NFL Mock Draft

Advertisement
**** of a take on Winston, you have to actually watch him put the ball in play for defenses to actually get he's a good QB.
What is the difference between decision making and accuracy when the result is the same? .

I get that he looks good in 7 out of 10 plays, but the 3 plays he goes brain dead/erratic with ball placement matters a lot, especially when you're trying to win a title

If you actually break down the film and/or listen to interviews of the coaching staff you know that most of Winston's turnovers are caused by mistakes by the OL or receivers. On the flipside, most of the bad Winston plays aren't turnovers, instead they're routine plays where he takes bad sacks or misses downfield opportunities with his poor deep ball accuracy.

Bottom line with Winston is he's the most aggressive intermediate thrower in the NFL which is a function of the schemes he's put in and his playing style. Any QB who isn't dinking and dunking is going to produce turnovers because that's inherent to taking deep drops and throwing into coverage. The exception is Russell Wilson who makes most of his plays outside of structure, although he almost cost his team the game Monday by underthrowing a wheel route in Winston-esque fashion.

I realize this stuff probably sounds groundbreaking to the average fan who has no concept of context and evaluates from a narrow-minded black/white perspective where everything is the QB's fault irrespective of circumstance. The reality with Winston is he has played for a bad team that's been corched into the ground and he loses games regardless of his individual performance or turnover tally. The Bucs are #4 in scoring this season and are 3-6. Winston is not the problem. You don't win a title with the 32nd ranked defense that gives up more points than the implied scoring total (from Vegas) in every single game.

If you actually break down the film and/or listen to interviews of the coaching staff you know that most of Winston's turnovers are caused by mistakes by the OL or receivers. On the flipside, most of the bad Winston plays aren't turnovers, instead they're routine plays where he takes bad sacks or misses downfield opportunities with his poor deep ball accuracy.

Bottom line with Winston is he's the most aggressive intermediate thrower in the NFL which is a function of the schemes he's put in and his playing style. Any QB who isn't dinking and dunking is going to produce turnovers because that's inherent to taking deep drops and throwing into coverage. The exception is Russell Wilson who makes most of his plays outside of structure, although he almost cost his team the game Monday by underthrowing a wheel route in Winston-esque fashion.

I realize this stuff probably sounds groundbreaking to the average fan who has no concept of context and evaluates from a narrow-minded black/white perspective where everything is the QB's fault irrespective of circumstance. The reality with Winston is he has played for a bad team that's been corched into the ground and he loses games regardless of his individual performance or turnover tally. The Bucs are #4 in scoring this season and are 3-6. Winston is not the problem. You don't win a title with the 32nd ranked defense that gives up more points than the implied scoring total (from Vegas) in every single game.
Yeah we don’t need A qb, I’m more than fine with Winston even with his mistakes. You brings effort every game and the oline and especially defense are bigger concerns than Winston for the Bucs IMO

Advertisement
T. Tagovailoa21-40, 418 YDS, 4 TD, 1 INT Against that LSU D is pretty darn good.

That turnover machine has 3 int's all year and has 31 TD's. Yeah he's a bum. hahahahahahahahaha
So are you going to list any of his attributes that will translate well into the NFL or just lazily refer to stats?

Also, 150 of those 400 yards and 2 TDs came from 2 plays. He'll never at any point in the pros have the type of massive talent advantage on his team that will see his receivers run simple go routes for automatic touchdowns. What he is going to see is sophisticated coverages like he's seen from Kirby Smart and Brent Venerables defenses that saw him go for 1 TD with 4 INTs.

Dude cannot break down defenses or recognize coverage.

Advertisement
I'm a Dolphins fan as well, watch how we fvck up these picks, and they take a RB first round I'm done lol

These wins they're getting are doing absolutely nothing but hurt them in the long run. So sick of hearing Dolphins fans say "But this is good for the camaraderie of the team and coach". Bulls*t!!! We haven't had a QB worth sh**T since Dan. I've had season tickets to Dolphins for 38 years(UM too) and I'm so sick of ******** up the draft.

So are you going to list any of his attributes that will translate well into the NFL or just lazily refer to stats?

Also, 150 of those 400 yards and 2 TDs came from 2 plays. He'll never at any point in the pros have the type of massive talent advantage on his team that will see his receivers run simple go routes for automatic touchdowns. What he is going to see is sophisticated coverages like he's seen from Kirby Smart and Brent Venerables defenses that saw him go for 1 TD with 4 INTs.

Dude cannot break down defenses or recognize coverage.

You mean like all the attributes Ryan Leaf had or Josh Rosen. LOL I let game film and how they do against good competition and the kid is a baller whether you like him or not. I would even say he's more impressive than Murry from Oklahoma.

Advertisement
You mean like all the attributes Ryan Leaf had or Josh Rosen. LOL I let game film and how they do against good competition and the kid is a baller whether you like him or not. I would even say he's more impressive than Murry from Oklahoma.
Game film? His receivers consistently take 5 yard slants 70 yards for tds. And get a crazy separation from every db. He never has to throw his guys open or throw to a spot in a zone. He has some game but I don’t think it will translate against NFL athletes and schemes. Mariota is his ceiling

Game film? His receivers consistently take 5 yard slants 70 yards for tds. And get a crazy separation from every db. He never has to throw his guys open or throw to a spot in a zone. He has some game but I don’t think it will translate against NFL athletes and schemes

I guess we will have to wait and see. I think the kid just knows how to win and it will translate nicely. Although that work so well for Johnny Manzel LOL

Advertisement
What on earth are you talking about when you bring up prior busts? You think I’m talking about measurables when I say attributes or something?

Can you name the things you like about his game that will translate in the NFL and stop avoiding the question please?

I also love how you mention big games directly after my response mentioning his 1 TD and and 4 ints.

What on earth are you talking about when you bring up prior busts? You think I’m talking about measurables when I say attributes or something?

Can you name the things you like about his game that will translate in the NFL and stop avoiding the question please?

I also love how you mention big games directly after my response mentioning his 1 TD and and 4 ints.

OK I'm not a coach but I'll do my best.

I like that he sits in the pocket and surveys the field. He does stare down his receivers sometimes but it could be because they're so wide open.

I like that he throws it away instead of taking the sack.

I like his arm Strength.

I like that he can run if the pocket breaks down.

I don't like it that he's a lefty but in the Dolphins case that may be a good thing. (No LT to speak of)

He's got to work on accuracy a bit but I think the kid has all the tools to be good to great.

What incredible mediocre hill to die on. I hope that you're at least a bucs fan and not just watching Winston play QB for "fun".

Advertisement
Back