Nigel Patten says some BTW coaches like FSU

Advertisement
This article(if you believe) solve some doubts...
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/07/3130759/tim-harris-generates-pride-in.html
Harris worked in the UM football program for three years. He moved to West Kendall with wife Chonita, a school bus driver. Coach Al Golden asked him to stay, other colleges asked him to interview, but when he had the chance to resume coaching the Tornadoes, he took it.

“You’ve got to be where you can make the biggest impact,” he said.

attended Booker T. Middle and Jackson High, earned a football scholarship to Carthage College in Kenosha, Wis., boarded a plane for the first time, discovered snow, graduated and returned to coach and teach at Miami High. He was an assistant at state champ Northwestern. In seven seasons at Booker T., which had never made it past the second round of the playoffs before his arrival, he’s back in the state finals for a rematch against Bolles and he’s compiled an 83-10 record. The number he cites is the average of 16 players who advance to college each year.

This. All of this, Miami and Ice left on good terms. He wanted to be a HS coach.

Advertisement
Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

May be, but either way he had a D1 job and is now coaching high school. Have to wonder if that had some effect on him, whether he's been vocal about it to the public or not. I've wondered about that before. Hope everything is smooth.

Crown Ringz for sniffing this out a long time ago (and I was on the skeptical train, also).

WORLD CLASS BUMP SWAGGER. This is the first thing that came to mind when all this **** happened the other day. Couldn't remember which thread it was.

Anyone else find it weird that kids throw up the U when they make plays in PRACTICE?

Advertisement
Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

May be, but either way he had a D1 job and is now coaching high school. Have to wonder if that had some effect on him, whether he's been vocal about it to the public or not. I've wondered about that before. Hope everything is smooth.

Ice Harris was barely on the coaching staff at Miami. he was like the community liaison or something. now he's the HC of one of the better high school teams in the country. I wouldn't exactly call that a downgrade.

If I remember correctly he wasn't able to become a coach at Miami because he didn't have a degree so he became a liasion.

A couple points:

1) If you think that Harris left on his own accord on totally amicable terms with UM and Golden, you are fooling yourself.
2) UM - BTW not a down grade?! Sheesh

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

100% not true. He was told there no room on the staff but was given the chance to make it seem that he left of his own accord. I know this to be 100% fact.

Let's be real here - he was not asked to stay (i.e. he was not wanted). You can spin that any way you want...but we all know how it went down.

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

100% not true. He was told there no room on the staff but was given the chance to make it seem that he left of his own accord. I know this to be 100% fact.

Let's be real here - he was not asked to stay (i.e. he was not wanted). You can spin that any way you want...but we all know how it went down.

Just in case you didn't notice, this thread is > a month old. I bumped it to reference what Ringz & I said about Ice in retrospect.

Advertisement
Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

Who was your response to? I'm saying there was no room for him but he was given the chance to leave to save face.

Miami fired Ice Harris

Just sayin

FALSE

Harris left on his own.

Who was your response to? I'm saying there was no room for him but he was given the chance to leave to save face.

Not you. I agree with your stance. He was not asked to stay on (i.e. Golden didn't want him), but was allowed to leave. lol at Swag. Now I notice.

So why is he still upset? Golden comes in and removes the old staff and brings his own. Thats how its done in the NFL in college and I wouldnt be surprised if in high school as well (major high school programs at least). What is the beef that Golden didn't retain him? Happens in all jobs in life. You should be upset for a few days **** i'd give a few months but you move on. This dude is holding a grudge from a business decision (that is common in sports) that happened 2 years ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back