Next possible commits

View as article
Advertisement
😂😂😂 close!!! I said Riley Williams is my dark horse after things I've heard. He is now making his commitment July 1st!

I appreciate your input and your post Brad. Like seeing additional information on guys we're after. However, it seems like you've got some bad juju when it comes to predictions. Might want to steer clear of those.

Advertisement
everyone GIF

spank carls jr GIF

have we ever taken 3 TE's??? seems crazy.. I know Gattis goes to the TE's a lot, but seems crazy to take 3 TE's.

Imagine first down on the 20, and we have three tall tight ends on the field at the same time . . . I'd bet a fine cup of coffee that defense - doesn't have three defenders likewise tall and long . . . and with our quarterback?

Advertisement
If we lose out on Baxter and only sign Chris Johnson at RB, I would be extremely disappointed in Kevin Smith. I believe Leeds alluded to Baxter being one of those guys as a silent and was just playing the game...not clowning her at all, but man silents gonna silent (if his interest elsewhere is legit).

Have to land Ray-Ray, no excuses on that one. Really love to hear about Riley because he's the best of the three potential TE's imo. Jaxon coming would be huge too.
If no Baxter there will be other names. No one was talking about Citizen this time last year or even immediately after Mario was hired..

Kind of agree with this. He may indeed have been a strong lean/silent at one point or another - for sure. But, I think things have changed with him and if you connect the dots and look at where he's been, I think it's pretty clear that we don't have as strong of a hold on him as we had before. Plus, CJ2 recruiting is really heating up.

Knowing Mario and how he loves to have lots of contingency plans, I do wonder if he's circling back to Fletcher in this process.

Carver and Reid are a similar physical makeup and Williams is that real athletic type. So, while it is 3 in number, they have different skillsets. I know some have justified taking 3 (after Mallory, it's pretty much just a 2 TE room - Arroyo and Skinner). My sense is that coaches aren't super blown away by DM or Brantley which is a bit odd b/c I thought Brantley can play. Maybe he's just not that 6-5+/240 kind of kid and more like a HB build rather than a true TE.
I don't think that's correct on Brantley.. Everything I've heard is that he's definitely in the plans.

Advertisement
If we can’t land 1 of the top 3 RBs in Florida this year (Young, Baxter, Fletcher), that would be a huge disappointment
True. But, Johnson Jr. would significantly soften the blow. Modern football about homerun hitters and with the exception of Derrick Henry, the top backs, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara and Josh Jacobs all with close measurements to where Johnson Jr. will be. Probably none as fast as him. I'd be more disappointed if we didn't land Ray Ray, Brown, (missing somebody) and or Hykeem, Fowles. We doing better and things getting better.

I don't think that's correct on Brantley.. Everything I've heard is that he's definitely in the plans.

Not surprising. I think he's a player. If he's a player, I'm not sure I follow the 3 TE approach, even if DM is a bust. I guess there's a reason they're not paying me $8-9M per year.

That's 2 different situation, Sapp was recruit as TE and enrolled then switch to DT/DE.
1. Jaxon plays TE in HS but we are recruiting him as DE
2. Riley, Reid, Jackson all Play TE in HS, but since Jackson Carver is so Athletic that maybe it will be a similar situation like Sapp, not saying he will turn out like Sapp, I wish he would though.

So we get all 3 TE and see what happens after they are in our system. Just saying.
and don't forget
couple of our more successful OTs in the past few decades were Winston and Fox
both started at UM as TEs
some kids can carry added weight better than others, while keeping the foot work

Advertisement
Not surprising. I think he's a player. If he's a player, I'm not sure I follow the 3 TE approach, even if DM is a bust. I guess there's a reason they're not paying me $8-9M per year.

and don't forget
couple of our more successful OTs in the past few decades were Winston and Fox
both started at UM as TEs
some kids can carry added weight better than others, while keeping the foot work
True but I don't think any of the current targets/committs project as future tackles.

Color coded spreadsheets were consistent with the Manny pre game over-analysis , in-game paralysis era.

We all fell for it at one time. Hey, I fell
for the FSU clinic crash when we reserved a room and starting tossing beers out to HS coaches. 🤦‍♂️

If these hold true, you’d think we’d have Rashada, Ray Ray and Howard in the boat by July 1.

That would give us some serious mojo during the dead period when many other kids will be making decisions.
LOL on CMD comment good call

Advertisement
Back