Nigel Bethel is THAT recruit

Another thing if Jackson has an offer I think he commits soon because he still tweets about UM heavy and nothing really about another school so idk what he'd be waiting on

Personally I think the kid is overrated at LB, but if the staff wants to develop him then ill trust them. We already have two true line backers for this class committed plus the LB/DE hybrids in mccray and smith. Dont know if we will take another kid unless hes elite. We will see. I think Jackson might end up at USF

I dont really want him either ijs since he's talking he'd either commit now or we should never talk about the kid again

Advertisement
Wilson was talking **** all game on twitter. Sucks to suck, ***!

PS, I know recruits read these boards. That's the point on this one. Sue me.

The greatness continues

Miami Booker T. Washington cornerback Nigel Bethel, a UM commitment, sat near Plantation athlete Chris Lammons, a UF commitment, during the game and joked with the future Gator after the Canes’ win.

“I wasn’t really saying too much to him [during the game], but after the game I walked past him and said, ‘It ain’t too late to be a Cane,’ ” Bethel said. His response? “He said I’m funny. ”

Bethel called UM’s win a “program-changing game” and hopes it could help sway players to play for the Hurricanes.

“It means a lot to me because if everybody comes together and buys into what Al Golden is trying to do, we’ll be a national championship-contending program year in and year out,” Bethel said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/...makes.html#.Uivdyp_fhDs.twitter#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Golden is a genuine, personable dude. He's selling them on this idea that started in the 80s and launched our program. But he's not a sleazy piece of **** like other coaches.

If you convince a group of 15-20 of the best football players in south Florida to join forces for college, they're gonna be in the hunt every year. Nice to see Bethel assuming the leadership role and rounding up a group.

Advertisement
Golden is a genuine, personable dude. He's selling them on this idea that started in the 80s and launched our program. But he's not a sleazy piece of **** like other coaches.

If you convince a group of 15-20 of the best football players in south Florida to join forces for college, they're gonna be in the hunt every year. Nice to see Bethel assuming the leadership role and rounding up a group.

The crazy thing is, it really is that simple.

Hopefully, we can keep winning and Florida lose a couple more. I still wouldn't mind flipping some of those kids and keeping them home.

Yep and just to put that in perspective this is what our team would have looked like with 20 of the top guys from South Florida since 2010
2010 Class
RB: Eduardo Clements, Giovanni Bernard, Jakkhari Gore
WR: Chris Dunkley, James Louis, Michaelee Harris, Quinton Dunbar, Joshua Reese, De'Joshua Johnson,
OL: Brandon Linder, Torrian Wilson
DE: Corey Lemonier, Lynden Trail, David Perry
DT: Todd Chandler
CB: Lamarcus Joyner, Cody Riggs, Keion Payne
S: Matt Elam, Demar Dorsey

QB: Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Jerrard Randall
RB: Devonta Freeman, Kevin Grooms,
WR: Rashad Greene, Kelvin Benjamin, Tacoi Sumler, Eli Rogers
TE: Nick O'Leary
OL: Bobby Hart
DE: Curt Maggitt
LB: Ryan Shazier, Kent Turene, Shaun Ward
CB: Marcus Roberson
S: Gerod Holliman, Wayne Lyons, Jabari Gorman, Robensen Therezie,

2012:
QB:Faton Bautua
RB: Duke Johnson
WR: Amari Cooper, Angelo Jean-Louis, Avery Peterson, Ricardo Louis, Malcolm Lewis, Justin Ferguson, Herb Waters,
OL: Jessamen Dunker, Avery Young, Erick Flowers, Patrick Miller, Danny Isidora
DE: Jelani Hamilton, Bryan Cox
LB: Keith Brown
CB: Tracy Howard, A.J. Leggett, Donaldven Manning,

RB: Kelvin Taylor, Alex Collins, Greg Bryant,
WR: Stacy Coley, Jordan Cunningham,
OL: Denver Kirkland
DE: Joey Bosa, Alvonte Bell, Paul James
DT: Keith Bryant, Jaynard Bostwick, Marquedius Bain
LB: Matthew Thomas, Jermaine Grace, Skai Moore,
CB: Artie Burns, Rashard Robinson, Will Likely,Adrian BAker
S: Jamal Carter

2014 we all know who the big dogs are. That's just taking the top 20 guys in South Florida.

Advertisement

Yep and just to put that in perspective this is what our team would have looked like with 20 of the top guys from South Florida since 2010
2010 Class
RB: Eduardo Clements, Giovanni Bernard, Jakkhari Gore
WR: Chris Dunkley, James Louis, Michaelee Harris, Quinton Dunbar, Joshua Reese, De'Joshua Johnson,
OL: Brandon Linder, Torrian Wilson
DE: Corey Lemonier, Lynden Trail, David Perry
DT: Todd Chandler
CB: Lamarcus Joyner, Cody Riggs, Keion Payne
S: Matt Elam, Demar Dorsey

QB: Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Jerrard Randall
RB: Devonta Freeman, Kevin Grooms,
WR: Rashad Greene, Kelvin Benjamin, Tacoi Sumler, Eli Rogers
TE: Nick O'Leary
OL: Bobby Hart
DE: Curt Maggitt
LB: Ryan Shazier, Kent Turene, Shaun Ward
CB: Marcus Roberson
S: Gerod Holliman, Wayne Lyons, Jabari Gorman, Robensen Therezie,

2012:
QB:Faton Bautua
RB: Duke Johnson
WR: Amari Cooper, Angelo Jean-Louis, Avery Peterson, Ricardo Louis, Malcolm Lewis, Justin Ferguson, Herb Waters,
OL: Jessamen Dunker, Avery Young, Erick Flowers, Patrick Miller, Danny Isidora
DE: Jelani Hamilton, Bryan Cox
LB: Keith Brown
CB: Tracy Howard, A.J. Leggett, Donaldven Manning,

RB: Kelvin Taylor, Alex Collins, Greg Bryant,
WR: Stacy Coley, Jordan Cunningham,
OL: Denver Kirkland
DE: Joey Bosa, Alvonte Bell, Paul James
DT: Keith Bryant, Jaynard Bostwick, Marquedius Bain
LB: Matthew Thomas, Jermaine Grace, Skai Moore,
CB: Artie Burns, Rashard Robinson, Will Likely,Adrian BAker
S: Jamal Carter

2014 we all know who the big dogs are. That's just taking the top 20 guys in South Florida.

Stop with all the what ifs and should'ves.... Respect and enjoy the kids we have now ... Most of those kids on that list just didnt want to come here.... Every kid in SOuth Fl doesnt want to be a hurricane.... The ones that really want it come and ball out reguardless of stars.... We as UM fans need to stop hoping for kids that dont want to be here ... Enjoy the win .....

The old cliche' is in full force in Coral Gables boys. FULL FORCE.

The players take on the identity of their head coach. If you can't get down with that as a player, then get the **** out.

When you are trying to overhaul an entire mindset and culture at a program, that **** doesn't happen overnight. But we right there man, we right there.

Stop with all the what ifs and should'ves.... Respect and enjoy the kids we have now ... Most of those kids on that list just didnt want to come here.... Every kid in SOuth Fl doesnt want to be a hurricane.... The ones that really want it come and ball out reguardless of stars.... We as UM fans need to stop hoping for kids that dont want to be here ... Enjoy the win .....

I think you may have missed my point. My point is that the boy Bethel speaks the truth about getting the top 20 kids out of South Fla then we would be in National Title Contender's every year. I enjoy the player's we have committed and I am the only one who repeatedly says that if today were NSD I'd be more than happy with our current class. There are mopes on the board who would be *****ing if today were NSD, and they are holding out hope for (Insert Player here). If the other's come great. If not the U moves on. A team is never about 1 or 2 players. It's all about the team. We'll be fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I think you may have missed my point. My point is that the boy Bethel speaks the truth about getting the top 20 kids out of South Fla then we would be in National Title Contender's every year. I enjoy the player's we have committed and I am the only one who repeatedly says that if today were NSD I'd be more than happy with our current class. There are mopes on the board who would be ****ing if today were NSD, and they are holding out hope for (Insert Player here). If the other's come great. If not the U moves on. A team is never about 1 or 2 players. It's all about the team. We'll be fine.

No doubt ....

He and Chad Thomas are some old school bad asses. Love it.

i always liked watching him play since early in his career at BTW because he was always fiesty and pesky.

But i knew he was an old school bad azzz.....when someone mande a post to him about 5'10 cbs that he compares to that are productive...and Bethel responded by saying that he really is 5'8 but dont really give a ****.....i respect dudes like that....

kid is old school he aint even fudging on his height.

He and Chad Thomas are some old school bad asses. Love it.

i always liked watching him play since early in his career at BTW because he was always fiesty and pesky.

But i knew he was an old school bad azzz.....when someone mande a post to him about 5'10 cbs that he compares to that are productive...and Bethel responded by saying that he really is 5'8 but dont really give a ****.....i respect dudes like that....

kid is old school he aint even fudging on his height.

People make a big deal about height when these guys are going into the league, but whether it's college or pro a kid who is 5'8 can thrive if he knows his game. Pesky is a great word to use to describe him, because in time that "pesky" will become "relentless". I have a feeling he'll be the guy that loves to mix it up with receivers, get under their skin, and capitalize on mistakes. Even if he's never All ACC, he's the kind of guy who we as fans will always appreciate, all the while being a quality starter and great captain for us.

As of right now, he's my favorite recruit in the class because he seems to define the attitude that has brought us back.

Advertisement
Back