Next possible commits

View as article
Advertisement
Just a small nugget, Jackson Carver is about to be playing in his All Star game at DE. At 6'6 220lbs with another year of football no telling how big he will be after his first year in a college weight program. The versatility and athleticism stands out of someone who could potentially play a different position at the next level. Eric Winston and Warren Sapp just to make a couple who was recruited/played TE and later switched positions.
Tight end

Snl Tell GIF
Bumping to @LeedsCane -this may have already been discussed and I missed it, but are there others besides Ruiz that are contributing in a meaningful way for NIL?

Advertisement
Not Leeds. But duh
Again, I may have missed it, but I have heard nothing of a Miami collective outside of Ruiz (and that is not a collective). Maybe these others are not a collective either and are taking an approach that is much quieter than Ruiz (which would be smart IMO), but I don't think it is a 'duh' comment since you do hear a lot about other top schools' collectives. Either way, it is good to know that we are not solely dependent on Ruiz.

If our 2023 class is ranked in the top 10, I will be ecstatic. I know many expected top 5 classes out of the gate but as good as Mario is recruiting, that was never realistic. Mario and staff have a foundation to build in addition to cleaning up the mess in repairing damaged relationships thanks to the previous staph.
23 class will be anywhere between 8-14. If we win 10+ games/Coastal/maybe the ACC, the class will be between 4-8. Mark it down.

Advertisement
Again, I may have missed it, but I have heard nothing of a Miami collective outside of Ruiz (and that is not a collective). Maybe these others are not a collective either and are taking an approach that is much quieter than Ruiz (which would be smart IMO), but I don't think it is a 'duh' comment since you do hear a lot about other top schools' collectives. Either way, it is good to know that we are not solely dependent on Ruiz.

Just search NIL Tyler Van Dyke and see all the deals he has now

Just search NIL Tyler Van Dyke and see all the deals he has now
There is a difference between a proven Heisman candidate signing deals and collectives who are giving recruits NIL deals worth (in some cases) millions of dollars. Also, I am not able to find much on what he is making besides some relatively small deals ($50K from Ruiz, a free car, etc).

“Five-star quarterbacks: They’re getting $2 million a year. The next-most sought after players are D-linemen, edge rushers; they’re getting seven figures. The next is a stud offensive lineman with quick feet — they’re in the high six figures. Everyone else is a hodgepodge, but in the six-figure range.”

Ruiz has said publicly that he will spend up to $10M (and is supporting sports other than football), collectives such as the Tenn one have said their goal is ~$25M a year and Ohio State's coach has said he expects that they need $13M a year just to keep the team (and a lot of people think that is probably low).

If we have others that are putting up real money, great I am very happy about that and glad we are keeping up, I just hadn't heard anything outside of Ruiz who on his own isn't likely to keep up with what other schools are willing to spend.

There is a difference between a proven Heisman candidate signing deals and collectives who are giving recruits NIL deals worth (in some cases) millions of dollars. Also, I am not able to find much on what he is making besides some relatively small deals ($50K from Ruiz, a free car, etc).

“Five-star quarterbacks: They’re getting $2 million a year. The next-most sought after players are D-linemen, edge rushers; they’re getting seven figures. The next is a stud offensive lineman with quick feet — they’re in the high six figures. Everyone else is a hodgepodge, but in the six-figure range.”

Ruiz has said publicly that he will spend up to $10M (and is supporting sports other than football), collectives such as the Tenn one have said their goal is ~$25M a year and Ohio State's coach has said he expects that they need $13M a year just to keep the team (and a lot of people think that is probably low).

If we have others that are putting up real money, great I am very happy about that and glad we are keeping up, I just hadn't heard anything outside of Ruiz who on his own isn't likely to keep up with what other schools are willing to spend.

Get what you are saying but a BMW 750 for this year is nice deal for him

I recall owner of some MMA gym does NIL for every player and owner of some chicken fast food chain said he would

It's just seems Ruiz is only one since he markets he deals on Twitter

Advertisement
Get what you are saying but a BMW 750 for this year is nice deal for him

I recall owner of some MMA gym does NIL for every player and owner of some chicken fast food chain said he would

It's just seems Ruiz is only one since he markets he deals on Twitter
The MMA guy did $500 a month to each player if I recall correctly and yes, it is great that the players are getting that and that someone like TVD is getting a ~$100K car, but it's all small potatoes compared to the money being thrown around by other schools to recruits.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some other Miami boosters stepping up on NIL and are just keeping it quiet; it was just the first I had seen it (potentially) alluded to.

The MMA guy did $500 a month to each player if I recall correctly and yes, it is great that the players are getting that and that someone like TVD is getting a ~$100K car, but it's all small potatoes compared to the money being thrown around by other schools to recruits.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some other Miami boosters stepping up on NIL and are just keeping it quiet; it was just the first I had seen it (potentially) alluded to.

I'd prefer our additional boosters to operate in the shadows. Believe it works out better that way. Been the best method for the under the table SEC for years.

TVD has signed 20 plus NIL deals worth high six figures. Drew Rosenhaus is his agent

Advertisement

I can’t remember who the player was but there was a post the other day about one of our players who has signed a **** ton of NIL deals.

It’s also been discussed numerous times before about how Ruiz isn’t the only show in town, just the most visible.

We seem to be struggling to land LB and OL

Can’t be losing out on these NIL’s
ESD isn't for another 6 months. Still tons of players on the board uncommitted.

I don't think we can realistically make a comment like this until closer to that point. Otherwise you're also saying that Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and LSU are all still struggling as well considering they're ranked in the 30s and 40s.

ESD isn't for another 6 months. Still tons of players on the board uncommitted.

I don't think we can realistically make a comment like this until closer to that point. Otherwise you're also saying that Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and LSU are all still struggling as well considering they're ranked in the 30s and 40s.
I would say after July we can reassess - think we land some big time studs between now and then. Of course, plenty of high-caliber recruits will decide closer to NSD, and a multitude of these early commits around the country will be on flip watch all year long.

Still, it would be nice to snag some big-time guys to get the momentum churning. I think it starts with Rashada on the 26th 🙏. And while Emory is a fine QB, I would bet a fair amount of these o-linemen would love to block for a Top-3 QB in the nation (if Rashada does indeed commit to the good guys).

Advertisement
Back