NFL overtime rules are lame.

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
Talk about weak schit. The MVP of their league didn't even get to touch the ball in OT.

NFL just gets weaker by the season.

Advertisement
100% agree, I have always found it absurd and arbitrary. I see no reason the other team shouldn't have the equal opportunity to score. That issue is especially highlighted in this situation, because as you said, the guy on the other side is the **** LEAGUE MVP.

I think college rules would be perfect, but maybe start farther back. Maybe the 50? Just a thought but I'm not sure.

Advertisement
Brady is the best QB of all time.

Glad they won. Fu&k Roget Goodell. He's a worse version of Mark Emmert.

The whole goat thing is hilarious. Nobody knows who the goat is. From teams to players.

There's just great players and teams of every generation.

Then again I guess sports bars and message boards need debates

Stop them.

The rules have been like this forever...Defense wins championships and games...If you hate the rule them stop the other team. Falcons couldn't stop them since the 2nd quarter ended and they loss the game because of it. Can't blame OT rules on it.

Edit: I will add, that I thought the original rule of needing a field goal was ridiculous...but the "first to score TD" rule is not nearly as bad. Why do you have to wait 2-3 OT's before its ok for the defense to be forced to keep the Offense out the end zone?

Last edited:
Stop them.

The rules have been like this forever...Defense wins championships and games...If you hate the rule them stop the other team. Falcons couldn't stop them since the 2nd quarter ended and they loss the game because of it. Can't blame OT rules on it.

Edit: I will add, that I thought the original rule of needing a field goal was ridiculous...but the "first to score TD" rule is not nearly as bad. Why do you have to wait 2-3 OT's before its ok for the defense to be forced to keep the Offense out the end zone?

Why not do something similar to the college rules so at a bare minimum both teams get action.

Advertisement

Disagree. Belicheck is the greatest. They went 11-5 without Brady in 2008. 3-1 this year with 3rd string and 2nd string QB's playing.

I imagine you might have a different opinion on this if Brady was doing what he's done for your Philly Eagles ...

The whole goat thing is hilarious. Nobody knows who the goat is. From teams to players.

There's just great players and teams of every generation.

Then again I guess sports bars and message boards need debates

this

I know there's a lot of miami dolphin fans here but realize this, I love watching the patriots simply because they're like the hurricanes of the nfl.. the nfl ***ing hates them which makes it even ***ing sweeter to watch brady drag his sack all over their face

thanks for $$$ goodell

Advertisement
When did it become a thing that the nfl and goddell hates the pats?. Was it when they changed rules for the qb..or when goddell is hanging and chilling at robert kraft house?.

When did it become a thing that the nfl and goddell hates the pats?. Was it when they changed rules for the qb..or when goddell is hanging and chilling at robert kraft house?.

Exactly. The fact that the NFL punished them for their transgressions isn't the NFL making them a victim. It's the NFL doing their job.

Advertisement

this

I know there's a lot of miami dolphin fans here but realize this, I love watching the patriots simply because they're like the hurricanes of the nfl.. the nfl ***ing hates them which makes it even ***ing sweeter to watch brady drag his sack all over their face

thanks for $$$ goodell

Well they did get caught videoing a teams practice before they played them in the sb. That's kinda a big deal, and not good for the brand.

I don't hate NE , and I'm not a huge nfl fan,but the whole " nfl hates the Pats" thing is dumb. They continually push the limits and get caught. They pretty much got away with spygate, just got a smack on the wrist. That's why they got slammed for deflategate. People around the league were ****ed from the first go round.

In the words of Charlie Murphy " they're habitual line steppers".

Talk about weak schit. The MVP of their league didn't even get to touch the ball in OT.

NFL just gets weaker by the season.

Never could understand that. You win the toss and have a decent kicker and it' over.

Actually they changed the rule to its only over if you score a TD on the opening drive. FG no longer ends the game, other team gets a shot. I guess it was too much ask of the Falcons D not to give up a TD in that situation?

Wanted the Falcons to win but they completely blew that game, had nothing to do with the OT rules.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back