Next possible commits

View as article

bradtejeda

Freshman
Premium
Although we just had 3 commits in the last few days, us fans are ready for the next one! These are my next possible recruits on commit watch next (in no order).

Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph- Miami Edison very own who was once committed to Clemson is getting interesting quickly. Louisville and Miami are the teams to beat and with obvious reasons. Louisville is making a very strong push for him and others that they have already landed such as Ruben Owens. Can he be next? I like Miami chances as long as he arrives to Coral Gables this weekend un-committed. Josh Gattis has made it clear he wants wide receivers who can take the top off and be utilized in space. Ray Ray is at the top of the list along with guys like Innis, Jean and Brown. Look for things to heat up this weekend at Legends Camp.

Jaxon Howard- is being recruited as DE for Miami although listed as TE on some sites. Miami is in his top 4 along with Michigan, Minnesota and LSU for good reasons. Mario and staff have made quite the impression on him and his family which is why I believe as of now Miami is the team to beat. Michigan is also a team to watch for the Minnesota native who commits July 1st.

Christopher Johnson Jr- 100/200m state champ has been getting offers and noticed by some of the bigger programs lately but it's Miami who started it all. The relationship the staff has built along with making Johnson Jr feel like a top priority has me feeling very confident in the Canes. Although no commitment date hasn't been set I think Miami turns up the heat on getting him in this class with a top target like Cedric Baxter possibly going elsewhere. Mark Fletcher a current Ohio St commit is another name to watch late in the recruiting process.

Andy Jean- the Miami Northwestern superstar who was once committed to the Canes in January seems to have added another spark in his recruitment with Miami. Jean made his way on to campus almost 2 weeks ago and felt reassured that Coach Gattis is that guy to take him to the next level. Georgia and Alabama are teams to watch but as of right now Miami seems to be in a really good spot for another SFL receiver.

Ruben Bain- Canes legacy and related to both Tolbert Bain and Reginald Bain has been a recruit Miami seems to feel one of the most confident in and for good reasons. Although other teams are trying to make a push for Bain, crystal balls continue to come for the Canes. I would compare this recruitment similar to Wesley Bissainte last cycle of someone who we felt from the beginning would be a Cane.

Jaden Rashada- where do we begin for the highly talented QB out of California. Rashada who pushed back his commitment date after visiting UF is now scheduled to begin his OV to Miami as early as today. Staff has been continuing to build on that relationship with not only him but Dante Moore as well, even with recent commit Emory Williams who most believe will be redshirting his first year. That leaves you potentially only 2 QBs on scholarship next season. Will the Miami Immortals QB jump on board before his commitment date this Saturday? The 48-72 hours will be very telling with SEC schools like UF, Texas A&M and Ole Miss making a push. We obviously would love to have the talent that Rashada brings to the table but the staff already feels great with the QB room after adding Emory but will take another if Rashada/Moore want in. I will say Emory making his commitment public before Rashada visiting will tell me a lot with how Rashada's camp moves this week. We know these other 2 QB targets will come with a price tag (NIL) but with John Ruiz and others I don't think Miami is too concerned.

Riley Williams- the Oregon native who just finished his OV to Miami this past weekend has some smoke to it. Miami with 2 current TEs currently committed in this class you would think it's a LONG SHOT for another well..... Riley Williams and his family have been blown away with Miami and have always had a soft spot for the Canes. Riley was a recruit who wanted to be a Cane last cycle but staff didn't make him a priority. Coach Cristobal and the staff seem like they have a realistic shot at Riley and others in his camp have made me believe Miami is in it. This is my current dark horse to watch out for who has already been to Miami twice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
with a top target like Cedric Baxter possibly going elsewhere
imperfect isn't ideal GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Riley Williams- ..... Riley was a recruit who wanted to be a Cane last cycle but staff didn't make him a priority.
Wait, what? First I'm hearing of this. Riley wanted to be a Cane but Manny deprioritized/ignored him? More info please @bradtejeda ? I'm assuming Mario has been able to clean up the mess an repair the damage?

Color coded spreadsheets were consistent with the Manny pre game over-analysis , in-game paralysis era.

We all fell for it at one time. Hey, I fell
for the FSU clinic crash when we reserved a room and starting tossing beers out to HS coaches. 🤦‍♂️

If these hold true, you’d think we’d have Rashada, Ray Ray and Howard in the boat by July 1.

That would give us some serious mojo during the dead period when many other kids will be making decisions.

Advertisement
If we lose out on Baxter and only sign Chris Johnson at RB, I would be extremely disappointed in Kevin Smith. I believe Leeds alluded to Baxter being one of those guys as a silent and was just playing the game...not clowning her at all, but man silents gonna silent (if his interest elsewhere is legit).

Have to land Ray-Ray, no excuses on that one. Really love to hear about Riley because he's the best of the three potential TE's imo. Jaxon coming would be huge too.

If we lose out on Baxter and only sign Chris Johnson at RB, I would be extremely disappointed in Kevin Smith. I believe Leeds alluded to Baxter being one of those guys as a silent and was just playing the game...not clowning her at all, but man silents gonna silent (if his interest elsewhere is legit).

Have to land Ray-Ray, no excuses on that one. Really love to hear about Riley because he's the best of the three potential TE's imo. Jaxon coming would be huge too.
too funny on the no-excuses comment... it will NEVER be a matter of effort with this staff.

Advertisement

Nothing that Baxter is going shows he is a silent. Dude has been in Gainesville and other top schools a lot recently. Zero talk of Miami with him. I trust the staff and our depth chart is Deep so we will see how RB shakes out. Gattis is going to showcase the RB position look at what he did at Michigan

too funny on the no-excuses comment... it will NEVER be a matter of effort with this staff.
No excuses doesn't mean it's the staffs fault. If we're as big of a player in NIL as we are perceived to be, then we shouldn't let the boosters off the hook for failing to financially compete with an uber-talented WR in our backyard, when we're already going to miss on Inniss and Hykeem.

What if we get all 3 TE and one turns into a DE AKA Warren Sapp., as he was a TE that turn into a HOF DT/DE

Advertisement
Back