Nigel Bethel To Be Formally Charged

So this lovely lady initiates the altercation, he finishes it and he gets kicked out of school and she is suspended for a month. "Zero Tolerance" indeed in full effect in Lubbock. Battle was the Red Raiders' leading scorer with 16.4 points per game last season, and also led the team in rebounds and assists to earn second-team All-Big 12 honors. Oh that might be the answer, friggjn joke.

Semper Canes!!!

Really? A girl pushes him and he decks her and you think that is a reasonable way to "finish it"? The kid f'ed up and will face the repercussions, I just hope he learns from it.

Advertisement
This thread is mind blowing. I'm glad I haven't come across this "new breed of woman".

What you're saying isn't what happened. And frankly speaking what type of girls are you surrounding yourself with that spit, kick you in the nuts, etc. How about just finding a straight up real woman and keep it moving. Then you don't even have to answer your own question about what would you do.

From the alleged eye witness account she either pushed or hit Nigel and he exploded. Cooler heads needed to have prevailed. What I would call emotional maturity - not allowing someone else to control your emotions. He probably responded as he did because he felt his manhood and/or pride was being disrespected. Still needed to find a better way to respond. Now he's off the team, I believe kicked out of school, AND possibly on his way to a TEXAS prison. So who really won in this fiasco?

If a chick spits in ur face, punches u in the face kicks u in the nuts or slap u multiple times u are telling me that a real man would turn the other cheek and walk away?

What u are saying is probably what happened.... My point is that when dudes are always talking about a man should never hit a female and ones that do are cowards and bla bla bla.
The reports of this story doesn't make it seem like she did anything to deserves the *** whooping he gave her...... But all and all, people need to keep their ******* hands to them self and this would have been avoided.

I actually get what some of you are saying (some more artful than others) but the justice system isn't blind to gender. That's probably not technically "fair" but it's also someone with any common sense understands and governs how they might act accordingly. At the end of the day (in a best case scenario for Bethel), he reacted to her aggression with aggression that wasn't viewed as even remotely equal in manner or result. I think that's why the part about him kicking her was included in there by the police. Even dismissing all of that (which I personally don't), this kid was an idiot if he thought he was going to get some sort of leniency from Texas law enforcement not being one of "their own".

This right here!!!!!! From what I read I saw no point in kicking the girl. That right there is when I stopped listening to his side of the story..... No reason from what I read for all that

I got what you were saying and realize that the thread took a turn toward when men should or should not retaliate against physically aggressive females, which is why I made the point to say surround yourself with women who would find it beneath their dignity to be fist fighting with a man in the first place. In this case, though he clearly should have laughed in her face and walked away.

Think about this. Nigel has through his actions surrendered his freedom, rights, and seriously jeopardized his future - not to mention the physical injury he caused her. Over what? An argument with a female basketball player???

I'm not really preaching at you personally coolazzice, but I see so many young people get locked up or worse over a poor decision they made in what should have been a fleeting moment of anger.

What you're saying isn't what happened. And frankly speaking what type of girls are you surrounding yourself with that spit, kick you in the nuts, etc. How about just finding a straight up real woman and keep it moving. Then you don't even have to answer your own question about what would you do.

From the alleged eye witness account she either pushed or hit Nigel and he exploded. Cooler heads needed to have prevailed. What I would call emotional maturity - not allowing someone else to control your emotions. He probably responded as he did because he felt his manhood and/or pride was being disrespected. Still needed to find a better way to respond. Now he's off the team, I believe kicked out of school, AND possibly on his way to a TEXAS prison. So who really won in this fiasco?

If a chick spits in ur face, punches u in the face kicks u in the nuts or slap u multiple times u are telling me that a real man would turn the other cheek and walk away?

What u are saying is probably what happened.... My point is that when dudes are always talking about a man should never hit a female and ones that do are cowards and bla bla bla.
The reports of this story doesn't make it seem like she did anything to deserves the *** whooping he gave her...... But all and all, people need to keep their ****ING hands to them self and this would have been avoided.

Advertisement
I got what you were saying and realize that the thread took a turn toward when men should or should not retaliate against physically aggressive females, which is why I made the point to say surround yourself with women who would find it beneath their dignity to be fist fighting with a man in the first place. In this case, though he clearly should have laughed in her face and walked away.

Think about this. Nigel has through his actions surrendered his freedom, rights, and seriously jeopardized his future - not to mention the physical injury he caused her. Over what? An argument with a female basketball player???

I'm not really preaching at you personally coolazzice, but I see so many young people get locked up or worse over a poor decision they made in what should have been a fleeting moment of anger.

The reports of this story doesn't make it seem like she did anything to deserves the *** whooping he gave her...... But all and all, people need to keep their ****ING hands to them self and this would have been avoided.

I agree with 100% of what u said right here. He should have acted rational.... And the irrational action he took has put him in this situation and it costed him dearly.

He should have bltched slapped her and be done with it..
When hitting a female it should always be with an open hand, either side is fine.

So this lovely lady initiates the altercation, he finishes it and he gets kicked out of school and she is suspended for a month. "Zero Tolerance" indeed in full effect in Lubbock. Battle was the Red Raiders' leading scorer with 16.4 points per game last season, and also led the team in rebounds and assists to earn second-team All-Big 12 honors. Oh that might be the answer, friggjn joke.

Semper Canes!!!

Really? A girl pushes him and he decks her and you think that is a reasonable way to "finish it"? The kid f'ed up and will face the repercussions, I just hope he learns from it.

What part of ZERO TOLERANCE don't you understand? She should be kicked out of TTU as well.

Advertisement
They pwned us in stealing him. No doubt they gotta bunch more guys who have no qualms about slappin' 'round a bimbo when she needs it. They are trending up.

:)

Semper Canes!!!

What part of ZERO TOLERANCE don't you understand? She should be kicked out of TTU as well.

That was my whole point, "Zero Tolerance" and the schools double standard. I just merely said he finished it, never condoned it.

Semper Canes!!!

If you are a going to play hoops, be good enough to not have to play against girls. Not making any other judgement here, let the school and justicr system sort it out.

The fact that TTU dismissed Nigel immediately after the story broke is all I need to know. It's pretty **** hard to get outright kicked off a Power conference roster if you're talented.

Which means he screwed up big time...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back