Nigel Bethel

Advertisement
I dont know why yall cryin all the time about a recruit decommitting...... Al Golden is GOAT right so it shouldnt be an issue.

I can understand why he is thinking about leaving. Miami's defensive backfield is deep with Howard, Burns, Gunter, Crawford and Elder.

He would most likely redshirt and sit for a few years. At UGA he has the chance to play early.

This happens to every school on the recruiting front. Good luck trying to convience any top runninf back to attend UM next year if we have Duke, Cook, Yearby, Powell, Crawford and Gus.

Golden fired Harris and Harris is tight with Shannon. I don't understand how people found it hard to believe that he was going to steer kids away from here.

Golden wanted to retain Harris. Harris left on his own. Golden tried several times to get him to stay.

5'8" corners grow on trees in south FL. He isn't a game changer so wouldn't be worried as long as we keep the BTW DEs and Walton.

Advertisement
I want this kid. How many of these types of corners have we missed on only to be **** on by them in conference play? I want this kid to cover the Jamison Crowders and Michael Campanaros of the ACC. Bethel is fast, feisty and plays with heart. Want.

Dude is needing a little attention. Until he flips, some of you need to get a grip. One day you guys are praising them. The next day when they don't say what you want. Your ready to hunt them down on any social media outlet you can, and verbally slash them to shreds.

Dudes just try to find ways to keep their names in headlines. If he does happen to leave. What can anyone do about it.

I dont know why yall cryin all the time about a recruit decommitting...... Al Golden is GOAT right so it shouldnt be an issue.

I get your sarcasm, but with that said... I do believe he has a plan if the recruit takes off, which is refreshing since the last 2 coaches didn't!

I am really LMAO at some of the stuff I see on here.

"Bethel and Dowells are interchangeable". (REALLY? Obviously the coaches dont think so. Neither does any of the other Big 3 judging from the fact that Dowells has no offers from them from what I have read. I like the kids game and all but lets not **** on Bethel to uplift Dowells. Dowells is a stud no doubt but the coaches made there decision and I can live with that. Good luck to the kid.)

"Pull his scholie. He can kick rocks" (REALLY? Sooooooooo basically pull the rug from under a player at a VERY IMPORTANT feeder school just to prove some stupid point just because he wants to take a visit to UGA? And what point would that be exactly coming from a team that is 9-3 and playing in the Russell Athletic bowl, got blown out by FSU and Vtech, lost to Duke ,and barely ended the season in the top 25? Get out of the time machine and quiet venturing back to 2001 and please come back to the year 2013. Thanks.)

You guys just dont get it. Why even follow recruiting? You think this is bad? Wait until Jan after the dead period. This site might shut down. I was reading in another thread about how cats are mad that SBB and Ridley are waiting until NSD to make there decision. LMAO. Smh. These kids are playing yall like fools. Im glad they are. I hope they keep it up. If they want to be here, they will. (Like DJ reaffirmed that he will be a Cane.) If they dont, then we move on just like we do EVERY YEAR.

Half of yall would NOT have made it through the mid 90s when we were losing stud SoFla kids EVERY YEAR like nothing. We actually started getting use to it quite frankly. This is NOTHING compared to SoFla recruiting back in those days.

Advertisement
I am really LMAO at some of the stuff I see on here.

"Bethel and Dowells are interchangeable". (REALLY? Obviously the coaches dont think so. Neither does any of the other Big 3 judging from the fact that Dowells has no offers from them from what I have read. I like the kids game and all but lets not **** on Bethel to uplift Dowells. Dowells is a stud no doubt but the coaches made there decision and I can live with that. Good luck to the kid.)

"Pull his scholie. He can kick rocks" (REALLY? Sooooooooo basically pull the rug from under a player at a VERY IMPORTANT feeder school just to prove some stupid point just because he wants to take a visit to UGA? And what point would that be exactly coming from a team that is 9-3 and playing in the Russell Athletic bowl, got blown out by FSU and Vtech, lost to Duke ,and barely ended the season in the top 25? Get out of the time machine and quiet venturing back to 2001 and please come back to the year 2013. Thanks.)

You guys just dont get it. Why even follow recruiting? You think this is bad? Wait until Jan after the dead period. This site might shut down. I was reading in another thread about how cats are mad that SBB and Ridley are waiting until NSD to make there decision. LMAO. Smh. These kids are playing yall like fools. Im glad they are. I hope they keep it up. If they want to be here, they will. (Like DJ reaffirmed that he will be a Cane.) If they dont, then we move on just like we do EVERY YEAR.

Half of yall would NOT have made it through the mid 90s when we were losing stud SoFla kids EVERY YEAR like nothing. We actually started getting use to it quite frankly. This is NOTHING compared to SoFla recruiting back in those days.

Common sense has no place on a recruiting board:diaf:

If they flip, how long can Golden keep doing this with BTW? I understand he has to keep recruiting players from there but at some point he has to say go **** yourselves

If they flip, how long can Golden keep doing this with BTW? I understand he has to keep recruiting players from there but at some point he has to say go **** yourselves

Why would he stop recruiting there? That's literally the only way to guarantee we never get any BTW kids. Not exactly a brilliant plan.

Advertisement

Why would he stop recruiting there? That's literally the only way to guarantee we never get any BTW kids. Not exactly a brilliant plan.

If these games keep up and we miss on other recruits cause we held their spot and then they bail think that hurts a lot more then missing on them by not recruiting them at all. Say Cook was at BTW and told us he was a cane so we slow on Sony and then at end of year Cook flips, we lose both recruits instead of getting 1.

Advertisement

If these games keep up and we miss on other recruits cause we held their spot and then they bail think that hurts a lot more then missing on them by not recruiting them at all. Say Cook was at BTW and told us he was a cane so we slow on Sony and then at end of year Cook flips, we lose both recruits instead of getting 1.

And what if hypothetical BTW Cook would've signed here, but we didn't offer because Golden was afraid of being played? You could list what-if scenarios all day. The fact is, the only way you guarantee them not signing with us is by not recruiting them.

That's like going to a bar and being afraid to talk to the hottest girl there because she might shoot you down. If you don't talk to her at all, you just shot yourself down. If you do talk to her, she might shoot you down anyway and you're left in the same place as you would've been, but you might also take her home. You have to play the game.

Golden has been doing this a long time. It's up to him to have backups and play it smart. You have to play the game -- every team does.

The one thing we have going for us with Chad, is that he's not REALLY a BTW guy. He transferred in there, but he's been more into his music thing, and was never part of that BTW clique the way some of these other guys are. So the influence some of these "coaches" have on him, is probably more limited. That and Chad seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, and decent family support. He has clear goals and knows what he wants out of a school. Seems like a smart kid who made a solid business decision for his future.

The others, well, its more of the same South Florida High School player drama.

NAW....hes in their with them kids sort of..

Chad aint from Overtown though...he's a Liberty City kid.

Chad played optomist ball on the same team with Treon Harris, Ice and them have known and coached him since he was alittle kid.

Did you guys forget that Nigel was instrumental in us getting Thomas?

And it has nothing to do if Coach Al is a boss or not. He's not going to kick out one of his top DB targets over a few tweets and interview responses.

By the way it's too late for dowels now anyways.

& Lol at Chad not really being a BTW kid. Those are his best friends

Advertisement
Back