NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
6F2B4F2F-E3C7-4E04-B793-57C1DF35F34D.jpeg

YES PLEASE!!!!

Advertisement
Bieniemy’s problem is he doesn’t play the song & dance game well, he’s not a hat in hand trembling with fear “yessuh nosuh” type of Black man & that makes lots of Owners/GM’s uncomfortable & more reluctant to hire him.

People try to minimize it down to well he doesn’t call plays, which is interesting because Andy Reid has laid out numerous times how pivotal EB is in their play designs & overall game-planning on weekly basis, but even so still, a lot of guys get HC opportunities without having called plays. I mean Joe Judge never called a play in his life & that didn’t prevent him from getting the Giants job even though he was extremely unqualified. Zac Taylor didn’t call plays under Jay Gruden or Sean McVay & that certainly didn’t keep him from getting the Cincinnati job. Dan Campbell never called plays, still got HC job, same with John Harbaugh.

Then when you have dudes like Arthur Smith, Josh McDaniels, Matt Eberflus (no disrespect to your Bears lol) getting opportunities despite the fact it’s clear they’re not good HC’s. It just goes to show how backwards & dumb a lot of upper-management is around the league. I mean look at Dennis Allen, there’s no real rhyme or reason why a guy like that should be allowed to fail as much as he does & just keep getting opportunities to be a HC.

I’m not even saying that EB would necessarily be a Homerun hire or wouldn’t fail as a HC either, it’s just the point that he has to be made to jump through all these hoops while others get hired on a whim, prove to be trash HC’s & still get every opportunity to continue to fail up.

EB will do his thing in Washington, they actually have a good roster & are just a QB away from being a contender, if he can improve that Offense & they get to the playoffs this year & he doesn’t get a HC job, if I was him I would go be a HC in College or HC in the USFL & just say fck the league altogether lol.
I think EBs problems go way beyond the field, he doesn’t just have 1 reported allegation against him, he has quite the record that no one ever wants to bring up when talking about why he doesn’t have a head coaching job. Combine that with his, as you described it, doesn’t play the song and dance game personality makes him a massive risk of a hire from a PR standpoint and I’m sure a lot of owners are hesitant about making him the face of the franchise. I mean the guy has been tied to mahomes for how long now and I think if heard/seen maybe 3-5 EB interviews with the media.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Memnon Do Something!!!

RB Coach in the NFL is a cornerman position. Be a second pair of eyes, remind them of ****, motivate, communicate...

That seems like attributes Willie Taggart has.

It might be good for Willie to be around a professional operation and learn. He's had a clown show surrounding him (perhaps, orchestrated by him?) for a decade now as a head coach...that 10-2 season USF had with him looks like a major outlier and probably just the culmination of a great college quarterback - Quinton Flowers - than it was anything by BigTop Willie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back