Newest Hastag: #LetMiamiBeMiami

Advertisement
Just saw it on Banda's Twitter. UM is that black sheep kid everyone hopes will follow the older kids or the grown ups or maybe grow out of their ways. This is Miami's curse for the last decade.

As in life, trying to be something you are not applies to UM. You gotta be who you are in this world. No apologies. I think Manny has decided to fully embrace the UM heritage and bloodline when it was successful. Full gas pedal. Nothing to lose. Kamikaze. All or nothing. Be deliberate. 2019 is about to get a nostalgic dose of old UM is my prediction.

Win or lose...I think that is all we (fanbase) have ever asked for regardless of the head coach or W/L...#LetMiamiBeMiami.

Out of all the things he has done so far, this is the thing I like the most. I have felt this way for a long time. We are who we are. Manny gets it. I hope this can translate into wins.

D , OP has never done anything original on this board but be an alafaga slurper.

Sorry old guy @1LuvCane. I've never watched any of @Dwinstitles vids. No offense guy. However, perhaps Banda does watch @Dwinstitles videos because he obviously robbed my man of such an original thought... @1LuvCane I think u need to seek retirement like Richt. Old guy being petty on a FB board not a good look pops.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny mentioned on that audibles podcast that it was UM itself that started to act like something that it wasn’t. They were trying to be like the more ”traditional” programs, and it just doesn’t work. He recognizes that Miami is different and is going to embrace it.

Nice. I have not listened to the podcast but it appears to be all lining up. As others have stated, I hope Manny can pull this off.

I don’t like this new hashtag. It sounds like support for a ghey chit like “letnystofmindbeghey” Miami has always been Miami never fcukin left wtf? Lol

The thing Is, people (outsiders) will always downplay Miami until Miami gets into the spotlight like the Richt era. But then you have Paul Finebaum (which looks like the bad VET from the dog movie Beethoven) doubt us, but then try to put us in a lose, lose situation. Everyone on this site obviously has love for the Canes even @PIPO . But let the program sets its expectations. Telling the Nation we were going to beat LSU and saying LSU sucks makes you look bad if you lose to LSU. Recruits notice those things. Some fans just care about views, some fans just want a Viewable product. Butch Davis took 4 years to go 11-1, different era obviously but I'll take a disappointing season that leads you in the right direction.

The thing Is, people (outsiders) will always downplay Miami until Miami gets into the spotlight like the Richt era. But then you have Paul Finebaum (which looks like the bad VET from the dog movie Beethoven) doubt us, but then try to put us in a lose, lose situation. Everyone on this site obviously has love for the Canes even @PIPO . But let the program sets its expectations. Telling the Nation we were going to beat LSU and saying LSU sucks makes you look bad if you lose to LSU. Recruits notice those things. Some fans just care about views, some fans just want a Viewable product. Butch Davis took 4 years to go 11-1, different era obviously but I'll take a disappointing season that leads you in the right direction.
Cool post I agree about the smack talk needs to be backed up. I’ve heard other posters compare finebaum to smegel from lord of the ringz 👍

Sorry old guy @1LuvCane. I've never watched any of @Dwinstitles vids. No offense guy. However, perhaps Banda does watch @Dwinstitles videos because he obviously robbed my man of such an original thought... @1LuvCane I think u need to seek retirement like Richt. Old guy being petty on a FB board not a good luck pops.
I said some **** like let miami be miami stop trying to be penn state we can never be penn state (not that we want to but u get my drift)
We cant win and be some good guys its never worked that way

Advertisement
All this is great but it will quickly turn to some corny sHT if we don’t win.

Manny doing a **** of a job restoring the image but the biggest image dogging us right now is that of a mediocre team that loses a lot.

THAT’S the image we need to change for any of the other stuff,great as it all may seem,to mean anything.

Manny doing great marketing work in the OFFSEASON.Needs to show he can do great COSCHING work DURING THE SEASON.

Manny mentioned on that audibles podcast that it was UM itself that started to act like something that it wasn’t. They were trying to be like the more ”traditional” programs, and it just doesn’t work. He recognizes that Miami is different and is going to embrace it.

I just finished listening to the podcast. Lol. Awesome stuff aside from Feldman almost being a douche; yes the guy didn't take the traditional route. Manny's story almost sounds like spoelstra's route. Video guy that did all the shiit work and all the hard work paid off.

Anyway, Manny does echo sort of what I posted. Manny even used the word "mercenaries" if I recall in the podcast. Lmao....on my life, I didn't even listen to the podcast before before writing my thoughts in this post. Haha.

Advertisement
Back