NFA 7v7 Tournament Review

Goulds Cane

Senior
I was out there this weekend at IMG Academy & saw all the top 7 on 7 teams in Florida & Georgia compete. It was COLD AS HELLLLLL. Gaby Urrutia was there. My eyes were set mostly on SFE, Defcon, DOMO, Miami Immortals & the single moms though. I'm not gonna do a whole back story because that's not important. I'll just review all the Canes prospects I saw & put them in thumbs up/thumbs down categories.

Thumbs up

Brandon Inniss: THUMBS ERECT. That boy right there is worth all the hype. Jesus christ that boy is special. HOW THE **** DO YOU STOP BRANDON INNISS BRUH?????? Bama fans are going to LOVE him.

Santana Fleming: Brandon Inniss is a freak of nature, but this boy is a close #2. His route running is FLUID. He is fast as ****. He catches EVERYTHING. He is the total package at wideout.

Travis Hunter: I need Bama/Clemson to throw a bag at him ASAP because under NO circumstances do I want him playing for FSU. He is a BEAST at WR. That boy jumped 40 inches off the ground, high pointed the ball WITH ONE HAND, came down with it & had everyone going NUTS. He was fluid on defense as well.

Devaughn Mortimer: Another kid I DO NOT want to see on the Noles. That boy is a deep threat if I ever saw one. He burned EVERYONE.

Mike Jackson: He is a PROBLEM. He is the black Troy Stellato. He's rail thin but he is FAST. He is a YAC monster. That boy good right there.

British Mitchell Jr: Lil Brisco is QUICK. He's maybe 5'6 but god**** he's quick. Hit him on a crosser & it is a WRAP.

Jullian Lewis: He catches EVERYTHING. He is a security blanket, a QB's best friend. Whichever school he goes to he is going to be very good there.

Jayvant Brown: He looked a little...round, but he is great in coverage even with that extra weight on him. I was surprised at how adept in coverage he was.

Jaylin Marshall: That boy good right there. Arizona State is getting a baller. He is every bit of 6'3 190 too.

Tyger ****ens: He was throwing lasers all weekend, hitting guys right on the money. Hopefully Lashlee is tracking his progression.

Elijah Hopkins: The DB from Ocala looked very adept in coverage, very smooth, made plays on the ball. He's a stud.

Thumbs down

Alfonzo Allen: He was getting beat all weekend, and he is NOT 6'1 205, more like 5'10 180.

Shawn Russ: He looked like DJ Ivey out there. Got beat every time the ball was thrown in his direction. God****

Antonio Robinson Jr: Literally got burned on the first play of SFE's first game. Got burned repeatedly.

There were some other kids that were TRASHHHHHH but idk their names. I want to put them on blast so bad lol. Besides Allen the Hallandale DBs were pretty good. Anyways, I'm back in Miami. I typed most of this waiting in line at Pollo Tropical lol

Advertisement
I was out there this weekend at IMG Academy & saw all the top 7 on 7 teams in Florida & Georgia compete. It was COLD AS HELLLLLL. Gaby Urrutia was there. My eyes were set mostly on SFE, Defcon, DOMO, Miami Immortals & the single moms though. I'm not gonna do a whole back story because that's not important. I'll just review all the Canes prospects I saw & put them in thumbs up/thumbs down categories.

Thumbs up

Brandon Inniss: THUMBS ERECT. That boy right there is worth all the hype. Jesus christ that boy is special. HOW THE **** DO YOU STOP BRANDON INNISS BRUH?????? Bama fans are going to LOVE him.

Santana Fleming: Brandon Inniss is a freak of nature, but this boy is a close #2. His route running is FLUID. He is fast as ****. He catches EVERYTHING. He is the total package at wideout.

Travis Hunter: I need Bama/Clemson to throw a bag at him ASAP because under NO circumstances do I want him playing for FSU. He is a BEAST at WR. That boy jumped 40 inches off the ground, high pointed the ball WITH ONE HAND, came down with it & had everyone going NUTS. He was fluid on defense as well.

Devaughn Mortimer: Another kid I DO NOT want to see on the Noles. That boy is a deep threat if I ever saw one. He burned EVERYONE.

Mike Jackson: He is a PROBLEM. He is the black Troy Stellato. He's rail thin but he is FAST. He is a YAC monster. That boy good right there.

British Mitchell Jr: Lil Brisco is QUICK. He's maybe 5'6 but god**** he's quick. Hit him on a crosser & it is a WRAP.

Jullian Lewis: He catches EVERYTHING. He is a security blanket, a QB's best friend. Whichever school he goes to he is going to be very good there.

Jayvant Brown: He looked a little...round, but he is great in coverage even with that extra weight on him. I was surprised at how adept in coverage he was.

Jaylin Marshall: That boy good right there. Arizona State is getting a baller. He is every bit of 6'3 190 too.

Tyger ****ens: He was throwing lasers all weekend, hitting guys right on the money. Hopefully Lashlee is tracking his progression.

Elijah Hopkins: The DB from Ocala looked very adept in coverage, very smooth, made plays on the ball. He's a stud.

Thumbs down

Alfonzo Allen: He was getting beat all weekend, and he is NOT 6'1 205, more like 5'10 180.

Shawn Russ: He looked like DJ Ivey out there. Got beat every time the ball was thrown in his direction. God****

Antonio Robinson Jr: Literally got burned on the first play of SFE's first game. Got burned repeatedly.

There were some other kids that were TRASHHHHHH but idk their names. I want to put them on blast so bad lol. Besides Allen the Hallandale DBs were pretty good. Anyways, I'm back in Miami. I typed most of this waiting in line at Pollo Tropical lol
The moms tho... Thumbs up or down???

Thumbs up

Thumbs down

I coached Alfonzo he isnt 5'10-180. He's likely 5'11-6'0 -185-195.
Ive said it multiple times he is a striker type that excels moving going forward..coverage and 7 on 7 IS NOT HIS GAME. Alot of the guys you hyped on offense he would or has already bodybagged or dishragged IN PADS.

Advertisement
I coached Alfonzo Allen, he isnt 5'10-180..he's more like 5'11-6'0 185-195.Ive said it multiple times on here, he is a striker type that is good moviong forward toward the ball...7 on 7 and coverage is not his game. He body bags offensive players..cant do that playing two hand touch.

Ive mentioned Julian Lewis on here a few times as a sleeper wr that wouldve break out if not for covid szn.

Good write up!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Travis Hunter is much better WR than he is at CB, I think if one of the SEC powers recruits him as a WR that may be enough to convince him to flip someone. He seems like he’s locked in to FSU right now but I’m almost certain he won’t stay committed to them once the heavy cash schools apply pressure, FSU doesn’t sign those caliber of kids anymore.

1,000% Fonzo Allen is only 5’10, it makes me lmao every time I see him listed as 6’1, I’m 6’1 & I know **** well he ain’t taller than me lol. He’s built like a tank though, he reminds me of Keontra Smith kinda, he’s downhill thumper but still has very good range & fluid hips on the backend.

Jaylin Marshall & Fonzo for that matter are not sticking with AZ St, those are just placeholder verbals, they’ll decommit in a few months. Rosegreen just has a good relationship it’s Coach Hawkins so they got the first commits lol.

DeVaughn Mortimer is a more polished Mike Harley imo, D$ has been on him from the jump & I’ve been in full agreement, he’s one of the South FL slots in this class that will excel in college, legit 10.8 100m/4.4 speed & is a crisp precise route runner. I’m not worried about the early FSU verbal, if we put Hickson on him he’s ours. It’s good Miami wasn’t his first commitment it means coming down the stretch we won’t be the team he’s stringing along. Feels good to be on the other side of that coin for once.

Brandon Innis has Odell Beckham Jr type upside, legit future 1st rounder. I wouldn’t say he’s a shoo-in for Bama, I think Clemson, OH St & Oklahoma will have just as good a shot as Bama does. Maybe Miami will too depending on how this season goes.

One of the coaches at CC (before he transferred) told me that they think Fleming is as talented as Thai Jones-Bell & that they have similar style games, which is why they moved him to WR at CC when he was originally a corner at Central. Fleming & RayRay Joseph are two speed demons in the 23 class that would legit make us arguably the fastest offensive team at WR if we could keep them both home.

Tyger is Thad Lewis 2.0, idk if he’ll get an offer from Miami, but whatever G5 he goes to he’s going to light it up.

Advertisement
Man! Man! Man! All this speed at WR in SOFL and like the DE's there is good chances the better/ones we prioritize go elsewhere. We gotta change that. They dam well should be Canes!

Also, it was CRAZY seeing 5,000 people all shout Kodak Black verse on Hit Bout It word for word. He's the best rapper alive bruh, I gotta go between him, Rod Wave & Lil Baby right now

Bulllllllsh!te. There's rappers who are ALIVE that just don't rap much anymore that destroy those ******* idiots.

Cube. T. Chuck D. Snoop. Em. Q-Tip.

Advertisement
Back