NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bieniemy should have fired his agent as soon as he said the words "you have an interview with the Commanders." That once-great franchise needs Daniel Snyder gone right ******* now and several years to purge the stench. You could resurrect prime Vince Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick and combined they couldn't get this team to win right now.

As a side note, as a Hurricane and Redskins/WFT/Commanders fan the last 20 years have pretty much ******* sucked. Good thing I don't drink or I'd have worn out 5 livers by now.

Did Arizona not watch the Super Bowl in their own stadium?

Eagles fans are gonna love this.
I'm glad his bum *** is gone.
FB_IMG_1676660264496.jpg

Advertisement
Bieniemy should have fired his agent as soon as he said the words "you have an interview with the Commanders." That once-great franchise needs Daniel Snyder gone right ******* now and several years to purge the stench. You could resurrect prime Vince Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick and combined they couldn't get this team to win right now.

As a side note, as a Hurricane and Redskins/WFT/Commanders fan the last 20 years have pretty much ******* sucked. Good thing I don't drink or I'd have worn out 5 livers by now.

I hear what ur saying, but this is not an agent problem; this is a NFL problem. Matt Nagy nor Doug Pederson ever called plays under Andy Reid, yet both of them got NFL HC jobs. The Philadelphia Eagles defense just got embarrassed by the team Eric B is the OC of, yet, their DC immediately got a HC job.

For Eric, unfortunately he’s had to take the long way w hopes of getting a HC opportunity. So he was forced into whoever was going to give him that opportunity to achieve a bigger goal, a goal his predecessors were able to realize under the same circumstances.

Obviously not good enough to call plays here.

He needs to do it in the NFL for a couple of years before we can even consider him at Miami.

Maybe as a WR coach.
@Memnon already pointed out his failures as OC at USC. Not sure why people think that NFL = better. ****, the Bengals almost hired Todd Grantham before Lou Anarumo. Grantham turned the job down and chose to stay at Florida at the time. NFL franchises do dumb **** all the time. Kliff Kingsbury was just the head coach in Arizona after a stint of mediocrity at best in college. These comparisons are pretty worthless in demonstrating the value or ability of coaches. You only need one sucker to fall in love and hire you — and Indianapolis is not the best ran franchise in general.

@Memnon already pointed out his failures as OC at USC. Not sure why people think that NFL = better. ****, the Bengals almost hired Todd Grantham before Lou Anarumo. Grantham turned the job down and chose to stay at Florida at the time. NFL franchises do dumb **** all the time. Kliff Kingsbury was just the head coach in Arizona after a stint of mediocrity at best in college. These comparisons are pretty worthless in demonstrating the value or ability of coaches. You only need one sucker to fall in love and hire you — and Indianapolis is not the best ran franchise in general.

Pls say it louder for the ppl in the back.

Kliff was the pretty boy, surfer looking dude who had a mouthpiece on him to get an in. His best HC job was his 1st yr w/ TT taking over an 8-5 team from Tuberville. He was a sub .500 coach thereafter, & a sub .500 HC in college. U tell me; w/ a sub .500 HC record at the collegiate level, what qualified him to be a HC at the NFL level? & some fans r shocked that he was a sub .500 HC w/ The Cardinals! Lol. Why; b/c of how he looked & presented himself?

There’s a reason y the NFL has a high turnover ratio for GMs, & it’s not just the NFL, but professional sports in general. It’s filled w/ nepotism & cronyism at the top, w/ the greater majority of these guys not having the qualifications to run a franchise. Hence, u’ll see bad hire after bad hire, & bad draft picks after bad draft picks. There’s very few well ran organizations & those r the ones who treat their teams like a business vs. a family & friends operation.

Advertisement
I hear what ur saying, but this is not an agent problem; this is a NFL problem. Matt Nagy nor Doug Pederson ever called plays under Andy Reid, yet both of them got NFL HC jobs. The Philadelphia Eagles defense just got embarrassed by the team Eric B is the OC of, yet, their DC immediately got a HC job.

For Eric, unfortunately he’s had to take the long way w hopes of getting a HC opportunity. So he was forced into whoever was going to give him that opportunity to achieve a bigger goal, a goal his predecessors were able to realize under the same circumstances.
Bieniemy’s problem is he doesn’t play the song & dance game well, he’s not a hat in hand trembling with fear “yessuh nosuh” type of Black man & that makes lots of Owners/GM’s uncomfortable & more reluctant to hire him.

People try to minimize it down to well he doesn’t call plays, which is interesting because Andy Reid has laid out numerous times how pivotal EB is in their play designs & overall game-planning on weekly basis, but even so still, a lot of guys get HC opportunities without having called plays. I mean Joe Judge never called a play in his life & that didn’t prevent him from getting the Giants job even though he was extremely unqualified. Zac Taylor didn’t call plays under Jay Gruden or Sean McVay & that certainly didn’t keep him from getting the Cincinnati job. Dan Campbell never called plays, still got HC job, same with John Harbaugh.

Then when you have dudes like Arthur Smith, Josh McDaniels, Matt Eberflus (no disrespect to your Bears lol) getting opportunities despite the fact it’s clear they’re not good HC’s. It just goes to show how backwards & dumb a lot of upper-management is around the league. I mean look at Dennis Allen, there’s no real rhyme or reason why a guy like that should be allowed to fail as much as he does & just keep getting opportunities to be a HC.

I’m not even saying that EB would necessarily be a Homerun hire or wouldn’t fail as a HC either, it’s just the point that he has to be made to jump through all these hoops while others get hired on a whim, prove to be trash HC’s & still get every opportunity to continue to fail up.

EB will do his thing in Washington, they actually have a good roster & are just a QB away from being a contender, if he can improve that Offense & they get to the playoffs this year & he doesn’t get a HC job, if I was him I would go be a HC in College or HC in the USFL & just say fck the league altogether lol.

So Bieniemy finally gets to call plays. Be interesting to see who they get for QB spot. Got some decent playmakers on offense but need a QB that can make it work

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back