Highlights NFL data re: Miami Hurricanes Suck Donkey Balls (Dade and Broward on Decline To)

How many of the recruits that we didn't sign get big bags? Now that we can play the NIL game, can we now say we are back? lol
393D73A4-926C-426B-A72E-81230602A6FF.gif

Advertisement
This aticle is moot. Considering we post threads like this yearly on here because SOUTH FLORIDA STILL puts the most kids in the nfl.

Sh*t is stupid considering Dade n Broward is a grand total of a 30min drive...with most of the talent being in south broward anywway and north dade making it even closer.

This aticle is moot. Considering we post threads like this yearly on here because SOUTH FLORIDA STILL puts the most kids in the nfl.

Sh*t is stupid considering Dade n Broward is a grand total of a 30min drive...with most of the talent being in south broward anywway and north dade making it even closer.

Just an FYI.....

There are almost 1,700 players on NFL rosters. That's seventeen hundred. One thousand and seven hundred. How many came from Miami-Dade? 23.

In other words, about 1,675 NFL players did not play high school football in Miami-Dade. But we still have people running around here claiming that we just gotta lock down Dade and we're good.

South Florida is still on top overall.

I still don't understand why this is relevant. College football teams aren't required to pick an area to recruit from. You can recruit anywhere you want. South Florida having the "most" is still only a handful of draftable guys every year. But here we sit with almost 50 south Florida guys on our roster.

No one in the country, including Miami, can win anything by getting half of their guys from one geographic area.

Advertisement
I still don't understand why this is relevant. College football teams aren't required to pick an area to recruit from. You can recruit anywhere you want. South Florida having the "most" is still only a handful of draftable guys every year. But here we sit with almost 50 south Florida guys on our roster.

No one in the country, including Miami, can win anything by getting half of their guys from one geographic area.
But I would go with the geographic area we are located in...that is thegeographic area that produces the most professional football players for decades.

Just an FYI.....

There are almost 1,700 players on NFL rosters. That's seventeen hundred. One thousand and seven hundred. How many came from Miami-Dade? 23.

In other words, about 1,675 NFL players did not play high school football in Miami-Dade. But we still have people running around here claiming that we just gotta lock down Dade and we're good.
South Florida is a lil bit more than 3 counties.....as i typically spread it west to Lee, Collier, Glades and a bit above Palm Beach (Martin/ST lucie)

I dont think any one is saying on here LOCK DOWN DADE and we're good...considering in all the HISTORY of Dade no has been able to not even when we were Good. lol

Most posters believe recruit and nab a positive number of the south florida elites over a 3 year cycle then you should have a pretty good team.

Just an FYI.....

That's only 1.35% of players on NFL rosters from Miami-Dade. That might be the lowest percentage it's been in years. I would be interested to know what the percentage of Miami-Dade players on NFL rosters in the late 80's throughout the 90's and early 2000's. I bet it would be closer to 4-5%, which would be pretty impressive.

Advertisement
For some reason this board has a weird fascination with trying to discredit South Florida high school football talent. It's borderline obsessive.
One "study" and now all of a sudden there's a decline of football talent in South Florida? 🤔

Let's make sure we notify the other 100 universities that are dying to recruit kids from down here. Make sure they know that there's no talent left. 😂

Miami still on top tied with Houston, which is doing very well ever since Katrina. Plantation and Fort Lauderdale on here as well:

I called the Houston surge within a month of Katrina. The hardest hit neighborhoods in LA were the top producers of football talent, and they all migrated to Houston once their homes were destroyed.

It's relevant because coaches have limited time, and can't recruit in all places all the time. So having the highest density of football talent in the country in its own backyard "should" give Miami a massive advantage in stocking talent. That's why we have 50 South Florida guys on the roster. Yes you must recruit nationally to be a powerhouse. But a good chunk should be coming from So Florida given the massive advantage of proximity Miami has over everyone else.

Problem isn't that we have 50 So FL kids on roster, it's that we have the wrong 50, and the other 35 are also not pulling their weight. Plus our current coaches are also a bad fit for them ... at the very least the OC is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But I would go with the geographic area we are located in...that is thegeographic area that produces the most professional football players for decades.
I believe the data shows SoFL's grip as #1 is weakening very quickly.

I would'nt doubt to see a fall to top 5 within 5 years or so.

With that said, SoFL remains a strong pipeline.

San Antonio-Austin Metro should start ramping up soon.

For some reason this board has a weird fascination with trying to discredit South Florida high school football talent. It's borderline obsessive.
One "study" and now all of a sudden there's a decline of football talent in South Florida? 🤔

Let's make sure we notify the other 100 universities that are dying to recruit kids from down here. Make sure they know that there's no talent left. 😂

There are reasons for that. First, it’s a backlash against the “South Florida 3-star is a 4-star anywhere else” mentality that used to be all over these boards.

Second, it’s backlash against recruiting these players. A top kid from Ohio will commit to Ohio State 99% of the time with zero drama. Same for Alabama, Penn State, and so on. A top kid from South Florida? ****….there’s way too many games. Too much decision respecting. Too much enjoying the process. Too many Josh Jobes out there. Follow that for a few years and the kids become unlikeable.

Third, there’s a grain of truth that talent in South Florida isn’t what it was in the 80’s. Too much 7x7 and spread offense is creating a softer breed of kid down here. It tells you something that Nick Saban isn’t looking for any of these 5-star Florida kids (Innis, Brown, Hykeem) to be the next Calvin Ridley. How many top South Florida kids is he recruiting right now? Add that to the arrogant diva mentality mentioned above, and you have your reason for why people take their shots.

That said, South Florida is obviously a hotbed, nobody can dispute that.

Advertisement
Back