Next year will be no better

Bring us a real coach and we’re fine. Imagine bringing in a Muschamp as our defensive coordinator for example. There would be overnight improvement

Advertisement
We're going to be absolutely terrible next year. The following year, likely even worse. You can't just skip a recruiting class. I also expect the portal to be brutal to us.

What changes next year if he's back? He'll still be DC and we have no incoming game changers coming on defense.

Rinse and repeat.

Even if we have a new coach, even if it’s Cristobal....the amount of disruption that will be caused....the likely elimination of this years recruiting class (we really need those three CBS just to have bodies)...the potential transfers of our most talented players....we could find ourselves in the same situation that Norvell entered. This could take two or three years just to get the program back to this level.

This was such a dispiriting loss.
Oh baloney. You think you are keeping this class? This staff is beyond incompetent. There is a nucleus of good players who are poorly coached. You can overcome in the portal and target the next class. This program needs a competent head coach and a budget to support him.

You think kids are staying for Diaz? Oh please.

LOL @ Miami having anything resembling a 61st ranked recruiting class even if they hire Cristobal in January.

Cristobal's fame alone in South Florida will give Miami a top 30 class this year regardless the date of his hire.

That dude, can flat out recruit anywhere.

Cristobal will bring over a bunch of Duck transfers with him. Plug and play

Advertisement
If a competent ad/coach come in Miami will kick *** next year. You get someone to keep who is already committed, try to keep T-ROB specifically (if you don't like him you're an idiot), close with good players during the late signing class if possible but don't reach, fill the rest with the portal. The portal will have way more to choose from than normal and the new coach will probably want a bunch of players form there anyway (o-line, linebackers, corners, etc.) so i don't think this is a bad situation at all.

Team is loaded with talent across the board even though half of team don’t even see the field. Get himself some lbs, corners, and de’s out the portal. Kick Mannys buddies off the team and start the more talented players and he will be good.

Elimination of what recruiting class? We’re ranked 58 or some shlt. If anything, that’s the best time because we have no recruits to lose essentially.

Im not so sure. OP. There's a lot of talent on this squad. We're a good hire and a decent class that meets certain critical needs away from being something good.

Advertisement
In the end, I see a huge silver lining. Not only is this the end of Diaz and James, but it likely earns Norvell at least two years. I am happy to see him stay at FSU forever. Any UM team with a competent HC would have blown the FSU team we just saw off the field.

Team is loaded with talent across the board even though half of team don’t even see the field. Get himself some lbs, corners, and de’s out the portal. Kick Mannys buddies off the team and start the more talented players and he will be good.
You just said, on the one hand, that the team is loaded across the board and then, on the other, that we need to basically find an entire defense in the portal. We are not loaded.

Manny has been talking like he’s the smartest man in the room with some sort of clairvoyant vision of what the team needs. The fact remains he doesn’t even know his own weakness. His own weakness was defensive scheme which I even grew to like at the beginning and I was wrong about it despite people who know way more about football than me correcting everyone about how weak it was. Now he started year three and wasn’t even able to recognize the weakness this team was lacking. No cornerback no linebacker and no defensive end. A good coach knows exactly where his team needs help. Elite Defensive end and Linebacker would’ve changed the composition of this defense tremendously and even would’ve hidden some of his weaknesses.
Instead just more diarrhea

Advertisement
Nah we have a potential top 10 QB in TVD. With that you are always be competitive in the ACC corstal. Portal in 10-15 players, assume 50% are busts but the rest are solid or good and we have a squad.

Advertisement
Michigan St is in contention and beat us badly with basically an entire roster of transfers. College football is different now

Even if we have a new coach, even if it’s Cristobal....the amount of disruption that will be caused....the likely elimination of this years recruiting class (we really need those three CBS just to have bodies)...the potential transfers of our most talented players....we could find ourselves in the same situation that Norvell entered. This could take two or three years just to get the program back to this level.

This was such a dispiriting loss.
Had this exact conversation with someone today.

The roster will continue to be highly uneven, and given this recruiting class, there will be no depth.

The only way to address this is to have a new head man in place as early as possible, in order to retain players and hit the portal like a nuclear bomb.

Our defense is horrendous mainly because we have terrible players and no depth. Yes, Manny is a disgrace of a coach. But the idea we have talent on that side of the ball is laughable. IMO, you can't fill that void over two years with the portal after whiffing completely on a recruiting class. We'll have to hope we can grab a solid OL or two out of the portal and out shoot teams next year.

2 or 3 years to get the program back to what level exactly, you fool? 5-5 we stink bud. “Build back better” right??????
No, my friend. We’re 5-5 now. What I am saying is that the fallout of this change - in the transfer portal era - this loss could drive Miami down into the 2 to 4 win range in 2022-2023. It might be 2024 before the new regime gets the Canes back to .500 after ten games.

That’s the worst case scenario coming out of this loss. Hopefully not.

Advertisement
Back