News from Ivy League

Advertisement
Theres no standardization , just mass confusion. Some conferences are slightly more organized than others. Not to mention all will be operating at a major. loss without 50% + fans.

I’m not confused. It’s all really straightforward. Just reread my previous post. It is self-explanatory.

Also, if you’re looking for lockstep, everyone-does-the-exact-same-thing standardization between P5 schools, that has never happened, and it will never happen.

But, I’ll repeat again, they are all currently in the same general place right now. Fall opens, with a variable mix of online and in-classroom schedules, probably most heavy on the online. But none of them are exclusively and only online. That is where it stands currently. Could it change today, tomorrow, next week, next month? Of course

I don’t know what else I can say. This is getting repetitive.

Ivy League students go to Ivy League schools for great educational opportunities and to make contacts with influential people (whether they be other students, faculty or friends and relatives who have connections). Very few will even bother to care if sports were cancelled or not.
You do realize that Title IX, as you know it today, exists because an Ivy League school lost the case on proportionality?

Sports obviously don’t matter as much, but they still matter. I’m guessing that the Ivies send as many kids to the Olympics as the ACC. Few or not, it matters.

Now football? Yale Bowl capacity is near equal to Hard Rock - and they fill it every other year for one game. (It’s probably more Army/Navy than Alabama/Auburn)

Advertisement
Back