Newton Suspended??

Watching yesterday's game, there was not one moment when I thought "we could really use Newton right now." That was playing with a 7 man rotation against a team with pretty good guard play. More evidence that he's the odd man out next season.

Advertisement
Watching yesterday's game, there was not one moment when I thought "we could really use Newton right now." That was playing with a 7 man rotation against a team with pretty good guard play. More evidence that he's the odd man out next season.

Yesterday's game was more of what I thought it would look without him. Turnovers way down and scoring slightly down. In addition, the defense (although not great yesterday) has been playing good.

Yesterday's game was more of what I thought it would look without him. Turnovers way down and scoring slightly down. In addition, the defense (although not great yesterday) has been playing good.

Then why do your in-game posts reek of whining?

image_fragrance_obsession_for_men_00e0e2eb34.jpg

You guys saying we are better off without Newton are blowing my mind. He was 6th man of the year last year and playing out of position this year. We are not 2 games above .500 in the ACC right now without him. Outside of the game he has some growing up to do but we CANNOT play the rest of this season with a 7 man rotation.

Too add to that for next year we lost 2 players that were supposed to help this year and next. We cannot afford to lose anyone from this team except for seniors after the season is over.

Advertisement
You guys saying we are better off without Newton are blowing my mind. He was 6th man of the year last year and playing out of position this year. We are not 2 games above .500 in the ACC right now without him. Outside of the game he has some growing up to do but we CANNOT play the rest of this season with a 7 man rotation.

Too add to that for next year we lost 2 players that were supposed to help this year and next. We cannot afford to lose anyone from this team except for seniors after the season is over.

Actually, we are exactly 2 games over .500 in the ACC without him....

Given what we have seen these last two games, he should be coming off the bench when he comes back. He is a scorer and he should come off the bench and score.

I would let Brown and Reed bring up the ball because they know how to actually run the offense.

Side note: Are one of the players you referring to Michael Gilmore?

Last edited:

image_fragrance_obsession_for_men_00e0e2eb34.jpg

My dad wore that in the 90s and I used to steal it. Chicks used to dig it.

We would have won the 2 games by more with him, but, go on......

Advertisement

We would have won the 2 games by more with him, but, go on......

Maybe, maybe not. What we do know is that we're 6-6 with him and 2-0 without him. I agree that he should be coming off the bench when he returns. It's not like he was out with an injury. He's out for being a dumb *** (for the second year in a row) and isn't entitled to benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement
Back