Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement
Here are the HOF running backs from the modern era (post-1950). Over 86% are Top 32 picks, and an incredible 69% were Top 10 picks. Only 14% were drafted outside the Top 32.

This is an excellent point.

To add to this - here's how RB's drafted 2000 - 2019 have produced

1585178299929.png

1st Round RB's produce at a significantly better rate.

RB's are no different than any other position - the best guys get drafted higher. Yes you can find a good player later, but just like at any other position, your odds of actually doing that drop by a good amount with each round.

Last edited:

This is a tricky bet.

2013 - Gio Bernard & 2014 - Bishop Sankey (yikes) were the first RB's off the board the only years a RB didn't go in the 1st. They were just super weak drafts.

It's a safe bet that a RB will be taken in Round 1 - but it might not be Taylor. Swift or Dobbins might be the #1 RB on some teams draft boards.

Advertisement
This is a tricky bet.

2013 - Gio Bernard & 2014 - Bishop Sankey (yikes) were the first RB's off the board the only years a RB didn't go in the 1st. They were just super weak drafts.

It's a safe bet that a RB will be taken in Round 1 - but it might not be Taylor. Swift or Dobbins might be the #1 RB on some teams draft boards.
Swift or Taylor are going first, both have significantly better odds than Dobbins to go first.

The spot for Taylor is the 49ers at the end of the first.

Their system operates with cheap backs, but look at what happened when you put a true talent (Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis) on those old Denver offenses. It adds another layer of explosiveness.

Not gonna happen. Niners have 4 backs they really like and have a lot of money invested.

Look for Niners to target WR, DL, DB and OL

Higher ceiling than Tua or any QB in the draft.

7:05 & 9:00 is what separates him from Tua in my book, and at 8:35 he puts it all together and shows some feel for position.

Last edited:

I personally think Herbert will be better than Tua in the long run. Herbert has a strong arm and he has been pretty accurate when I have watched himself. I was never impressed when I watched TUA. Buts that my personal opinion. And he is injury prone

Advertisement
I personally think Herbert will be better than Tua in the long run. Herbert has a strong arm and he has been pretty accurate when I have watched himself. I was never impressed when I watched TUA. Buts that my personal opinion. And he is injury prone

Tua is a true technician and very efficient in all the things you would teach a QB to do. Phenomenal. It's like he's studied the book and perfected everything about being a QB, but he's 6'1" and will need to be protected physically. Herbert has things you can't teach in tremendous size, arm-talent, and rare athleticism for someone of his stature. That said, he does the things you can teach pretty well and doesn't rely on his natural gifts to play the position.

7:05 & 9:00 is what separates him from Tua in my book, and at 8:35 he puts it all together and shows some feel for position.

LOL Herbert is not even close to Tua even if Tua was on crutches and had Carona

Phins signed Jordan Howard at 2 years 10M. If they had forked 2M more per year they could’ve gotten Melvin Gordon who has way more upside.
We could’ve even signed Lamar Miller who I still feel has more upside than Howard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back