Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement
The Dolphins didn't overpay Jones, that was the market. $82.5M/5 years = $16.5M average per year.

The New York Giants whiffed on Jones, settled for James Bradberry, and gave him $45M/3 years = $15M average per year.

Comparing the two deals, it's actually a good deal for Miami or a horrible deal for the Giants. The cap will go up and so will salaries and Bradberry will get more money in 3 years from now, likely bringing his average at or higher than Jones, a far superior player.
Would you want us to get Karras ?

Would you want us to get Karras ?
Not sure, I'd want it to be a solid deal. I say that because they could move Dieter over to center now that Flowers was signed at guard. Dieter has experience playing center at Wisconsin. I'll trust Flores and Grier. I like the moves and I respect their football acumen, which is light years ahead of Tanenbaum.

Advertisement
I’m fine with drafting a tackle but we need 2. Fins should go after Bryan Bulaga or Cordy Glenn.

The Dolphins didn't overpay Jones, that was the market. $82.5M/5 years = $16.5M average per year.

The New York Giants whiffed on Jones, settled for James Bradberry, and gave him $45M/3 years = $15M average per year.

Comparing the two deals, it's actually a good deal for Miami or a horrible deal for the Giants. The cap will go up and so will salaries and Bradberry will get more money in 3 years from now, likely bringing his average at or higher than Jones, a far superior player.
Pros and cons to front loading but I'm betting he'll demand a new contract in 3 years. Lines up with the other 3 year deals but essentially gotta look at this as a close to 20m per year deal. Overpay.

Not sure, I'd want it to be a solid deal. I say that because they could move Dieter over to center now that Flowers was signed at guard. Dieter has experience playing center at Wisconsin. I'll trust Flores and Grier. I like the moves and I respect their football acumen, which is light years ahead of Tanenbaum.
I think that money should be spent on Bulaga or Cordy Glenn to play RT.

Anyone in particular left on your wish list after Lawson,Jones,Flowers and Van Noy have been signed?

Advertisement
Anyone in particular left on your wish list after Lawson,Jones,Flowers and Van Noy have been signed?
They also signed a safety from Cincy, for ST and depth. I'd like to see another starting OL brought in. Bulaga would be sweet. We had too many holes for one offseason, but once the dust settles with FA and then the Draft comes and our 14 picks, we are going to be very solid this year. Give it a couple years and we can be dangerous. Will depend on the QB and if they get it right.

Advertisement
They also signed a safety from Cincy, for ST and depth. I'd like to see another starting OL brought in. Bulaga would be sweet. We had too many holes for one offseason, but once the dust settles with FA and then the Draft comes and our 14 picks, we are going to be very solid this year. Give it a couple years and we can be dangerous. Will depend on the QB and if they get it right.

Would you be ok with drafting Jordan Love? Is it Tua or broke IYO ?

feel like dolphins are just blowing through their cap
The team had the most cap space in the NFL because they got rid of guys. This is fiscally responsible restocking. They had like $100M in cap space. They'll still have a lot of cap space left before they get to be anywhere near a situation like the Rams are in now.

Advertisement

Would you be ok with drafting Jordan Love? Is it Tua or broke IYO ?
I would be OK drafting Jordan Love so long as it is not in the top 10 picks. He won't last to #18 so we'd have to trade up. If we got Simmons (Okudah is now firmly out of the equation with Jones signing) and then traded up to take Love I wouldn't be ****ed. But I definitely have been on the Tua to Miami wagon for months and that's not changing. I just don't want Justin Herbert 5th overall. You?

I would be OK drafting Jordan Love so long as it is not in the top 10 picks. He won't last to #18 so we'd have to trade up. If we got Simmons (Okudah is now firmly out of the equation with Jones signing) and then traded up to take Love I wouldn't be ****ed. But I definitely have been on the Tua to Miami wagon for months and that's not changing. I just don't want Justin Herbert 5th overall. You?
Not a Herbert fan at all . I've accepted we won't get Burrows. If Tua is healthy I say make it happen but Love intrigues me. Herbert has bust written all over him though .

MAYBE, but his WAR projections, per PFF, does not bode well for him. Malcolm Butler was his most likely outcome.

Advertisement
Back