Nfl free agency thread

LMAO! Miami was "tanking" and still split with the Jets. What do you think is going to happen when Miami improves in the trenches and those PS players are replaced with decent-to-average starters?
The dolphins will win 6 games instead of 5

Advertisement
As a Bills fan, the best way to look at it is, 22 and Wyatt Teller and Russel Bodine and a 4 next year for Diggs. Considering Buffalo was going to cut Teller and Bodine after TC it's a win. Plus they still have 7 picks left.

Secondly, at 22 are you guaranteed to get a player of Diggs caliber to step in day one this season? Probably not.

Diggs is 26 and has 4 more years left on his contract at only 45 million.

I get it’s a deep draft but at 22 the top 3 will be gone and I’d rather have Diggs over the any of them in the draft except for maybe Jeuedy.

PFF is a known garbage *** analytics company get out my face with that ****. Bradberry covered 3 of the best WRs twice a year and locked them up. Go over pay Byron. Also I’m pretty sure Byron doesn’t shadow the other teams best WR bradberry does
You realize the Giants went hard after Jones as their top option and only pursued Bradberry once Jones agreed to sign with Miami, right?

You realize the Giants went hard after Jones as their top option and only pursued Bradberry once Jones agreed to sign with Miami, right?
That is false. Yes, the giants pursued him, but they didn’t want to pay Jones 85 million dollars. They went for Bradberry instead, who shut down some of the best receivers in the NFL. The dolphins just made Jones the highest payed CB in the NFL because they were desperate. He didn’t even make the pro bowl last year. He isn’t even close to be the best cornerback in the league.

Bradberry locked down some of the best wrs in the league last year

Attachments

• 9AB135A4-8007-4F1B-BFCA-04C6045220B3.jpeg
    9AB135A4-8007-4F1B-BFCA-04C6045220B3.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 26
Advertisement
Look on the bright side, Minnesota gets 4 picks (3 in 2020 & 1 in next year's draft) to get rid of a player that would've been a malcontent in the locker room because he didn't wanna be there.

This draft is super deep at WR, you could literally find a legit playmaking Wide out in rounds 2-5.

Diggs is a very good WR, but I don't think that's a bad trade for the Vikings.
Vikings my team El, I agree with you. Cousin and Diggs just didn't see eye to eye.
One of my boys is devastated, Diggs was his favorite player.

Any time you can trade a player...outside of QB...no matter how good they are...for a package of picks including Round 1, Day 2, and other picks, you made a good trade.

Diggs is great, but Minnesota got a nice deal for him.

Houston on the otherhand? Took 50 cents on the dollar for Nuke. Yikes.

Advertisement
I agree with this. Plus Diggs was a 5th round pick. Granted he’s worth more than that now but we got a 1st rounder, a 4th, 5th and 6th and still have Thielen, Rudolph (a couple guys that catch a lot of passes).

Rhodes has been bad the past season and was making way too much money. I’d argue he’s the most overrated and overpaid CB after his past 2 seasons. Every time he tackles someone he’s injured for the next quarter. Need a lock down corner, more Oline and somebody to replace Linval Joseph. I hope we can resign Joseph out of the guys we lost.
Don't forget Irv Smith Jr., he is half TE half WR. Man can play.

I disagree that he’s got Shaq Barrett upside. Rushing the passer isn’t Lawsons game. He’s a great to elite at being a run stopper but is average getting after the QB. 8 sacks would be a great year for him but idk if that makes him worth $10 million a year

Yeah I agree. Barrett's stats are inflated because of the volume of pass rushes he had but the point was you get value in FA from edge guys who flash in limited snaps. With established starters you're paying for past production instead of projecting future performance.

Advertisement
Diggs is 26 and has 4 more years left on his contract at only 45 million.

I get it’s a deep draft but at 22 the top 3 will be gone and I’d rather have Diggs over the any of them in the draft except for maybe Jeuedy.

Oh I know, as a Bills fan I was on the Jefferson or bust train at 22. We essentially drafted Diggs at 22, and I don't think there is any receiver in the draft that's coming in and giving you that level of production right away

Advertisement
lol you literally dont know how he made that. Which pro bowl player have you seen just get dropped. Dudes nickname is all Rhodes are open. He has sucked for like 2 years now. No one knows how or why he was on a pro bowl roster...himself included. Its a running twitter joke

put him in a cover two scheme, that way he can literally just press the **** out of WR and be done for the day

You just him the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. And he isn’t even close to the best in the league. He didn’t even make the pro bowl last year

pRO BOWL IS POPULARITY FEST...MFIN XAVIER rHODES MADE IT AT CB. I wouldnt paid Jones that much...but pro bowl isnt my end all for anything...also The dlphins already have a top 5 cb in the nfl in howard any way. If they do keep Howard...him and Jones are really formidable.

Advertisement
Back