NFL Coaching Thread

Advertisement
I read some rumors of Mike Muchak to Miami as OL coach.

Any validity? Does he still have it?

Advertisement

I’m sure there’s some Fins fans in here. How good were his defenses during his tenure?

They were high risk and high reward. Created TOs and gave up big plays. Teams with good QBs/Playoff teams put up 30 spots on the regular. Ate against the bad QBs. Needs good man CBs. Blitz heavy. Best when playing from ahead. From what I saw from the Vikings it looks like they went and hired someone with the completely opposite philosophy of the 2022 DC.

They were high risk and high reward. Created TOs and gave up big plays. Teams with good QBs/Playoff teams put up 30 spots on the regular. Ate against the bad QBs. Needs good man CBs. Blitz heavy. Best when playing from ahead. From what I saw from the Vikings it looks like they went and hired someone with the completely opposite philosophy of the 2022 DC.
I think you are right. I’ll take half the league’s QBs beating us as opposed to every QB. We’ve got good Safeties. My biggest issue with the previous DC was not blitzing H Smith enough from the S spot. Hopefully Flores is willing to move him around more like Zimmer did.

I think you are right. I’ll take half the league’s QBs beating us as opposed to every QB. We’ve got good Safeties. My biggest issue with the previous DC was not blitzing H Smith enough from the S spot. Hopefully Flores is willing to move him around more like Zimmer did.
Brandon Jones became one of the best blitzing safeties in league in that scheme. If Smith has any juice left he’ll get the chance

Advertisement
I think after the Denver guy went to Carolina Flores was the best candidate. I’m happy our vikes will at least try to stop someone next year. Kind of like going from goldens defenses to mannys defenses

I think after the Denver guy went to Carolina Flores was the best candidate. I’m happy our vikes will at least try to stop someone next year. Kind of like going from goldens defenses to mannys defenses
That’s all me and my brother wanted. Just need more aggressiveness. Watching Jones run unopposed every play in the WC made me wanna claw my eyes out.

Advertisement
Interesting…. So you saying the owners of the NFL are gonna hire 4 minority head coaches in the same offseason…. one of which, filed a discrimination lawsuit against said league. All I’m gonna say is that you have a lot of faith in the owners of the NFL.
How about just hiring the BEST head coach available, instead of going woke.

These franchises are businesses, and should be run as such. Being white, brown, black, blue, yellow, orange, etc., should not be part of the equation.

Interview all available options, and then hire the man that has the vision, plan and work ethic to get it done. If that happens to be a minority coach, great. But to hire someone based on a certain expected quota is foolish, and a disservice to that person.

How about just hiring the BEST head coach available, instead of going woke.

These franchises are businesses, and should be run as such. Being white, brown, black, blue, yellow, orange, etc., should not be part of the equation.

Interview all available options, and then hire the man that has the vision, plan and work ethic to get it done. If that happens to be a minority coach, great. But to hire someone based on a certain expected quota is foolish, and a disservice to that person.
I totally agree with you, but unfortunately that’s not always the case. Most of the time, black and brown people haven’t been given a fair chance by nfl owners. I get it. People tend to hire who they’re more comfortable with. Most people’s experiences are with those that we surround ourselves with. You can’t force owners to hire people of color, but at the same time, you can’t convince me that with all the black and browns that have starred in the game for decades, and the hundreds of black and brown assistant coaches in and around the league, that they’re less qualified to lead these NFL teams than their white counterparts. We’re missing out on a good pool of coaching talent talent, because most NFL owners can’t or refuse to step “outside the box”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back