Nigel Bethel commits

Staff can’t feel good on Campbell or Surtain. If we round out the class with ezzard, Briggs, and Chatman I’ll be fine

They don’t feel good about Surtain or Campbell, but even if they did, this was coming. This is not connected to those two.

We're probably not getting Surtain or Campbell but Idgaf.... last season we only had Henderson and Edwards to bank on or we were sol.

This year we got Frierson, Blades, and Ivey... the cornerback position has been upgraded exponentially with those three alone.

**** whoever ain't a cane let the UGa groupies like dwinstitles and chosenone cry about it while the 2019 class is next up.

They ain't groupies they hot and cold *** ******.. When **** hot they all in soon as it's not they sucking off the next man.. Both would be killed if they did that **** in the streets.

Advertisement
I've been a miami hurricane fan for many years. Again played in the SEC and drafted in the 3rd round. People didn't believe in me either. If I could have chosen Miami, I would have committed. I have to say this. Some of you posters are some whiny lil ********. You are the ones that make miami appear to be soft. This is a florida kid. With speed, how could you underestimate this kid? Half yall don't know ****. Let the coached do their job. If kid played wide receiver, he can locate the ball. If kid has speed, you can't teach that. That's all a coach needs. Yes he need heart, most florida boys have that. There is no guarantee that we will get another commit from another cornerback this year. If the kid had committed else where and PS or TC don't come, we have nothing. Oh, don't let him ball out else, then your complaining about how did we miss him. So now the kid is a cane!! Support him!! Don't send negative vibes, ya lil negative whiny fake *** trolls..that part

Julian Battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff can’t feel good on Campbell or Surtain. If we round out the class with ezzard, Briggs, and Chatman I’ll be fine

They don’t feel good about Surtain or Campbell, but even if they did, this was coming. This is not connected to those two.

it's a quality pickup, pete, agreed ...... but that has nothing to do with the fact that we lost campbell and surtain. elite teams don't lose elite local players they've been recruiting for over 2 years. it doesn't happen to alabama, ohio state, LSU, etc., it's an epic fail no matter how you slice it.

add the fact that among nesta, chatfield, and briggs, we could lose 2 out of those 3? you have to question not the capacity for UM to be a very good team, but for UM ever to be a great one. if we lose campbell and surtaiin (99.9% likely), AND chatfield (50/50 at best), then i don't expect rumph to be on staff this time next year

Last edited:
Before anybody freaks out, this was coming regardless of what happens with Surtain/Campbell

Too late bro. Smells like Ryan Mayes to me.

Mayes had nowhere near this guy’s skill set.

Bethel could end up playing WR or CB here — they really believe that. CMR’s tweet says it too.

They see him helping the return game right away.

Correct, on the speed aspect only, Mayes best 100m in track was 11.3-100m. Bethel has officially run a 10.78-100m (same as Mike Harley) and 21.57-200m (Josh Jobe's best was 21.56). Both of Bethel's times are below the national HS standard for thoses events. His skills in kick returning and receiving are far ahead of Mayes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Before anybody freaks out, this was coming regardless of what happens with Surtain/Campbell

Bethel could end up playing WR or CB here — they really believe that. CMR’s tweet says it too.

Correct, on the speed aspect only, Mayes best 100m in track was 11.3-100m. Bethel has officially run a 10.78-100m (same as Mike Harley) and 21.57-200m (Josh Jobe's best was 21.56). Both of Bethel's times are below the national HS standard for thoses events. His skills in kick returning and receiving are far ahead of Mayes.

Bethel ran those times as a soph. Safe to say he's faster. Not sure why he didn't run last year as a jr. Hopefully he will get out on the track this year

Bethel ran those times as a soph. Safe to say he's faster. Not sure why he didn't run last year as a jr. Hopefully he will get out on the track this year

Last year Bethel participated almost exclusively in the 400m and 4x400m relay. He did this to help his team ultimately win the state 4x400m relay. He did no participate that much in shorter sprints. In the five meets running the open 400m he went from 50.22 to 49.79 (national elite for HS 49.50) and missed by one place in the FHSAA 3A Region 4 Championships of qualifying for the state finals (49.44 to 49.79)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been a miami hurricane fan for many years. Again played in the SEC and drafted in the 3rd round. People didn't believe in me either. If I could have chosen Miami, I would have committed. I have to say this. Some of you posters are some whiny lil ********. You are the ones that make miami appear to be soft. This is a florida kid. With speed, how could you underestimate this kid? Half yall don't know ****. Let the coached do their job. If kid played wide receiver, he can locate the ball. If kid has speed, you can't teach that. That's all a coach needs. Yes he need heart, most florida boys have that. There is no guarantee that we will get another commit from another cornerback this year. If the kid had committed else where and PS or TC don't come, we have nothing. Oh, don't let him ball out else, then your complaining about how did we miss him. So now the kid is a cane!! Support him!! Don't send negative vibes, ya lil negative whiny fake *** trolls..that part

Julian Battle

Bingo

200w (9).gif

Welcome to da []_[] young man!!!

Julian Battle

Didnt Battle sign with UM, though, initially,? I still have the recruiting videos from Canesport where he was on there, lol

Good athlete, went to Tennessee IIRC

Speaking track speed and times only he compares at the same stage/grade level of development with Henderson-- Let's see his times from the upcoming track season

Henderson
100 Meters
2016 Outdoor 11 10.77
2017 Outdoor 12 10.40 PR * (run with a 3.3mps tail wind--is 10.58 with no wind)

200 Meters
2014 Outdoor 9 22.55
2015 Outdoor 10 21.92 *
2016 Outdoor 11 21.24 *
2017 Outdoor 12 20.92 PR * (run with a 2.0mps tail wind -- 21.10 with no wind)

400 Meters
2014 Outdoor 9 50.24
2015 Outdoor 10 50.88
2017 Outdoor 12 48.48 PR *

Bethel
100 Meters
2016 Outdoor 10 10.78 PR (run with a 0.2 mps tail wind--10.79 with no wind)

200 Meters
2016 Outdoor 10 21.57 PR

400 Meters
2017 Outdoor 11 49.79 PR

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't mind the take at all, and we need him. He is talented, raw and probably wont be a serious contributor for 2 years, but talented.

Funny seeing a lot of opinions change from when he committed to UF in the summer though, lol.

A lot of grandstanding in here. I also really enjoy being told I don’t know what I’m looking at when I watch any type of tape. I don’t see it on either side of the ball outside of his speed. He will be a good special teamer for us, but will need a lot of development on either side to contribute, especially given the talent we have at WR. He’s several years away from being an ACC corner. At least at a championship level program. He’s part of the family now. Welcome kid! Prove this dumbass wrong and ball!

Advertisement

it's a quality pickup, pete, agreed ...... but that has nothing to do with the fact that we lost campbell and surtain. elite teams don't lose elite local players they've been recruiting for over 2 years. it doesn't happen to alabama, ohio state, LSU, etc., it's an epic fail no matter how you slice it.

add the fact that among nesta, chatfield, and briggs, we could lose 2 out of those 3? you have to question not the capacity for UM to be a very good team, but for UM ever to be a great one. if we lose campbell and surtaiin (99.9% likely), AND chatfield (50/50 at best), then i don't expect rumph to be on staff this time next year

It just happened to LSU...Devante Smith at WR last cycle. It happens to every school.

We're probably not getting Surtain or Campbell but Idgaf.... last season we only had Henderson and Edwards to bank on or we were sol.

This year we got Frierson, Blades, and Ivey... the cornerback position has been upgraded exponentially with those three alone.

**** whoever ain't a cane let the UGa groupies like dwinstitles and chosenone cry about it while the 2019 class is next up.

They ain't groupies they hot and cold *** ****s.. When **** hot they all in soon as it's not they sucking off the next man.. Both would be killed if they did that **** in the streets.

Real talk :fistbump:

Speaking track speed and times only he compares at the same stage/grade level of development with Henderson-- Let's see his times from the upcoming track season

Henderson
100 Meters
2016 Outdoor 11 10.77
2017 Outdoor 12 10.40 PR * (run with a 3.3mps tail wind--is 10.58 with no wind)

200 Meters
2014 Outdoor 9 22.55
2015 Outdoor 10 21.92 *
2016 Outdoor 11 21.24 *
2017 Outdoor 12 20.92 PR * (run with a 2.0mps tail wind -- 21.10 with no wind)

400 Meters
2014 Outdoor 9 50.24
2015 Outdoor 10 50.88
2017 Outdoor 12 48.48 PR *

Bethel
100 Meters
2016 Outdoor 10 10.78 PR (run with a 0.2 mps tail wind--10.79 with no wind)

200 Meters
2016 Outdoor 10 21.57 PR

400 Meters
2017 Outdoor 11 49.79 PR

Very interesting!

Advertisement
Back