Next year pre-season ranking of UM and effect of Mark Richt

we don't deserve to be ranked, we must earn it and our first priority should be winning back the state of florida by beating Free Sucking University, and then winning the coastal division.

Advertisement
I don't give a ******* about where we're ranked before the season, but if we don't win the Coastal and 10 next year, then it's a massive fail.

I don't want to hear all this sissy talk about culture change and rebuilding. Coaches got the next 8 months to fix whatever needs fixing with the culture.

You're cashing big man checks and hiring top shelf assistants. You need to win that **** division.

Advertisement
I don't give a ******* about where we're ranked before the season, but if we don't win the Coastal and 10 next year, then it's a massive fail.

I don't want to hear all this sissy talk about culture change and rebuilding. Coaches got the next 8 months to fix whatever needs fixing with the culture.

You're cashing big man checks and hiring top shelf assistants. You need to win that **** division.

This.

Pre season rankings are the dumbest things out there and SHOULDNT exist. A pre season ranking is supposedly based off a multitude of things like end of season performance but the sec west went 2-5 in bowl performance then next year returns with 11-15 teams ranked pre season. They say returning players play a factor but they put out draft picks like no other and still get rankings. There's no basis other than media and ratings. Don't believe me? Look at the last two rankings for the CFB playoff. A school with no conference ship jumped a team who played for one. The human element of the media and committee has made this about moola, chips, stacks, green backs MONEY. THATS IT. The pre season is determined by media and who THEY want to be in off of ratings.

Advertisement
Agree with everyone stating that the preseason polls are junk and shouldn't even exist. The sooner they disappear and we move to an 8 team Playoff the sooner college football actually can claim some semblance of an even playing field.

With all due respect, what has ANY team done in 2016 to deserve to be ranked ANYWHERE? This is why preseason polls are absolute junk.
We have done nothing to deserve to be ranked next year.

Fair point. However, it should be noted that preseason polls are determined by a "respect factor". We have been irrelevant in college football since the Peach Bowl in 2004, and we have done nothing since then to give pollsters the benefit of the doubt that we are on the cusp of a breakout year. Firing Golden and Hiring Richt were crucial to us turning the corner, but we have yet to prove it.

We could be ranked around 23-25 but I highly doubt that will happen. More likely to see also receiving votes. Just win and it will take care of itself.

Advertisement
My prediction for next season: ppl on this site have way too high of expectations after year 1. We don't win the ACC, slim chance of winning the Coastal.
I think Richt has a harder task undoing all of Goldens trash than we realize. He beefed everyone the **** up and taught then a *****y mentality. And every year they quit after they get eliminated from the ACC championship. Richt has to change everything about this team.
And yes I get Harbaugh did it, but that was extremely unlikely, Harbaugh is just an amazing coach, probably the best in the entire NCAA.

I agree 100% the stench that Alf left must be vented out and it will take time though im not going to give him 4 yrs to do it like Alf

I'm guessing we start just outside the top 25. Which is fine, this season we provided no reason to be considered a top team moving forward to next year. Bottom line earn it on the field.

Advertisement
Could care less where we're ranked in preseason, I just want us to be ranked at the end of the year. Mark has to completely change the culture that these kids were brought up in.

Caneswag is dead on. We still haven't got a signature win. Besides, it's going to take Richt and staff
a minimum of 2 yrs to get HIS system installed. Will they be better next yr ? Who knows.

Advertisement
Back