NFL overtime rules are lame.

The whole goat thing is hilarious. Nobody knows who the goat is. From teams to players.

There's just great players and teams of every generation.

Then again I guess sports bars and message boards need debates

Really man?... You seem like a level-headed dude so no disrespect, but you're hating big-time in a couple threads. There is no rational disputing Brady at this point as the GOAT QB, and this coming from someone who has rooted against them a lot over the years. Atlanta definitely choked, but for a team and QB to lead a comeback like that is extremely rare in the NFL, let alone the **** super bowl. 17 years, 5-2 in SBs... Come on man. Give it up

Also looking at your second post.. You're naive if you think the Pats are the only team that cheats in the league. They've just been under more scrutiny because they win. Not quite the favoritism that Bama is given at the college level if you get me

Last edited:
Advertisement
The whole goat thing is hilarious. Nobody knows who the goat is. From teams to players.

Really man?... You seem like a level-headed dude so no disrespect, but you're hating big-time in a couple threads. There is no rational disputing Brady at this point as the GOAT QB, and this coming from someone who has rooted against them a lot over the years. Atlanta definitely choked, but for a team and QB to lead a comeback like that is extremely rare in the NFL, let alone the **** super bowl. 17 years, 5-2 in SBs... Come on man. Give it up

Also looking at your second post.. You're naive if you think the Pats are the only team that cheats in the league. They've just been under more scrutiny because they win. Not quite the favoritism that Bama is given at the college level if you get me

I'm pretty sure when they got caught for spygate they hadn't won crap , so that theory is out the window. That was their first SB win. So just quit with that woe is me crap.

Other teams probably do cheat, but only one was stupid enough to put cameras up in the stadium where the super bowl was held. With the most security next to the Olympics. Then recorded their opponents practice. That's a huge deal and bad for business. And they got off light.

Now deflategate was bs, but the nfl let them off light the first time and took a major hit for doing it. So they used that as a second chance.

I don't hate the Pats, I actually didn't care they won the game , I just state facts.

The nfl didn't put those cameras up to watch another teams practice. The Pats also always have issues with the visitors equipment , or headsets. But that's the poor pats being hated on.

I'll tell you who I do dislike, it's the Pats fans who cry and whine about the nfl hating on them when their beloved team cheats and gets busted. Kinda like the dude who cheats on his chick and is mad the old lady smells his underwear every night he gets home. Well you caused the distrust.

Roger Goodell works for the owners , he's their employee. I guess he's also trying to destroy his boss, arguably the most powerful owner in sports ?

You fans and their cute conspiracy theories.

Nobody is doubting their greatness but come on man. But you're the perfect example of why pats fans are hated. Nobody likes a crybaby . Especially one that's been busted red handed

Btw, I'm not the guy that cares about them cheating . It doesn't change my view of their greatness. No qb or coach in history is more accomplished. Two all time greats.

I just don't want to hear about conspiracy theories or fans hating. That's part of the deal. If they don't out those cameras up this isn't an issue.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure when they got caught for spygate they hadn't won crap , so that theory is out the window. That was their first SB win. So just quit with that woe is me crap.

Other teams probably do cheat, but only one was stupid enough to put cameras up in the stadium where the super bowl was held. With the most security next to the Olympics. Then recorded their opponents practice. That's a huge deal and bad for business. And they got off light.

Now deflategate was bs, but the nfl let them off light the first time and took a major hit for doing it. So they used that as a second chance.

I don't hate the Pats, I actually didn't care they won the game , I just state facts.

The nfl didn't put those cameras up to watch another teams practice. The Pats also always have issues with the visitors equipment , or headsets. But that's the poor pats being hated on.

I'll tell you who I do dislike, it's the Pats fans who cry and whine about the nfl hating on them when their beloved team cheats and gets busted. Kinda like the dude who cheats on his chick and is mad the old lady smells his underwear every night he gets home. Well you caused the distrust.

Roger Goodell works for the owners , he's their employee. I guess he's also trying to destroy his boss, arguably the most powerful owner in sports ?

You fans and their cute conspiracy theories.

Nobody is doubting their greatness but come on man. But you're the perfect example of why pats fans are hated. Nobody likes a crybaby . Especially one that's been busted red handed

This never happened.

The reported who put the story forth retracted it and apologized.

Herald reporter: 'Devastating leap of logic' led to story

It's just ******* stupid that the NFL changed basically all their rules to help Offenses and reduce the effectiveness of Defenses and then this is their overtime rule?

Jesus wept.

Roger Goodell is a ******* hack, a piker and a ham roll.

Advertisement
Agree it is horse**** but be careful, original canes canes canes will say you don't know football. Lulz

Talk about weak schit. The MVP of their league didn't even get to touch the ball in OT.

NFL just gets weaker by the season.

NFL IS lame.
Talk about weak schit. The MVP of their league didn't even get to touch the ball in OT.

NFL just gets weaker by the season.

FIFY

Pro and college should just play OT with both teams getting a possession. None of the 25-yard line, no kickoff crap. Earn everything.

I just wish they would tweak it further where not only if one first team scores a FG, the second has to score a TD, but if the first team scores a TD, the second has to not only score a TD, but has to go for two points. This would put both teams on the field, no matter what the situation of course, if the first team goes for two points, game over. The pats won the SB on a coin toss. I wish everything in life was a giveaway like that. Go on disagree, but this is my two cents. And yes, I hate the patriots, hope they all get venereal disease from each other.

Advertisement
It use to be called "Sudden Death" when all it took was first score, any score, and that was for a reason. I still remember the Fins triple OT against KC on Christmas. The college rule is like slow death.

proxy.php

funny-tom-brady-memes-2017.png

Advertisement
I find this thread hilarious.

Let's say last season's Super Bowl would have gone into OT. More than likely Carolina would have wanted to kick the ball with the way Cam was getting killed out there. Denver probably would have been tempted too with the way Peyton was getting hit.

There are three phases in a Super Bowl.
The Falcon's Defensive phase did not do their job of keeping the Patriots out of the endzone. We should not change the rules because of that.

Giving both teams a chance to score a TD is what the XFL did.

Advertisement
Ye, they went 11-5, didn't win the division, didn't make the playoffs, and sucked in every meaningful game they played.

Sure, Belicheck can always keep a contender; But tom gets you to the playoffs, wins the conference and gives you a chance in the superbowl against any and all odds.

Belicheck is my favorite coach of all time and he is most definitely the GOAT; but he knows as well as anyone that Tom Brady is the captain of the underdog, underestimated all heart TEAM, and THAT you can not coach.

It's an insult to the very core to even assume Bill could contend for superbowls without Tom.

Keep a competitive winning team without Tom? yes

Win playoff and superbowl games without Tom? **** no

College football > NFL, and it's not even remotely close.

Bull.****.
NFL has a REAL playoff system, not some stupid *** "committee" that "decides" which 4 teams teams get in. In the NFL, EVERYBODY gets a shot, not some ***** *** power 5 rule that excludes colleges with no money. ncaa had computers deciding a champion----fuccin' computers. Only committee that needs to decide who goes to a playoff, is the coaches and players on the fuccin' field!

To all of you thinking the OT system sux: special teams and defense are football too. Stop crying like a lil' ***** 'cause your team "didn't get a chance to score." Man up and MAKE A FUCCIN' PLAY!

And the heisman...fuccin' joke. How many "heisman trophy winners, "best player in college football," didn't do **** in the League? Clown *** award.

the ncaa is the pimp/massa...college football and basketball athletes are the hoes/slaves.

College football > NFL, and it's not even remotely close.

Bull.****.
NFL has a REAL playoff system, not some stupid *** "committee" that "decides" which 4 teams teams get in. In the NFL, EVERYBODY gets a shot, not some ***** *** power 5 rule that excludes colleges with no money. ncaa had computers deciding a champion----fuccin' computers. Only committee that needs to decide who goes to a playoff, is the coaches and players on the fuccin' field!

To all of you thinking the OT system sux: special teams and defense are football too. Stop crying like a lil' ***** 'cause your team "didn't get a chance to score." Man up and MAKE A FUCCIN' PLAY!

And the heisman...fuccin' joke. How many "heisman trophy winners, "best player in college football," didn't do **** in the League? Clown *** award.

the ncaa is the pimp/massa...college football and basketball athletes are the hoes/slaves.

College is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than NFL.

Advertisement
Back