News from Ivy League

Advertisement
Advertisement
As was mentioned in a prior post, Ivy League football has little bearing on P5 football operations because of their major differences, other than the herd aspect. Just because it works for them doesn’t mean it would work for the big schools.

(Note to self: people that call others little people have little minds)

What about the P5 model makes them less susceptible to mass infections and quarantines than ivy league. Thats the point.

Deaths per per 100,000 people:

New Jersey - 172
New York - 166

vs.

Florida - 18
Texas - 10

Lesson? Don't send covid19 patients into nursing homes. Everyone else, go back to work.

What about the P5 model makes them less susceptible to mass infections and quarantines than ivy league. Thats the point.

Two completely different approaches to football, two completely positions for football in the financial make up, and two completely different cultures. Other things, as well, etc.

I have a feeling when they do cancel the season, you’re going to be jumping up and down like a little girl that just got a new Barbie, and you’ll be making a lot of I-told-you-so posts.

Fortunately, I probably won’t be around to read posts from a bunch of insufferable little twats

Two completely different approaches to football, two completely positions for football in the financial make up, and two completely different cultures. Other things, as well, etc.

I have a feeling when they do cancel the season, you’re going to be jumping up and down like a little girl that just got a new Barbie, and you’ll be making a lot of I-told-you-so posts.

Fortunately, I probably won’t be around to read posts from a bunch of insufferable little twats

So other than a greater love/culture for football and a higher financial penalty you dont have any player safety related arguments to support p5 playing over ivy. Cool.

Advertisement
So other than a greater love/culture for football and a higher financial penalty you dont have any player safety related arguments to support p5 playing over ivy. Cool.
I would surmise Ivy league players believe they have much less to play for than p5 players. Have p5 players been surveyed? What is their take?

It's not really a safety issue for college players. It's more an optics issue. Ivy League can afford to play the optics card, as their financial future isn't impacted by football. Major P5 programs don't have that luxury.

Read Chise’s post.

I don’t even want to bother any more with these stupid arguments.

Its not about politics, or parties, or beliefs.

I believe in the best current scientific opinions.

And what they tell us is that football players are in a group that is the best equipped physically, medically, statistically, and from a monitoring standpoint. They are better off in a regimented and monitored structure than not.

But there are doofuses that want to make the argument that playing football puts them at greater risk...it doesn’t - compared to the risk they will be at in the general population and leading college or young men free-as-the-wind lifestyles.

If you’re one of those people that think dozens or hundreds or thousands, like some doofus poster postulated, football players could die, then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s nothing to discuss because it’s like talking to a brick wall.

How many times does this have to be explained?

Read Chise’s post.

I don’t even want to bother any more with these stupid arguments.

Its not about politics, or parties, or beliefs.

I believe in the best current scientific opinions.

And what they tell us is that football players are in a group that is the best equipped physically, medically, statistically, and from a monitoring standpoint. They are better off in a regimented and monitored structure than not.

But there are doofuses that want to make the argument that playing football puts them at greater risk...it doesn’t - compared to the risk they will be at in the general population and leading college or young men free-as-the-wind lifestyles.

If you’re one of those people that think dozens or hundreds or thousands, like some doofus poster postulated, football players could die, then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s nothing to discuss because it’s like talking to a brick wall.

How many times does this have to be explained?

Youre trying to drag me into that argument. I've just been saying football isnt happening for obvious reasons. Im not the one typing paragraphs.

Advertisement
Youre trying to drag me into that argument. I've just been saying football isnt happening.

You can take it from me as gospel that I’m not trying to drag you into any arguments but you keep talking about player safety like that’s a valid argument

There are insures, optics, and sponsors involved. Not sure how anyone thought those hurdles would clear in time but it was obvious to me.

The thing is you don’t know if those hurdles will clear or not. No single fūcking person has any idea what’s going to happen over the next six weeks. But let me have a peek at your crystal ball then because I’ve got some important moves to make in the market

Advertisement
The thing is you don’t know if those hurdles will clear or not. No single fūcking person has any idea what’s going to happen over the next six weeks. But let me have a peek at your crystal ball then because I’ve got some important moves to make in the market

Dont let me stop you from being hopeful. Im just being pragmatic. The CDC and the POTUS cant even agree on school opening guidlines. The biggest unresolved hurdle.

Dont let me stop you from being hopeful. Im just being pragmatic. The CDC and the POTUS cant even agree on school opening guidlines. The biggest unresolved hurdle.

Every single major P5 football playing college has sent out a letter, or an email communication, delineating their current plans for opening the semester. To a single one, they are currently proposing a hybrid opening, with varying mixtures of online and in classroom instruction. That could change, but that is where it stands now.

The issue with the CDC school opening guidelines has little to do, if anything, with colleges. That’s in reference to public primary education.

My argument is purely based on where we are now, based on the information we have, today.

Every single major P5 football playing college has sent out a letter, or an email communication, delineating their current plans for opening the semester. To a single one, they are currently proposing a hybrid opening, with varying mixtures of online and in classroom instruction. That could change, but that is where it stands now.

The issue with the CDC school opening guidelines has little to do, if anything, with colleges. That’s in reference to public primary education.

My argument is purely based on where we are now, based on the information we have, today.

Theres no standardization , just mass confusion. Some conferences are slightly more organized than others. Not to mention all will be operating at a major loss without 50% + fans.

Ivy League students go to Ivy League schools for great educational opportunities and to make contacts with influential people (whether they be other students, faculty or friends and relatives who have connections). Very few will even bother to care if sports were cancelled or not.

Advertisement
Back