Nick Roberts

Won't be in the class

Again with this bull **** Pete? Anyway you can explain your reasoning?

Miami is not recruiting him. That simple

There is still a lot of time left in the game. Hopefully he can change some minds with his camp performances.

They've evaluated and made up their minds already. They have their sights set elsewhere

I certainly hope this was said by the coaches to the recruit, the recruits family and his coaches prior to your announcement. I swear the media surrounding this program cares more about getting the news out than it does about the program at times.

Discretion Pete.

Look it up.

Advertisement
Wouldn't seem like a good plan to stop recruiting him this early

If they've evaluated him and decided he doesn't fit here, then it's actually the perfect plan. I don't know why you think they'd like him better at some point down the road. Either he's a fit for them, or he's not. Just because we like him doesn't mean the coaching staff does.

I hope we target some Georgia players Richt should have a pipeline up there &a South Carolina areas also.

If they've evaluated him and decided he doesn't fit here, then it's actually the perfect plan. I don't know why you think they'd like him better at some point down the road. Either he's a fit for them, or he's not. Just because we like him doesn't mean the coaching staff does.

It'd be shortsighted to think a 17 year old kid whos already shown a lot of promise couldnt improve his stock in his senior season when hes already out competing against the best. Giving final evaluations of players this early for a position of need is just dumb.....fit or no fit.

Advertisement

It'd be shortsighted to think a 17 year old kid whos already shown a lot of promise couldnt improve his stock in his senior season when hes already out competing against the best. Giving final evaluations of players this early for a position of need is just dumb.....fit or no fit.

Richt is going to get the best players he feels can play here. I think Roberts will stick, but if he doesn't, the staff will have someone else of a high caliber come in....

It's about skill set and that won't change. Obviously the staff doesn't feel he brings what they are looking for in their scheme.

Doesn't mean that he can't play it just they are not that high on him.

Richt is going to get the best players he feels can play here. I think Roberts will stick, but if he doesn't, the staff will have someone else of a high caliber come in....

Pete just said the staff isn't recruiting him.

What makes you think he will stick...

Hopefully, Richt will read your analysis and reconsider his position on Roberts. He's had less experience and success than you evaluating HS players and determining things like when it's OK to decide that a guy doesn't have what he wants in a player.

Advertisement
You guys are trying to prove he's a take but have you thought that just maybe he's not his type of corner scheme fit wise, maybe he prefers an all around corner than a press corner or a corner that best fits a zone.You guys have just seen his highlights, not his entire games so the only one who would be able to tell what his strengths and weaknesses are is shaq's dad and CMR because they've seen an entire game

Last edited:
pretty much what has went on is...they have seen the pretty new shiny trhings (dbs) down here and flat out havent seen the kid or evaluated..so their focused on s.fla guys..then the kid is diddly daddlying around going to track meets and 7 on 7 camps and havet yet came down to visit..red flag,....some one needs to advise that those " rivals camp" precedence to an actual college visit is minimal....or a track meet during your jr year could be skipped...but what do i know...if it was me....that meet was getting skipped

pretty much what has went on is...they have seen the pretty new shiny trhings (dbs) down here and flat out havent seen the kid or evaluated..so their focused on s.fla guys..then the kid is diddly daddlying around going to track meets and 7 on 7 camps and havet yet came down to visit..red flag,....some one needs to advise that those " rivals camp" precedence to an actual college visit is minimal....or a track meet during your jr year could be skipped...but what do i know...if it was me....that meet was getting skipped

I'd definitely advise a kid to skip a camp, in a heartbeat.

I'd have him make the meet though. He's anchor leg on their 4X1, those kids want and need him.

But if you're already a commit, you need to spend time with the coaches, and not focus on the high school camp tours, IMO.

Advertisement

But if you're already a commit, you need to spend time with the coaches, and not focus on the high school camp tours, IMO.

Lol what? If you're a fringe player who needs to show improvement you should ABSOLUTELY be on the camp tour practicing with and learning from the best. Riding around in a golf cart on campus and eating dinner on the bay with coaches isn't going to make you a better player.

Lol what? If you're a fringe player who needs to show improvement you should ABSOLUTELY be on the camp tour practicing with and learning from the best. Riding around in a golf cart on campus and eating dinner on the bay with coaches isn't going to make you a better player.

wait what??
wtf2.gif

Your a committed..havent spoken much to the coaching staff...but have an invite to their jr day....umm i think those camp tours of them running round in tights and shorts trying to look cute ***uld be by passed...have you ever been to one of these merchandised camps (rivals, nike)...its some coaching..but not much...its pretty much like the combine...you come in with what you got an they want a base of how you are...there probably is 100 dbs at this camp with like 3 coaches....they aint teaching much...run 2 40's...work some 7 on 7, shuttles, then one on ones. Its a meat market...i would of went to the um jr day over that to check my status with the school...like Dunning did

Advertisement
U are absolutely right... i told him ..

But the kid is a baller...with a work ethic like Shaq a freshmen already proving his worth in just a few weeks grading out extremely hi in the mat drills or Darrion arguably one of the hardest workers on the team...but like Franchise said early they may know better than me....but if plans to get what they want fail ... that will make it that much worst...i wanted him at UM...but I'm confident he will be ok either way

But the kid is a baller...with a work ethic like Shaq a freshmen already proving his worth in just a few weeks grading out extremely hi in the mat drills or Darrion arguably one of the hardest workers on the team...but like Franchise said early they may know better than me....but if plans to get what they want fail ... that will make it that much worst...i wanted him at UM...but I'm confident he will be ok either way

yea i love his film, etc..i like his playing style...i think he is a take.

He honestly could of came down...did jr day and the rivals camp in MIAMI.. if he was serious. Their going to honestly look at his size, skill set, and their are maybe 25 Nick Roberts level players in DAde/bROWARD alone...he should show his face..be persistent...maybe he will be able to impress again at Richts camp...idk...i like him though he has strength i like..agression i like...

Advertisement
Back