Next Season...Texas A&M

Saturday Sept 17th 2022
At College Station

Need a new HC and staff to win this game.

We don't need another Alabama in 2022 and the coachspeak excuses to follow ....
My guy Haynes King should be full go but I will go against my Mater for an upset victory for us Cane's. We should be explosive with a healthy backfield with rooster as our slot/flex.

Advertisement
You wanna know why TAMU is 8-4 this year?

Because despite all their talent, they don’t have the two most important things, a good QB & a Good OC.

They still play that old antiquated Jumbo ball with Darrell ****ey, it’s the same system he ran way back when he was at LSU in the early 00’s. It’s all about running the ball & working the TE down the seams, that’s it.

He got a roster full of 5-star WR’s & none of them even get any targets, all the targets go the RB’s out of the backfield & the TE’s. It’s a very simplistic variation of the West coast offense, but it’s just a classic ball control style scheme that’s designed to eat the clock & protect your defense.

Lane & Lebby schemed up 504 yards of total offense vs TAMU’s vaunted Defense & Matt Corral only threw for 247 that game. Ole Miss has a better RB stable than us, but our WR’s this season were on equal footing with theirs.

TAMU is not a SEC juggernaut like UGA, they’re a very beatable team if you have the offensive firepower to spread the field on them & force them to keep up score for score with you.

But if you play pound the rock, clock control offense you’ll play right not their hands.

LSU just beat them tonight by throwing the ball on them, Mediocre Lefty Max Johnson was slinging it all over the field on them & threw for over 300yds & 3TD’s, what you think TVD would do with Lane & Lebby vs this Defense?
How is it that Jimbo hasn't gotten a QB or OC? Surprising af cause he's usually good on that side and also landing qbs.

Because despite all their talent, they don’t have the two most important things, a good QB & a Good OC.

They still play that old antiquated Jumbo ball with Darrell ****ey, it’s the same system he ran way back when he was at LSU in the early 00’s. It’s all about running the ball & working the TE down the seams, that’s it.

He got a roster full of 5-star WR’s & none of them even get any targets, all the targets go the RB’s out of the backfield & the TE’s. It’s a very simplistic variation of the West coast offense, but it’s just a classic ball control style scheme that’s designed to eat the clock & protect your defense.

Lane & Lebby schemed up 504 yards of total offense vs TAMU’s vaunted Defense & Matt Corral only threw for 247 that game. Ole Miss has a better RB stable than us, but our WR’s this season were on equal footing with theirs.

TAMU is not a SEC juggernaut like UGA, they’re a very beatable team if you have the offensive firepower to spread the field on them & force them to keep up score for score with you.

But if you play pound the rock, clock control offense you’ll play right not their hands.

LSU just beat them tonight by throwing the ball on them, Mediocre Lefty Max Johnson was slinging it all over the field on them & threw for over 300yds & 3TD’s, what you think TVD would do with Lane & Lebby vs this Defense?
I agree about there secondary but Calzado was never in Haynes Orbit

Oh, I’m sorry frend. I must have misremembered the results Miami has had inn those games. I could’ve swore Alabama, Florida, and LSU kicked Miami’s *** and each time the team struggled to recover from the *** kicking.
If the big East still exists, would you want to go back

But if you play pound the rock, clock control offense you’ll play right into their hands.

If you want to fall asleep watch a Jimbo led offense

He’s suppose to be an offensive savant but he’s stuck somewhere in the mid 2000s with Dan Enos

Advertisement
How is it that Jimbo hasn't gotten a QB or OC? Surprising af cause he's usually good on that side and also landing qbs.
Jumbo has a former 4-star QB Haynes King, but he was a TF this season & Jumbo don’t really like playing young QB’s.

He still calls the plays so his OC is really just there for window dressing lol

But his system isn’t that attractive anymore to the new age QB’s because it’s not a big air style offense, it’s all about checkdowns & TE seam routes, it’s that sh*t he learned under Terry Bowden & Rodney Allison at Auburn back in the 90’s.

But if you play pound the rock, clock control offense you’ll play right into their hands.

Great post as usual, LCE. I agree.

If we get Lane and Lebby, look out. I also think that we beat them with these guys as our HC and OC.

Mario ball would play right into their hands, and so would Stoops brand of ball. With a QB like TVD and our offensive weapons, we need a HC/OC combo that will not restrain him/them or cause him/them to regress.

In my opinion, Tom Herman would also do a great job with TVD and our offensive stable of playmakers.

The more I’ve watched Oregon this season, the less impressed that I’ve been. Reminds me of current Miami, but with a better OL and defense. Very mediocre QB play, and their WR’s are definitely not better than ours.

Very undisciplined team, just like our Canes, and so is Ole Miss. But Ole Miss has such a high powered offense that they can overcome their mistakes, Oregon doesn’t have that luxury.

Nah, we beat TAMU next year with Lane & Jeff Lebby with our offense.

We have better weapons than Ole Miss & they handled TAMU easily this year.

But I’m almost certain we lose that game next year with the other choices at HC.
Yeah. We lose with anybody we’re discussing outside of lane.

Advertisement

Yup. His offenses historically underperform going all the way to those stacked lsu teams of the mid 00s. They were running in quicksand with all that talent. This is no surprise. Jimbo is who he is - a crooter corch.

Eventually, the 3-4 loss seasons will catch up to him.

Advertisement
Did I miss when TAMU became Alabama? ***** made posters, but swear they tough.. TAMU is a 4 loss team this year, they can be beaten next year, especially with TVD and competent coaching.
They had some good classes since Jimbo got there

Advertisement

Yep, Jimbo at A&M ranks in the 100s in explosive plays his entire tenure there. Can’t win modern day CFB if you can’t hit explosive plays. Oh and he just got a big extension and he is one of the most stubborn coaches so good luck getting him to change his system.

Probably won’t win this game regardless but those of us that have the chance to go should if we have new leadership. Nothing against those that will go even with Manny remaining at the helm. I won’t make that financial commitment. But if we bring in Lane or Mario I will do my part and support. Plus, I like doing CFB tourism and Kyle Field is on the shortlist of venues to check out.

They had some good classes since Jimbo got there
They still lost 4 games this year, including to an LSU team that fired their coach. Recruiting ranking don't mean a **** thing if the talent underachieves. Texas is a good example of that. Miami, with competent coaching and good roster management this offseason should be able to compete with TAMU. TAMU isn't Alabama or Georgia.

They still lost 4 games this year, including to an LSU team that fired their coach. Recruiting ranking don't mean a **** thing if the talent underachieves. Texas is a good example of that. Miami, with competent coaching and good roster management this offseason should be able to compete with TAMU. TAMU isn't Alabama or Georgia.
Yea we should be able to score alot, we need some help up front on OL and DL badly.

Advertisement
Back