Next week UNC will be a much harder game...

Advertisement
Dummy GIF by memecandy
Looks like my works upper management making a decision if we need to make another pot of coffee

Advertisement
Geez , tough crowd.....

Of course I am a canes fan, not a doomer....
See, that's the problem with mopes. They spoil it for rational people like you who just keep things in perspective and want to have a real discussion.

The good thing about UNC is their defense is no match for our offense, but our defense can easily take it to them. They are not a well rounded team.

Have they announced the game time yet? If we are bringing out the black uniforms, this has got to be prime time right? No way they would wear those in the sun

Advertisement
True, but we can beat them too. We owe them too. I hope our guys are already in the film room this morning. They present some challenges but nothing we can't handle. AND we got em at home? This is a supreme opportunity.

See, that's the problem with mopes. They spoil it for rational people like you who just keep things in perspective and want to have a real discussion.

The good thing about UNC is their defense is no match for our offense, but our defense can easily take it to them. They are not a well rounded team.
Our defense - safeties, in particular - weren’t tested at all yesterday. Chase Brice couldn’t throw it downfield, which played right to our guys strengths. They didn’t have to play in space. They got to come downhill and thump, against lesser athletes that couldn’t make them miss.

I’m not taking away from yesterday’s performance. It was Carter’s best game as a Cane IMO. All 3 safeties played well. But UNC has plus athletes at WR and RB, paired with a QB that will start on Sunday’s. Totally different animal. My point is, I don’t necessarily think our defense took a step forward yesterday. I think Duke was just that bad.

Glad we had this game with Dook to get the rust out, we looked very good...

But.....UNC will be a much harder game, and Howell had a great game yesterday.

We better make the transition from the scrimmage against Dook, to be ready to play a good team.
They have talented passing game, and will bring it against King

Let's go.....

Vampires-Kiss-Nicolas-Cage.jpg

Advertisement
Our defense - safeties, in particular - weren’t tested at all yesterday. Chase Brice couldn’t throw it downfield, which played right to our guys strengths. They didn’t have to play in space. They got to come downhill and thump, against lesser athletes that couldn’t make them miss.

I’m not taking away from yesterday’s performance. It was Carter’s best game as a Cane IMO. All 3 safeties played well. But UNC has plus athletes at WR and RB, paired with a QB that will start on Sunday’s. Totally different animal. My point is, I don’t necessarily think our defense took a step forward yesterday. I think Duke was just that bad.
Which is pretty much what OP is saying. Don't let our performance against Duke lull you into thinking UNC will be a cakewalk.

We're not to the point where we can drop a game and have all the talking heads say they just weren't paying attention. They'll say we suck and all our victories were flukes.

Advertisement
We will be fighting on two fronts.... against UNC and against the shady #ACCRefs that will do everything in their power to give UNC the game.
What we did against Duke was great... but that's history now...

I’m calling a blowout for us. I think we play our best game of the year vs UNC.

Advertisement
Back