NFL Draft 2017

TC7D

2000 Cane
Now some are saying third day selection....

An NFL scout told Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline that Miami QB Brad Kaaya "made a huge mistake entering the draft."

Our feelings exactly. We see first-round tools when watching Kaaya, but his inconsistencies render him a mid-rounder at present moment. Returning to school could have really helped his stock. "Most of the opinions of those I’ve spoken with here in Mobile about Kaaya's decision feel he will end up being available during the final day of the draft," Pauline wrote. That means Round 4 or below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
They had a mock today with kaaya going 45th overall to the cardinals today

Advertisement
Sick of this soft shouldered ****. What happened to next man up? Kids are gonna do what they want to do it's unfair to judge decisions that you don't have the information about.

We're fine. Btw my money is on Weldon.

Advertisement
I've always thought 3rd to 5th round. A lot can happen between now and then so lets see how he does on his pro day and workouts. I wish him the best of luck.

Pretty much everyone here thought he made a huge mistake.

Some kids make foolish decisions unfortunately

Advertisement
I'm predicting 3rd round to a team with an aging QB in a temperate climate, e.g. Saints or Chargers.

Kaaya might deserve a 4-5th round rating. But, QBs are always overdrafted. He is a good candidate to sit for 2-3 years to add weight, speed, arm strength, pocket awareness and escapability. I mention "temperate climate" because I don't see him whipping the ball around Buffalo, Pittsburg, Green Bay, etc.

I wish him good luck. Wish he was returning for another year.

I don't think he made a mistake. The "inconsistencies" he had as a Fr & Soph he didn't correct as a Junior, so why would it be assumed they'd be magically corrected as a Senior? I don't think he looked much different as a Junior than he did by the end of his Freshman season.

Last year everyone said Stacey Coley should come back and have a "monster season". It didn't happen. Coley's stock probably stayed level. That's what I think would happen with Kayaa.

He's a 3rd to 5th this year. He'd be a 3rd to 5th next year. Kayaa is who he is. Might as well start getting paid.

Advertisement
It is irrelevant now that the decision has been made. He's a Cane. Want him to get drafted high and have a very successful career. Good Luck Brad.

I'm predicting 3rd round to a team with an aging QB in a temperate climate, e.g. Saints or Chargers.

Kaaya might deserve a 4-5th round rating. But, QBs are always overdrafted. He is a good candidate to sit for 2-3 years to add weight, speed, arm strength, pocket awareness and escapability. I mention "temperate climate" because I don't see him whipping the ball around Buffalo, Pittsburg, Green Bay, etc.

I wish him good luck. Wish he was returning for another year.

agreed. i think the chargers would be a good spot for him. also, people need to chill on the mocks right now. the projections will take shape after the combine / after team interviews - which i think will help brad move up on draft boards.

i wish the kid nothing but the best, but agree that it was a mistake.

i am pretty certain that he received these reviews prior to making his decision, which leads to the question why would a seemingly intelligent kid elect to go pro in spite of strong, almost universal advice that to do so would be a mistake?

could lend credence to the rumor that he and richt were at odds or there was some friction in the relationship.

It's all B.S. ! For every Brad Kaaya critic who thinks he's made a mistake...there were ten critics who thought Olivier Vernon was selfish and unprepared.

Let the cards fall where they may. We have no way of knowing how good/bad he'll be. Time ...and professional QB-coaching will determine that.

Advertisement
Back