next year's schedule is cake....

Advertisement
Haven't heard this before...8 wins tops until Mario proves otherwise. There's at least 1 game he'll give away just like GT this year

Advertisement
11 wins.... Only team that should even be a tossup will be a much weaker FSU team...
FSU will be good again they have shown enough to be extremely competitive in the transfer portal and they will be extremely active again this year via the portal

Part of our mindset problems we think some teams are cake that’s the snare of complacency .
Once this enters your mindset then you always have a hint of it for every team you just don’t know it till final score of a loss you should not have had.

We seem to toil with this lately and shun in addressing it .

Again a pride thing that causes a fall every time

GOCANES

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone filled with peace, love, joy, and good health. I'm just laughing so hard because I see 5 losses. What makes you think we are going to beat Duke and GT as those programs are going to improve while we have the same coach and idealogy. We lose to Lousivlle, FSU, Gators, Duke, and GT at least. I like to be realistic and not shoot for the stars with Mario.

Advertisement
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone filled with peace, love, joy, and good health. I'm just laughing so hard because I see 5 losses. What makes you think we are going to beat Duke and GT as those programs are going to improve while we have the same coach and idealogy. We lose to Lousivlle, FSU, Gators, Duke, and GT at least. I like to be realistic and not shoot for the stars with Mario.
Depending on off-season ….9-3/9-4/10-3

Seriously legit 9 wins against that schedule if we can find us a QB. I hope Emory comes back and slings it. But this is an easy schedule. UF is bad, FSU's wonderman QB is done and they are at Hard Rock, Cal is not good, and we get VaTech at home.

Saturday
Aug. 31
Florida Football Scheduleat Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 7
Florida A&M Rattlers Football ScheduleFlorida A&M RattlersHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 14
Ball State Cardinals Football ScheduleBall State CardinalsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 21
USF Bulls Football Scheduleat USF BullsRaymond James Stadium, Tampa, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBACalifornia Football Scheduleat California Golden BearsCal Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAGeorgia Tech Football Scheduleat Georgia Tech Yellow JacketsBobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBALouisville Cardinals Football Scheduleat Louisville CardinalsL&N Stadium, Louisville, KYTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBADuke Blue Devils Football ScheduleDuke Blue DevilsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State Football ScheduleFlorida State SeminolesHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAVirginia Tech Hokies Football ScheduleVirginia Tech HokiesHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAWake Forest Demon Deacons Football ScheduleWake Forest Demon DeaconsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBASyracuse Orange Football Scheduleat Syracuse OrangeJMA Wireless Dome, Syracuse, NYTime TBA ETTV TBA
I must say, I was prepared to run you out of here until I went through the entire schedule. I agree this schedule is cake. But remember, we have Mario 😐

No bigger proponent for hiring Mario than me but 10 wins is the bar next year. 2023 was a much better team than 2022. If 2024 is much better than 2023, you gotta find a way to get to 10.

I said this year anything less than 8 was a failure. Well, we failed.

Next year the bar is raised higher. I know he’s probably here for several more years regardless but there should be a lot of hot seat talk if he doesn’t win 10 next year. Or absolute minimum 9 and that’s still not gonna make us too content. Continue to upgrade the roster, starting at QB. You put just a kid like Michael Pratt on this team and we probably win 9 games this year. Go get someone good and this team can and will follow suit.
We should hit 9. Even the bad coaches we have had since Coker have reached 9 wins by or at year 3. Below are year 3 and 4 records for Randy and Golden.

Randy: 9-4, 7-5
Golden: 9-4, 6-7
Richt: Was the outlier as he won 9 his first year and 10 his second and had no 4th year.
Manny: 8-3 (Covid year with 2 less regular season games-2nd year), 7-5 (third year).

Year 4 (or the year after the bump in wins) is typically when it falls off a cliff and they revert back to 7 or 6 wins which is why I think 2025 will be a 7-5 year especially given the schedule as it currently stands.

Advertisement
Opening at Florida with most likely a new QB in a new offense and 4 new DTs n 2 new safeties is tricky. I wouldn't be so confident

Advertisement
Seriously legit 9 wins against that schedule if we can find us a QB. I hope Emory comes back and slings it. But this is an easy schedule. UF is bad, FSU's wonderman QB is done and they are at Hard Rock, Cal is not good, and we get VaTech at home.

Saturday
Aug. 31
Florida Football Scheduleat Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 7
Florida A&M Rattlers Football ScheduleFlorida A&M RattlersHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 14
Ball State Cardinals Football ScheduleBall State CardinalsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 21
USF Bulls Football Scheduleat USF BullsRaymond James Stadium, Tampa, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBACalifornia Football Scheduleat California Golden BearsCal Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAGeorgia Tech Football Scheduleat Georgia Tech Yellow JacketsBobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBALouisville Cardinals Football Scheduleat Louisville CardinalsL&N Stadium, Louisville, KYTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBADuke Blue Devils Football ScheduleDuke Blue DevilsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State Football ScheduleFlorida State SeminolesHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAVirginia Tech Hokies Football ScheduleVirginia Tech HokiesHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAWake Forest Demon Deacons Football ScheduleWake Forest Demon DeaconsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBASyracuse Orange Football Scheduleat Syracuse OrangeJMA Wireless Dome, Syracuse, NYTime TBA ETTV TBA
I think the important thing to note here is, we don't leave Florida much at all and when we do the team goes to Cali, Georgia, Kentucky and at an indoor stadium in NY.

This game in Boston this weekend, won't be warm and outside, which is a thing.

Great. Whenever our fans underestimate our schedule, so do our players. 8 wins tops.

Advertisement
Back