NFL Black Monday/Firings

about time GIF

Advertisement
Ankle or something. Yeah they've sucked but they have been absolutely HAMMERED by injuries. Most in the league in a few years I'm pretty sure.

I'm a huge fan but usually can't watch them.this year as i get too ****ed off.
First off, the avi is legendary LOL

On Harbaugh, he's a good coach, maybe even in the sphere of really good but I HATED his gambles of going for 2pt conversions....it ultimately ended the Ravens shot at the postseason....Ravens football has been one of the models of consistency in the NFL and I hate that those guys didn't win the division and let a horrible Pittsburgh Steelers team in the postseason - although they beat them fair and square yesterday...

Two biggest losses were going for two instead of kicking the XP vs Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and then doing the same thing vs a Green Bay team that you weren't even supposed to be on the same field with (due to Lamar Jackson being hurt). Harbaugh and those two calls doomed those guys. He even splits those games and they're in the postseason

Suffice to say, I doubt those decisions are made with a healthy Lamar Jackson......so you really hope he doesn't lose the locker room because if I'm a player on that team and we have LITERALLY AND STATISTICALLY THE BEST KICKER IN NFL HISTORY, I'm questioning my HC big time

Advertisement
Completely disagree man. I think Gesicki is a top 10 TE He is doing it in a tough situation too. If you think he is being taken out of games, it really has more to do with the situation. We have no running game and no passing game beyond 15 yards (oh and Tua as our QB). Kind of tough. He has as good of hands anyone, runs good routes, good after the catch and finds open areas. Most of the TE's in the league now are basically slow WR's. The top 10 TE salaries right now go from about 8 mill to 15 mill (Kittle). The market will speak and I would guess give him something in the 10 to 13 mill range. Now we have to look at that and say is it worth that investment for that position. Also hard to know what we have in Long
I don’t disagree with you but with the limitations of Tua and the oline the dolphins won’t utilize him enough to justify how much he’ll get on the open market.

As a Ravens fan I hope we fire both Greg Roman & Wink Martindale.

Replace Roman with Mike Kafka or Joe Bleymaier & replace Martindale with Vic Fn Fangio or Vance Joseph.
What do you think of Harbaugh and his gambling at the end of games...namely the two pt conversions vs Pittsburgh and Green Bay instead of kicking the XP and going to OT.

First off, the avi is legendary LOL

On Harbaugh, he's a good coach, maybe even in the sphere of really good but I HATED his gambles of going for 2pt conversions....it ultimately ended the Ravens shot at the postseason....Ravens football has been one of the models of consistency in the NFL and I hate that those guys didn't win the division and let a horrible Pittsburgh Steelers team in the postseason - although they beat them fair and square yesterday...

Two biggest losses were going for two instead of kicking the XP vs Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and then doing the same thing vs a Green Bay team that you weren't even supposed to be on the same field with (due to Lamar Jackson being hurt). Harbaugh and those two calls doomed those guys. He even splits those games and they're in the postseason

Suffice to say, I doubt those decisions are made with a healthy Lamar Jackson......so you really hope he doesn't lose the locker room because if I'm a player on that team and we have LITERALLY AND STATISTICALLY THE BEST KICKER IN NFL HISTORY, I'm questioning my HC big time
Agree on the 2 point conversion gambles and big agree on Tucker. Which makes the 2 point conversions even worse decisions. Tucker is automatic. Plus, he's the best singer in the league.

Advertisement
Flores is a problem. Based on accounts, it seems few want to work for him. If true, that's a problem. His staff is atrocious. Most have little to no experience and few would probably get hired by the elite P5 college programs let alone top NFL programs. The OC thing is laughable. Their playbook doesn't have anything past 7 yards. Their OL coach is the worst in the league. Many teams have 2 OL coaches (primary and assistant) on their staff better than him. Flores put all that together.

6 of their 9 wins were against absolute garbage......Houston (4 wins), Jets twice (4 wins), Giants (4 wins), Panthers (5 wins) and Saints (9 wins but Ian Book at QB). After a surplus of draft picks and cap room, they are an average middle of the pack team with a defense good enough to steal one once in a while and an offense bad enough to lose one (Jacksonville).

I actually agree on FLORES hiring so far. Most are absolute crap and his decisions when he has an owner willing to spend anything on keeping two Co OC with limited to no experience as playcallers is a joke.

He also isn’t the best evaluator of talent if he does have the same say as GRIER does in signing players or drafting.

Grier’s *** should have been fired last year but he backed into a few very good players so now he will stay.

Ross ****ed this up so badly two years ago. Should have fired EVERYONE internal and external and hired someone like Louis Riddick or another GM to start from fkn scratch. Needed an entire tear down and he again did it in batches

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back