Nigel Patten says some BTW coaches like FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
http://acc.xofan.com/Miami/conerback-nigel-patten-talks-state-championship-win-and-recruiting/

in this interview this weekend he says he throws up the U when he makes plays in practice and his coaches get mad at him because they like FSU! Isn't Ice Harris a U guy?

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

thats true.... Ice wasnt specifically mentioned but isnt it his staff? i just cant see this same situation in Tallahasee where that coaches get ****ed at a player for doing the chop cause they like the U

Advertisement
Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

May be, but either way he had a D1 job and is now coaching high school. Have to wonder if that had some effect on him, whether he's been vocal about it to the public or not. I've wondered about that before. Hope everything is smooth.

Ice Harris was barely on the coaching staff at Miami. he was like the community liaison or something. now he's the HC of one of the better high school teams in the country. I wouldn't exactly call that a downgrade.

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

May be, but either way he had a D1 job and is now coaching high school. Have to wonder if that had some effect on him, whether he's been vocal about it to the public or not. I've wondered about that before. Hope everything is smooth.

Ice Harris was barely on the coaching staff at Miami. he was like the community liaison or something. now he's the HC of one of the better high school teams in the country. I wouldn't exactly call that a downgrade.

If I remember correctly he wasn't able to become a coach at Miami because he didn't have a degree so he became a liasion.

Advertisement
I don't see why Ice would have ill will towards Miami. A school that gave not only two of his sons a degree but he himself got his degree from Miami. He wasn't just a coach here, he is an alum. He might have a couple of assistants on team who favor FSU but that doesn't mean he doesn't like the U.

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

If I remember correctly he wasn't able to become a coach at Miami because he didn't have a degree so he became a liasion.

Interesting. but he can be a teacher at BTW without a degree?

This article(if you believe) solve some doubts...
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/07/3130759/tim-harris-generates-pride-in.html
Harris worked in the UM football program for three years. He moved to West Kendall with wife Chonita, a school bus driver. Coach Al Golden asked him to stay, other colleges asked him to interview, but when he had the chance to resume coaching the Tornadoes, he took it.

“You’ve got to be where you can make the biggest impact,” he said.

attended Booker T. Middle and Jackson High, earned a football scholarship to Carthage College in Kenosha, Wis., boarded a plane for the first time, discovered snow, graduated and returned to coach and teach at Miami High. He was an assistant at state champ Northwestern. In seven seasons at Booker T., which had never made it past the second round of the playoffs before his arrival, he’s back in the state finals for a rematch against Bolles and he’s compiled an 83-10 record. The number he cites is the average of 16 players who advance to college each year.

Advertisement
Back