next year's schedule is cake....

No bigger proponent for hiring Mario than me but 10 wins is the bar next year. 2023 was a much better team than 2022. If 2024 is much better than 2023, you gotta find a way to get to 10.

I said this year anything less than 8 was a failure. Well, we failed.

Next year the bar is raised higher. I know he’s probably here for several more years regardless but there should be a lot of hot seat talk if he doesn’t win 10 next year. Or absolute minimum 9 and that’s still not gonna make us too content. Continue to upgrade the roster, starting at QB. You put just a kid like Michael Pratt on this team and we probably win 9 games this year. Go get someone good and this team can and will follow suit.
We haven’t failed at the 8 win thing…still can be accomplished. Two more games left and we can absolutely get it done.

Advertisement
I’m done with what we SHOULD do. All I’m committing to at this point is attending the UM/UF game and hoping for a W.
We lose that one next year, and Mario’s seat should officially start getting a tad bit warm. No excuses there, but it’s a long way out.

Advertisement

2025 Miami (FL) Football Schedule​

Saturday
Sep. 13
USF Bulls Football ScheduleUSF Bulls Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 20
Florida Football ScheduleFlorida Gators Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANotre Dame Fighting Irish Football ScheduleNotre Dame Fighting Irish Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State Football Scheduleat Florida State Seminoles Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBALouisville Cardinals Football ScheduleLouisville Cardinals Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANC State Wolfpack Football ScheduleNC State Wolfpack Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAStanford Cardinal Football ScheduleStanford Cardinal Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBASyracuse Orange Football ScheduleSyracuse Orange Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAPitt Panthers Football Scheduleat Pitt Panthers Acrisure Stadium, Pittsburgh, PATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBASMU Football Scheduleat SMU Mustangs Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TXTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAVirginia Tech Hokies Football Scheduleat Virginia Tech Hokies Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VATime TBA ETTV TBA

We play our 4 biggest rivals. Can you imagine going 1-3 or 2-2 against them?
If we only win 4 games next year but it’s those games I’ll be fine with that

SmartSelect_20231122_154115_Video Player.gif

Locked wins: FAMU, Ball State
90% or better wins: USF
75% chance or better wins: GT, Wake, Syracuse, VT, Cal
50/50: UF, Duke, Louisville
Lower than 50% or TBD: FSU

I'll caveat that by saying:
-Traveling to Cal or west coast in general isn't easy for a team that has never had to do that. What game is before and after Cal? Might present issues for those as well.
-Syracuse isn't an easy place to play
-You just saw what Louisville can do to us.
-I'll wait and see what FSU and UF do in the portal. FSU is old and losing a lot but can reload. UF is very young and has pieces that could surprise us.
-We also have tons of holes that have to be filled via portal - likely including QB which could completely throw a wrench in those % if we don't hit decent there
Yeah man.

Schedule make up after the first 4 games has a lot to do with the outcome.

Advertisement
A competent coach would go 12-0, 11-1 with that weak *** schedule. Current Miami HC will be lucky to go 8-4…here’s to 2026!!

Advertisement
This was an easy schedule in 2001. Nothing is guaranteed in 2024. Some of you haven’t been watching the last 20 seasons. We’re no longer a program that strikes fear or believes we’re invincible.

I'd like to know how many of you are betting your car and dwelling on these 9 and 10 win totals for next year.

The roster isn't better in '24.

7-5, and only because the schedule is abysmal. Otherwise, it'd be a ****** 6-6 team.
You're just as bad as OP. We don't know what the 2024 roster will look like.

Let's wait until after Spring ball or at least until NSD and the transfer portal closes. We don't even know who our QB will be. Nobody should be making predictions.

Advertisement
You're just as bad as OP. We don't know what the 2024 roster will look like.

Let's wait until after Spring ball or at least until NSD and the transfer portal closes. We don't even know who our QB will be. Nobody should be making predictions.
Thanks.

Locked wins: FAMU, Ball State
90% or better wins: USF
75% chance or better wins: GT, Wake, Syracuse, VT, Cal
50/50: UF, Duke, Louisville
Lower than 50% or TBD: FSU

I'll caveat that by saying:
-Traveling to Cal or west coast in general isn't easy for a team that has never had to do that. What game is before and after Cal? Might present issues for those as well.
-Syracuse isn't an easy place to play
-You just saw what Louisville can do to us.
-I'll wait and see what FSU and UF do in the portal. FSU is old and losing a lot but can reload. UF is very young and has pieces that could surprise us.
-We also have tons of holes that have to be filled via portal - likely including QB which could completely throw a wrench in those % if we don't hit decent there
MTSU says Ball State is not locked in.

This thread read exactly how I figured it would before clicking; with friends like this - who needs enemies. You petulant ******** deserve the worse... and nothing more.

Barring a Caleb Williams type qb portal transfer I guarantee Vegas has us at 8 wins. Best of luck Easy schedule canes fans. Caveman is here

Advertisement
Back