Nick Roberts

Advertisement
I don't know exactly where they'll play Dallas and I love the young man for his passion, but as a corner Roberts is better. Handy and him are a tossup.

Lol at roberts being better than dallas when saban went hard to get him to bama. Jesus Christ dude gets three picks in a high scho game and hes better than dj at corner. DJs corpse is rated higher than this kid......u cant make this **** up.

We typically agree, but what makes you say Saban went after him hard? What position were they recruiting him at?

As a corner, I don't see anything special about Dallas. I've said that since his name was first mentioned. I don't see a special wide receiver either. I've said he's a good all player, I just don't see him that great at anything. Someone I respect said safety, so we'll see. Either way, he's a good all around player and I like his attitude.

Roberts as a corner though, he looks great there and has all of what I would look for. He doesn't play small and three interceptions, in one game at that, that isn't what I base my opinion on.

Pete said saban was going hard after dj at db

Jesus, there are stories about every coach miss identifying kids. As for butch, are there seriously no kids from that era that Miami didn't get? There were no all-Americans that he thought should play another position? And possibly Richt didn't want a dual-threat QB, but still wanted cam so he figured TE. As for Roberts, he looks good to me but Richt doesn't want another small corner, can you blame him? Maybe the kid will ball somewhere else, but if he came here, maybe we'd get abused by big receivers. And god knows we aren't allowed to let bandy go, so what do you want? Move on.

Butch Davis was so terrible at evaluations he took a job with the browns and left the the greatest college team ever assembled. Worst evaluation ever.

Thank god for his bad evals and all those first rounders

Advertisement
Nick Roberts over edwards brini and bandy... been like that since the golden girls were in office... only comp at db signed in this class is Bandy... tape dont lie... check him out with and without pads and at paradise. The young man is overly underrated no doubt. So far oakleaf is 2/2 with owens and shaq i know it would be 3 for 3 with Nick. I agree with Richt for staying in "sfla", but he tripping with nick though. Imo he better than mayes jackson and young on the squad now he got it like that.

Jesus, there are stories about every coach miss identifying kids. As for butch, are there seriously no kids from that era that Miami didn't get? There were no all-Americans that he thought should play another position? And possibly Richt didn't want a dual-threat QB, but still wanted cam so he figured TE. As for Roberts, he looks good to me but Richt doesn't want another small corner, can you blame him? Maybe the kid will ball somewhere else, but if he came here, maybe we'd get abused by big receivers. And god knows we aren't allowed to let bandy go, so what do you want? Move on.

Butch Davis was so terrible at evaluations he took a job with the browns and left the the greatest college team ever assembled. Worst evaluation ever.

Then, when he got to the Browns, he took William Green instead of Portis.

Advertisement

Who I remember got stabbed up by his **** girlfriend

Who I remember got stabbed up by his **** girlfriend

Girlfriend stabbing you should make you question your evaluation skills.

Advertisement
Nick is the truth... He will succeed at the next level... I've seen he play all but one game this season.... He has a skill set that you can't teach... Last game they wouldn't throw to his side until the end of the game when they went 3 x 1 with their stud lined up against Nick... the result pick 6... They ran a sweep on the opposite side of Nick... the back breaks around the end Nick reels him in like a fish on a hook...

Richt recruited Cam Newton as a TE.....seriously

If you scour the UGA message boards, they say Richt's recruiting evals were horribly inconsistent. Yes, they had good classes but the classes were often not balanced well and he had a lot of 4-5 star attrition, fwiw. At least it's what they say.

Wasn't it because Green "did better on grass"?...lol

Last edited:
Advertisement

If you scour the UGA message boards, they say Richt's recruiting evals were horribly inconsistent. Yes, they had good classes but the classes were often not balanced well and he had a lot of 4-5 star attrition, fwiw. At least it's what they say.

Just like they are blaming CMR for sucking this year. They can't face the fact that Kirby is a corch.

Nick is the truth... He will succeed at the next level... I've seen he play all but one game this season.... He has a skill set that you can't teach... Last game they wouldn't throw to his side until the end of the game when they went 3 x 1 with their stud lined up against Nick... the result pick 6... They ran a sweep on the opposite side of Nick... the back breaks around the end Nick reels him in like a fish on a hook...

I agree 100%. I pray we somehow reel nick back in. I think he is a great prospect. Just look at his footwork in 1 on 1s. Kid is fluid & has a ton of heart.

Cam would have been one **** of a TE.

By the way most of the country recruited cam as a tight end. Since it's fashionable now to ***** about richt,why doesn't the fan base who mostly idolized urban Meyer choose to remember that urban didn't just have cam on his team as a Gaytor qb,urban physically did switch cam to tight end before cam transferred out because of that mess & more.

Cam would have been one **** of a TE.

By the way most of the country recruited cam as a tight end. Since it's fashionable now to ***** about richt,why doesn't the fan base who mostly idolized urban Meyer choose to remember that urban didn't just have cam on his team as a Gaytor qb,urban physically did switch cam to tight end before cam transferred out because of that mess & more.

What?!?! That's completely false

Dude was a 4-5 star dual threat qb coming out of hs. He just didn't blow up at auburn or was some under the radar guy. He was a big time " quarterback ".

I actually heard an interview with his dad and he said "there was actually a few coaches who recruited him as a te" the announcer was in disbelief and asked "was it anybody we'd heard of "and he mentioned Mark.

That dude was nothing but a qb. Huge arm , with a beautiful throwing motion. He just happened to be built like a monster. Any coach that wanted him as a te was ******** the pootch majorly. He had unbelievable arm talent , it would've been a huge waste.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back