Nigel gone

Miami WAS Juwan's dream school. After essentially being slapped in the face and then being offered by schools from other parts of the country that would mop the floor with Miami, he became turned off.

Meh. Sounds like a typical Miami kid. Poor poor baby. Got an offer for a 250k scholarship later than he felt he should. Oh the horror. That is like having your dream girl want to get with you after she had dated around a bit. Deal with it.

Advertisement
Also, everyone's keeps talking about grades. Usually a lot of south Florida with bad grades choose West Virginia or Marshall. But then again I have no idea what Texas Tech's academic standard is.

Pretty sure Texas Tech is another dumping ground for academic casualties. They are ranked academically pretty close to WVU.

Dumb *** fans.... Some of y'all just don't get it smh.... @F5_Jackson: All these fake UM fans hating in my bri @_NigelBethel for HIS decision.... I support you bra.. ✊💯💯💯💯💯🏈🏈

@_NigelBethel: @F5_Jackson after you take your visits...let me know what you wanna do

Miami WAS Juwan's dream school. After essentially being slapped in the face and then being offered by schools from other parts of the country that would mop the floor with Miami, he became turned off.

Meh. Sounds like a typical Miami kid. Poor poor baby. Got an offer for a 250k scholarship later than he felt he should. Oh the horror. That is like having your dream girl want to get with you after she had dated around a bit. Deal with it.

SMH

Spoken exactly like somebody who's never been in the situation firsthand.

You ******' people believe Miami is a paradise location and that kids should bow down any time the coaches offer. These kids don't owe Miami anything. And when much better programs come knocking they're not obligated to commit to Miami just because.

He's farrrrrr from a typical Miami kid. He's actually the anti-Miami kid. Quiet, humble and not self entitled.

You think he's supposed to commit to Miami despite the fact that they ignored him for the past 2 years just cause it was his favorite school growing up? Yeah, lets go play for the mediocre local team who ignored me while three elite teams from around the country offered me on the spot when they saw me play. Let me go play for the team that didn't think I was good enough to offer but lost to Duke instead of the team that beat Alabama on national TV and loves me. LOL

Since you wanna use the chick analogy...

This is like you having a crush on a girl but she ignored for 2 years. Then you found a hotter ***** and all of a sudden the chick wants to get at you cause you've become a hot commodity and she's running out of options.

Last edited:
Dumb *** fans.... Some of y'all just don't get it smh.... @F5_Jackson: All these fake UM fans hating in my bri @_NigelBethel for HIS decision.... I support you bra.. ✊

@_NigelBethel: @F5_Jackson after you take your visits...let me know what you wanna do

FML

Advertisement
i did an "interview" with Nigel when he committed. I was writing a post for this website ("Fans, Social Media and Recruting)

here was his response to 1 of my questions

22.png

don't fu_cking tell me that our fans bashing TV and others don't effect recruiting. This is a new age, whatever we knew about recruiting last year is not the same this year. Recruits react to negative fan base.

i did an "interview" with Nigel when he committed. I was writing a post for this website ("Fans, Social Media and Recruting)

22.png

don't fu_cking tell me that our fans bashing TV and others don't effect recruiting. This is a new age, whatever we knew about recruiting last year is not the same this year. Recruits react to negative fan base.

Very tough concept here. I'm serious. You're essentially asking fans to not act fanatical about the team that these kids turn down. Remember, and I know this is so hard to believe, but these kids really don't mean anything to fans other than they are going to play football for them. It's a double edged sward. On one side, it's really sad what recruiting has become; a bunch of grown men fawning all over 17-18 boys because they can play a game. They shower them with praise and hang on their every word. On the other side, these fans don't owe anything to these kids once they spurn their school (and vice versa). Asking fans not to react because a kid turns down their school (especially if there is any disrespect or games) is absurd. I'm not condoning the actions of any fans that act his way, but you have to see it for what it is. People take this very very seriously and personally. It's almost like an affront to their family as hard as that may be to believe. These kids owe the fans nothing in terms of commitment, but they can't be all in their feelings when fans act like fans. Just my two cents.

I talk to the Dowels family. So does wildcat defense. Not happening

On UM's end, or Dowels? Is Dowels turned off to UM and wouldn't accept an offer, or is UM just not going to offer?

UM isn't going to offer. And dowels would be so **** ****ed if Miami offered him now. He's completely turned off by Miami.

Yea probably thanks to his weak skinned handler. Would he be turned off by uf too?

Dude, you're such a ****in' clown. smh

He's been a die-hard Miami fan his whole life. His family loves Miami. Miami coaches have seen him play and practice a million times. Despite the fact that he had 9 picks and is Broward's DPOY (and 1st teal all-state) they STILL didn't offer him.

If you're a kid and your favorite/local team doesn't offer you but Texas A&M, Clemson and Oklahoma do, who would that make you feel towards Miami?

It's a slap in the face to the kid, all because he's 160 pounds instead of 170. Just another evaluation ****-up by this staff.

save Oklahoma....

All those defenses you name SUCK.

Clemson dbs are bad and their d outinely suck...Tx A &M has a worse defense than us...i wanted to play them and wanted no parts of Louisville.

22.png

Very tough concept here. I'm serious. You're essentially asking fans to not act fanatical about the team that these kids turn down. Remember, and I know this is so hard to believe, but these kids really don't mean anything to fans other than they are going to play football for them. It's a double edged sward. On one side, it's really sad what recruiting has become; a bunch of grown men fawning all over 17-18 boys because they can play a game. They shower them with praise and hang on their every word. On the other side, these fans don't owe anything to these kids once they spurn their school (and vice versa). Asking fans not to react because a kid turns down their school (especially if there is any disrespect or games) is absurd. I'm not condoning the actions of any fans that act his way, but you have to see it for what it is. People take this very very seriously and personally. It's almost like an affront to their family as hard as that may be to believe. These kids owe the fans nothing in terms of commitment, but they can't be all in their feelings when fans act like fans. Just my two cents.
You can't do that, other highly regarded recruits see the negative things fans tweet to them and it makes miami fan base look bad. Why do it to nigel bethel when we have 2 players committed to our school from the same school he goes too. You think he not going to say something to them. People just need to get out of these kids lives and stop tweeting them.....

Advertisement
Reading Powells twitter he is gone. And his last 15 comments have been either him saying, in so many words, that the Canes fans that freaked out on him had no small part in helping his decision or retweets of others bashing Cane fans for that bull****. And of course Chad Wilson jumped in and had some **** to say telling Cane fans were gonna deserve the next decommit because the current commits ae watching what we say and not liking it. And I GUARANTEE at least 80% of the people who get on here and freak out and flip their **** every time a kid goes elsewhere are the ones on twitter bashing 17-18 year olds kids. You people need to get a life/hobby/gf/child/pet/pastime/Xbox something to occupy your time instead of losing your **** for the world to see at a kid on twitter.

22.png

You can't do that, other highly regarded recruits see the negative things fans tweet to them and it makes miami fan base look bad. Why do it to nigel bethel when we have 2 players committed to our school from the same school he goes too. You think he not going to say something to them. People just need to get out of these kids lives and stop tweeting them.....

It's a handful of people that tweet these kids. It's really bad and they don't like it. Twitter is not good for recruiting. If you tweet a kid anything but a positive statement or praise you are a fool.

Advertisement
On UM's end, or Dowels? Is Dowels turned off to UM and wouldn't accept an offer, or is UM just not going to offer?

UM isn't going to offer. And dowels would be so **** ****ed if Miami offered him now. He's completely turned off by Miami.

Yea probably thanks to his weak skinned handler. Would he be turned off by uf too?

Dude, you're such a ****in' clown. smh

He's been a die-hard Miami fan his whole life. His family loves Miami. Miami coaches have seen him play and practice a million times. Despite the fact that he had 9 picks and is Broward's DPOY (and 1st teal all-state) they STILL didn't offer him.

If you're a kid and your favorite/local team doesn't offer you but Texas A&M, Clemson and Oklahoma do, who would that make you feel towards Miami?

It's a slap in the face to the kid, all because he's 160 pounds instead of 170. Just another evaluation ****-up by this staff.

save Oklahoma....

All those defenses you name SUCK.

Clemson dbs are bad and their d outinely suck...Tx A &M has a worse defense than us...i wanted to play them and wanted no parts of Louisville.

Which means what?

Cincinnati and Bowling Green offered him and they have the 9th and 10th ranked defenses in the country. Utah State has the 12th ranked defense. ****, Clemson is ranked 24th!

Miami's defense sucks!

Last edited:
Clearly, the fans cost us Nigel. Shame on you, bad fans for kissing Nigel's *** until he decided to go elsewhere! You should be classy and keep eating his butt and root him on to victory at TTU.

Now, of course, Al is going to pull victory from the jaws of defeat and rescue us from evil by flipping a better CB prospect than Nigel. Anyone wanna bet on it? If Al doesn't pull this off, I will eat a slice or two of my favorite pizza.

Advertisement
If a fan on twitter is the reason why they decommit then see ya. You aren't prepared for Sunday night football when you blow the coverage with a few seconds on the clock and you let the receiver by you and scores a td. The fans aren't gonna take you lightly. I swear, parents aren't doing their job. The Duke Johnson's of the world and other recruits from other programs that stay true are being raised right. I don't want Jonathan Martin's on this team I want Incognitos on the field.

Advertisement
Back