Off-Topic New York Pizza

Advertisement
If money is not an issue, or its a special occasion, Goldbelly's is superb to order from, but its very expensive.

For South Florida folks, Nick's New Haven in Boca is really good.

Very expensive. And should only be used if you're trying to do something asinine like ship great pizzas from NYC lol.

As you are alluding to, you really should just figure out who is making the best local effort. Someone is always trying.

There is a frozen store brand that is very good though, if you must, its from an ambitious Brooklyn pizza place. Table 87. A very solid one. The only frozen pizza we allow in our home. They distribute nationally, I think. I just saw they were on Shark Tank (what???) while looking for the link below, which blows my mind, but its really pretty good. Just cook it at a higher temp than recommended to crisp it a bit more. Whole Foods, etc.

Just here to plug Prince St in NYC. Yes its way more pepperoni then you need and you will have heart burn but its so **** good going down.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-16_at_3.42.32_PM_odns9g.png
you can NEVER have too much pepperoni

Dam strait canedog! My daddy woulda whooped my *** if I ever paid more then $5 for a daggum pizza. He’d a said boy is you stu stu stupid? Quote me on dat!

Advertisement
You sir are un-cultured lol. Sally's is the best in New Haven. Modern Apizza is my 2nd favorite. Wooster street kicks NY's *** - and I'm a New Yorker lol
You can't be all bad because you appreciate that Sally's > Pepe's. Modern is okay. Teh world just didn't need more than 2 'new haven pizza' places. And it generally doesn't need more than 1 place that sells 'apizza.'

In any case, these pie purveyors have been living on association with poverty and leftist idiocy at Yale for generations. I do believe they were legit places back when the mob ran the port, but those days ended about with jimmy hoffa and the advent of Wal-Mart.

Most folks here won't even understand this history.

Overrated in the sense that I wouldn't go out of my way to travel to it but if I was in town for something I'd make sure I got it because it is **** good. Haven't had the chance to try John's or Grimaldi's yet though being in MA, I don't get over to NY too often.
Pepe's is just whatever. Those places are good in the sense that they use dough and cheese and if you're starving it tastes like a Ritz cracker. But they aren't special.

Advertisement
I can vouch for Bleecker's pizza in NYC. Straight fire as far as pizza is concerned.
If you want real nyc pizza, sal n carmine's on 101st / broadway has been slinging traditional pies for a couple generations from a hole in the wall. The fancy brooklyn thin crust stuff is for trendy yuppies. nothing wrong with it, mind you. there's a place for that in life. it's just not some mecca experience and the use-case is limited.

If we're talking about Carlos Bakery in Hoboken they are way overpriced and many other places are much better.
yea but it wasn't too bad.89 bucks with shipping for 3 pies..after I try these I might try some of the other NEW YORK recommendations on here.

It's only 100 bucks for 3-4 12-14" pies so it's not too bad from any of the places on GoldBelly

Just here to plug Prince St in NYC. Yes its way more pepperoni then you need and you will have heart burn but its so **** good going down.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-16_at_3.42.32_PM_odns9g.png
that looks as though you may need a large beach towel to soak up the grease on that thing..lol

Advertisement
If you're considering Grimaldi's, I'm sure going to one their restaurants in Palm Beach Gardens, Fort Myers, or Tampa would probably be better than having one shipped.

Try the Brooklyn Bridge pizza.
I'm in La...I like pizza but not sure I like it enough for an 1600-1800 mile round trip to go get it...lol

If money is not an issue, or its a special occasion, Goldbelly's is superb to order from, but its very expensive.

For South Florida folks, Nick's New Haven in Boca is really good.
That's where this is coming from.I get all kinds of sht from there.I've ordered King Crabs from there and they've be great.

Huh, I had no idea this Goldbelly site existed. Not that I need good pizza shipped to me since I'm in NJ.

I'd avoid Carlo's Bakery. I had no idea they were peddling pizza now but their bakery items are overrated and expensive. I went to the Hoboken location once (relatives were avid fans of Cake Boss) and could not understand the half hour line down the street.
Goldbelly has all kinds of stuff..go on the site.You'd be amazed at what they can get for you..

Advertisement
If you want real nyc pizza, sal n carmine's on 101st / broadway has been slinging traditional pies for a couple generations from a hole in the wall. The fancy brooklyn thin crust stuff is for trendy yuppies. nothing wrong with it, mind you. there's a place for that in life. it's just not some mecca experience and the use-case is limited.

Bleecker's didn't strike me as a trendy, hipster establishment. I lived in Brooklyn during early 70s as a kid, before it was trendy, and this pizza was reminiscent of that era.
Having said this, I will try Sal&Carmine next time I'm in town.

Well Guys I appreciate all of the recommendations.After I try these I might try some of the other places.They are supposed to be here tomorrow so I'll cook one Wednesday and let you guys know how it was.

Amazingly this was a good discussion except for one *** but I guess there's always at least one guy in every discussion that has little man complex and has to play internet bully to make up for his 3in ******...

Bleecker's didn't strike me as a trendy, hipster establishment. I lived in Brooklyn during early 70s as a kid, before it was trendy, and this pizza was reminiscent of that era.
Having said this, I will try Sal&Carmine next time I'm in town.
as long as you like a traditional nyc ‘slice,’ it’s really good.

Advertisement
Back