NFL overtime rules are lame.

Brady goat? That insane catch by Eldeman won that ring. If Pete calls run instead of pass that's 2 less Superbowl wins. Brady is great but goat just because of Superbowl wins? I'm not so sure. You think Dilfer was better than Marino? Is Jim Kelly crap? He went to 4 in a row not even in the goat conversation.

Advertisement
Brady goat? That insane catch by Eldeman won that ring. If Pete calls run instead of pass that's 2 less Superbowl wins. Brady is great but goat just because of Superbowl wins? I'm not so sure. You think Dilfer was better than Marino? Is Jim Kelly crap? He went to 4 in a row not even in the goat conversation.

So that 1 catch won the game?

Albeit, a bad decision by Tom, that play didn't win the Pats the game.

THe man threw for 466 yards n the greatest comeback in superbowl history.

He did it dodging sacks and running for 1st downs.

The man has had a 4th quarter drive or comeback in at least 4 of the 7 superbowls.

He is the GOAT and its without question.

College football > NFL, and it's not even remotely close.

Bull.****.
NFL has a REAL playoff system, not some stupid *** "committee" that "decides" which 4 teams teams get in. In the NFL, EVERYBODY gets a shot, not some ***** *** power 5 rule that excludes colleges with no money. ncaa had computers deciding a champion----fuccin' computers. Only committee that needs to decide who goes to a playoff, is the coaches and players on the fuccin' field!

To all of you thinking the OT system sux: special teams and defense are football too. Stop crying like a lil' ***** 'cause your team "didn't get a chance to score." Man up and MAKE A FUCCIN' PLAY!

And the heisman...fuccin' joke. How many "heisman trophy winners, "best player in college football," didn't do **** in the League? Clown *** award.

the ncaa is the pimp/massa...college football and basketball athletes are the hoes/slaves.

College football is more exciting in every way imaginable. I'm not specifically talking about the OT rules, but yes, college has better rules in that regard.

The NFL has become boring over the years. Besides the playoffs, it's not very entertaining. I can pretty much watch any college game that's featuring teams in the top 50 and enjoy myself.

On the other hand, I can't watch any NFL game that doesn't have my team in it. Just not very interesting or exciting.

Last edited:

I hate Brady but he's the Goat. It's a shame Marino didn't play in this coddled QB era because i think he could've been the best but it is what it is.

The overtime rules are fine. The Falcons didn't lose the game because of one overtime possession. They had 60 minutes before overtime to seal the deal as did the Pats.

Advertisement
The whole goat thing is hilarious. Nobody knows who the goat is. From teams to players.

There's just great players and teams of every generation.

Then again I guess sports bars and message boards need debates

Really man?... You seem like a level-headed dude so no disrespect, but you're hating big-time in a couple threads. There is no rational disputing Brady at this point as the GOAT QB, and this coming from someone who has rooted against them a lot over the years. Atlanta definitely choked, but for a team and QB to lead a comeback like that is extremely rare in the NFL, let alone the **** super bowl. 17 years, 5-2 in SBs... Come on man. Give it up

Also looking at your second post.. You're naive if you think the Pats are the only team that cheats in the league. They've just been under more scrutiny because they win. Not quite the favoritism that Bama is given at the college level if you get me

I'm pretty sure when they got caught for spygate they hadn't won crap , so that theory is out the window. That was their first SB win. So just quit with that woe is me crap.

Other teams probably do cheat, but only one was stupid enough to put cameras up in the stadium where the super bowl was held. With the most security next to the Olympics. Then recorded their opponents practice. That's a huge deal and bad for business. And they got off light.

Now deflategate was bs, but the nfl let them off light the first time and took a major hit for doing it. So they used that as a second chance.

I don't hate the Pats, I actually didn't care they won the game , I just state facts.

The nfl didn't put those cameras up to watch another teams practice. The Pats also always have issues with the visitors equipment , or headsets. But that's the poor pats being hated on.

I'll tell you who I do dislike, it's the Pats fans who cry and whine about the nfl hating on them when their beloved team cheats and gets busted. Kinda like the dude who cheats on his chick and is mad the old lady smells his underwear every night he gets home. Well you caused the distrust.

Roger Goodell works for the owners , he's their employee. I guess he's also trying to destroy his boss, arguably the most powerful owner in sports ?

You fans and their cute conspiracy theories.

Nobody is doubting their greatness but come on man. But you're the perfect example of why pats fans are hated. Nobody likes a crybaby . Especially one that's been busted red handed

First of all, I'm not a pats fan whatsoever, so you can just get rid of all that talk. I just don't deny greatness and history when I see it.

Second, I admit the ordeal with the cameras was stupid as ****. It's a legit gripe. However, all it takes is watching Brady's actual play, the way he throws and places the ball, the way he completely dissects defenses seemingly effortlessly to see how good he is. I just think it's silly to bring up the camera stuff in the Brady conversation when he shows everyone time and time again that he's the greatest.

No conspiracies here. It's just an undeniable fact that cheating will always be involved (even if only a tiny way) in big time sports, so it's more just that they were stupid enough to do something like that and get caught. Have no idea what you're talking about with "woe is me" and all that nonsense when nothing about my post gave off tbat vibe. I repeat, I am not a Pats fan. Winners ARE under more scrutiny. You're right about them having not won as much then, but they were still **** good.

Don't care about the New England franchise. I am strictly talking about Brady being the GOAT, and it is not even debatable at this point.

Last edited:
Their offensive rhythm was messed up by having a big lead. They weren't in their normal offensive mindset for much of the 2nd half. OT would put them in a must score position. Would have liked to see it play out.

It's BS when their fate came down to a flip of a coin. Flawed system.

Hypothetical Example and statistics: Team Rank
Offensive #1
Defense #20

If they win the coin flip and get the ball, there is an 85% chance they win the game. If they lose the coin toss and have to play defense first, there is a 30% chance they win the game. The coin toss' outcome should only determine who gets ball first, and it should not have too much of an advantage over the outcome.

Last edited:
The game didn't come down to a coin flip when they already played 60 minutes of football.

Matt Ryan didn't not get a chance to win the game. He had several opportunities to seal the win in regulation. And so did their defense.

Advertisement
To play the other side of the argument:

Tom Brady had equal opportunities to win the game in regulation and wasn't able to win the game. It took extra time, and the win of the coin toss gave them the ball.

The whole point of this thread is that if a game goes to overtime, then both teams should at least get the ball once (after that, then it goes to sudden death). The current flip of a coin has too much influence over the outcome.

To play the other side of the argument:

Tom Brady had equal opportunities to win the game in regulation and wasn't able to win the game. It took extra time, and the win of the coin toss gave them the ball.

The whole point of this thread is that if a game goes to overtime, then both teams should at least get the ball once (after that, then it goes to sudden death). The current flip of a coin has too much influence over the outcome.

This.

The stupid league made all the rules for the offense.

Then they make it so OT comes down to who gets the ball first. Because 99% of the time if the game goes into OT your defense is already gassed.

The NFL has made defenses into the police. They aren't gonna stop anything. They are just there to take a report after the crime has been committed.

The NFL is sissy ghuey boy stuff. FFS The patriots running back had more receptions than carries. (14 receptions/ 6 carries)

Patriots passed the ball 63 times.
Patriots ran the ball 25 times.

I won't even get into the penalties and how much fun they are when you see the distribution.

Why not just get rid of the lineman and play 7-7? The whole thing is not even watchable anymore.

I pray to the Gods that the College game doesn't devolve into this sissy stuff.

Advertisement
Back