of his man.

LB: Michael Deeb, 6-2, 237, American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.)
Breakdown: Prototypical size and ability at the Mike 'backer position. Like a coach on the field, great communicator and high football IQ. He was one of the best LB's in the half-field 7-on-7 portion of camp.

LB: Matthew Thomas, 6-3.5, 200, Booker T. Washington (Miami)
Breakdown: Freak athlete who overmatched RB's in pass-rush drills. Thomas has great speed and is in constant motion. Long wingspan helps him wreak havoc as an OLB and third-down pass-rush end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Darling- Big Beast....kid reminded me of Big Vernon Carey....all we need to work on is shaping his body,,,has a nice punch and solid feet....good pickup for our future.

Kirkland- Sloppy weight wise as i expected...but the boy has feet..(akin to B-Wash) he needs to shed some pounds...probably take a redshirt year wherever he signs..but he has 3 yr starter potential.

Mcdermott- Very technical...good to great kick step in pass pro..good punch...showed a mean streak...looks to be a Left tackle in his future...Love the kid.

Bain- kid is HUGE..untapped potential...was really beating guys effortlessly ..not even showing much....i can see why hes a big timer.

Alvonte Bell- Raw...has the height..about 6'5 220 almost.....i dont know why but i see...Jason Pierre Paul in this kid...would love for us to recruit him...seems to fit the mold of Rico Williams/Dwayne Hoilett types but he has them in size already at this point.

Sandley Jean Felix- Kid is HUGE...6'5 295..long *** arms...kid seemed to have solid feet and a punch...ummm can someone call Kehoe and tell him to get his a$$ over to Lauderdale Lakes and Boyd Anderson and get on this kid. He;s a project..(kehoe loves those)...but gotdam a 6'5 285-295 project is something ill take anyday

why hasn't the U offered deeb?
I read they will be watching him closely next month... at school and in Golden Camp. Coach D is talking to him more than before...

They want to see if he can develop into a 3rd down LB, too... if I´m not wrong, last season was Deeb´s first as LB, and third playing football. So, coaches want to see a little more. Kid already has very good speed(4.65) for his size, and is working to improve sideline to sideline. I hope we offer, this young man will be a monster!

Advertisement
Darling- Big Beast....kid reminded me of Big Vernon Carey....all we need to work on is shaping his body,,,has a nice punch and solid feet....good pickup for our future.

Kirkland- Sloppy weight wise as i expected...but the boy has feet..(akin to B-Wash) he needs to shed some pounds...probably take a redshirt year wherever he signs..but he has 3 yr starter potential.

Mcdermott- Very technical...good to great kick step in pass pro..good punch...showed a mean streak...looks to be a Left tackle in his future...Love the kid.

Bain- kid is HUGE..untapped potential...was really beating guys effortlessly ..not even showing much....i can see why hes a big timer.

Alvonte Bell- Raw...has the height..about 6'5 220 almost.....i dont know why but i see...Jason Pierre Paul in this kid...would love for us to recruit him...seems to fit the mold of Rico Williams/Dwayne Hoilett types but he has them in size already at this point.

Sandley Jean Felix- Kid is HUGE...6'5 295..long *** arms...kid seemed to have solid feet and a punch...ummm can someone call Kehoe and tell him to get his a$$ over to Lauderdale Lakes and Boyd Anderson and get on this kid. He;s a project..(kehoe loves those)...but gotdam a 6'5 285-295 project is something ill take anyday

Good stuff gogeta, thanks for the breakdown.

How about Jomel Ribalta? He isn't being highly recruited yet but he won the OL MVP award at the Nike Camp over the weekend with some great competition around him. He projects as a guard at the next level.

Also, Kirkland was mentioned as a possible RT in the future.

Good stuff gogeta, thanks for the breakdown.

How about Jomel Ribalta? He isn't being highly recruited yet but he won the OL MVP award at the Nike Camp over the weekend with some great competition around him. He projects as a guard at the next level.

Also, Kirkland was mentioned as a possible RT in the future.

The Ribalta kid was STONEWALLING folks/..and could move some...but thats because the kid is freaking HUGE..lol..350+
See he can go H.A.M. (Hard As A MuThaF*CKA) in one on one's because thats only 2 times...with a nice break in between...can that kid go the full game and keep up that intensity? that will need to show on tape...and not tape of him leaning on guys, etc...kid @ 350 plus going against 220-240 pd dt in dade should be killing folks. Ribalta reminds me of Jose Jose (BTW, CENTRAL)...He's def a div 1 kid though imo. His coaches @ Hialeah should just RUN him all spring and summer thats it...kids strong enough just needs to drop about 20.

Kirkland plays tackle at BTW...but he looks more like a guard..he also is over 320 right now...and needs to drop some.B-Wash played tackle @ about 6'3 so i believe Kirkland can he has solid feet...and gets to the second level...But have you seen our tackles now?....Erick Flowers,Bunche,Seantrel,Gadbois those guys look like the MONSTARS from Space Jam.

But have you seen our tackles now?....Erick Flowers,Bunche,Seantrel,Gadbois those guys look like the MONSTARS from Space Jam.

And Duke plays Mugsy's guy.

Advertisement
The Ribalta kid was STONEWALLING folks/..and could move some...but thats because the kid is freaking HUGE..lol..350+
See he can go H.A.M. (Hard As A MuThaF*CKA) in one on one's because thats only 2 times...with a nice break in between...can that kid go the full game and keep up that intensity? that will need to show on tape...and not tape of him leaning on guys, etc...kid @ 350 plus going against 220-240 pd dt in dade should be killing folks. Ribalta reminds me of Jose Jose (BTW, CENTRAL)...He's def a div 1 kid though imo. His coaches @ Hialeah should just RUN him all spring and summer thats it...kids strong enough just needs to drop about 20.

Kirkland plays tackle at BTW...but he looks more like a guard..he also is over 320 right now...and needs to drop some.B-Wash played tackle @ about 6'3 so i believe Kirkland can he has solid feet...and gets to the second level...But have you seen our tackles now?....Erick Flowers,Bunche,Seantrel,Gadbois those guys look like the MONSTARS from Space Jam.

gogeta,
What do you think of his tape? This is a highlight reel but man you gotta love his pad level for such a big young guy (these are sophomore clips). Old man is a heavyweight Cuban boxer and has him doing boxing drills to improve his hand fighting and footwork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOJY_hpxeo

Funny how there was a lot of top flight names out there but the two MVPs were lesser known guys.

Paul James won DL MVP and he is going to Norland. He was very impressive according to reports. He could be a guy we are looking at maybe instead of Sherit.

Advertisement
Funny how there was a lot of top flight names out there but the two MVPs were lesser known guys.

Paul James won DL MVP and he is going to Norland. He was very impressive according to reports. He could be a guy we are looking at maybe instead of Sherit.

Paul James is not a lesser known guy to the coaching staff and scouting services he would be a 4 star easy if he didn't miss the season with an ankle injury. I bet he's a 4 star next update in the summer the scouting services. I expect him at Golden's camp and to get a commitable offer. I don't think the staff will offer Stacy Thomas out of gulliver prep. He only checked in at 6'0 1/2 230 thats lb measureables not DE. Could be a OLB at the next level if he can play in space. I would have offered i think he can be a Marcus Robinson type he had a solid career at UM would of been better had he stayed healthy.

Paul James is not a lesser known guy to the coaching staff and scouting services he would be a 4 star easy if he didn't miss the season with an ankle injury. I bet he's a 4 star next update in the summer the scouting services. I expect him at Golden's camp and to get a commitable offer. I don't think the staff will offer Stacy Thomas out of gulliver prep. He only checked in at 6'0 1/2 230 thats lb measureables not DE. Could be a OLB at the next level if he can play in space. I would have offered i think he can be a Marcus Robinson type he had a solid career at UM would of been better had he stayed healthy.

paul james is a tweener also...kid is like 6'1 240 pds and runs in the 4.9-5.0 range...i wouldnt offer James....

Advertisement
Back