New Unis !! (We hope)

The size of logo Adidas gets away with is a travesty. It’s flat out goofy on the top left shoulder. Just looks off. Reason 100 why they just simply get all of the little details wrong time and time again.

At least your sig picture is angled the right way. Imagine if you had a picture of that baseball jersey with the adidas logo in the foreground...

;)

Advertisement
have you seen how massive the stupid Jordan logo is on the football jerseys? there is nothing subtle about the jump man logo compared to the check mark

I am not disagreeing with the spirit of this point. I have frequently pointed out that Jordan Brand seems to...put itself above every other aesthetic or logical consideration.

Having said that, I'd be OK with Jordan or Nike.

Adidas has done a tremendous job with baseball and basketball imo. Football is the joke.

Baseball has been fairly impressive. I have not been moved by the basketball stuff, though. I just bought a Shane Larkin (Nike) jersey on eBay, I just haven't been all that into the adidas basketball stuff. Sorry.

Advertisement
I am not disagreeing with the spirit of this point. I have frequently pointed out that Jordan Brand seems to...put itself above every other aesthetic or logical consideration.

Having said that, I'd be OK with Jordan or Nike.
id be fine with Nike. I still hate Jordan for football but either is fine in the end.

Baseball has been fairly impressive. I have not been moved by the basketball stuff, though. I just bought a Shane Larkin (Nike) jersey on eBay, I just haven't been all that into the adidas basketball stuff. Sorry.
nah the new jerseys they dropped this past year (the throwbacks) were nice. they stepped their game up basketball wise this past season. in the past years, they've been the same or very similar to nike. nothing really stands out prior to. hard to really ***** up basketball jerseys.

have you seen how massive the stupid Jordan logo is on the football jerseys? there is nothing subtle about the jump man logo compared to the check mark
I should have changed the wording. Adidas is too bulky. Looks awkward. I agree jumpan is big but it’s a skinny logo if that makes sense. Takes up far less real estate on the jersey compared to adidas

Advertisement
nah the new jerseys they dropped this past year (the throwbacks) were nice. they stepped their game up basketball wise this past season. in the past years, they've been the same or very similar to nike. nothing really stands out prior to. hard to really ***** up basketball jerseys.

And that's where we disagree. I was unimpressed with the basketball throwbacks.

And that's where we disagree. I was unimpressed with the basketball throwbacks.
which is fine. we dont all have to like everything. we can have opinions. the only thing I really care about is that nike gives the team more gear than it did previously and spare me on the we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it bull****. they went cheap on us last time out and did us dirty. hopefully, its a better relationship the next time out. idc what sneaker heads prefer bc of some obscure brand loyalty bs. **** id go with Lululemon if they gave the team more **** than all the other companies (not to mention, their stuff is better quality albeit way more expensive).

The size of logo Adidas gets away with is a travesty. It’s flat out goofy on the top left shoulder. Just looks off. Reason 100 why they just simply get all of the little details wrong time and time again.

Dang bro; I’ve said that as well. It becomes especially cumbersome when u start adding on The C or other patches.

Advertisement
Dang bro; I’ve said that as well. It becomes especially cumbersome when u start adding on The C or other patches.
The C should represent clown because that’s what Our uni’s look like when you add the bulky C over the bulky adidas logo 🤣

It’s flat out trash man. I say this as a dude who likes the overall look of our jersey but the details is where they lose me because it’s pitiful

which is fine. we dont all have to like everything. we can have opinions. the only thing I really care about is that nike gives the team more gear than it did previously and spare me on the we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it bull****. they went cheap on us last time out and did us dirty. hopefully, its a better relationship the next time out. idc what sneaker heads prefer bc of some obscure brand loyalty bs. **** id go with Lululemon if they gave the team more **** than all the other companies (not to mention, their stuff is better quality albeit way more expensive).

Siiiigh; I’ve explained this. Sometimes stories based upon perception takes on a life of their own, especially when someone sees something & then assumes.

1. We can agree/disagree on designs/preference etc, but the only other school who received more jersey designs than us was UO & that’s b/c that is their culture

2. We were always one of the top 5 schools picked to wear Nike’s newest technology

3. The great majority of Nike’s contract includes, base + athletic gear (like @TheOriginalCane said, this chit is expensive). Every contract gives a team an option to convert the gear $$ into cash $$, which means instead of Nike providing an endless supply of uniforms for that season, a school can elect to reduce the amount of gear they receive & convert that into $$ into their funding. That means any tears/rips that happen in game, u better have a great equipment staff. UCLA, due to their financial struggles, have elected to take this course next yr, which means they’ll get a limited supply of jerseys in order to convert that part of their contract to cash $$

There’s a really good possibility, under prior leadership, that’s what happened w/ us. It wouldn’t make any sense that they continued to give us new jerseys every other yr, just to say “ya’ll don’t matter.”

Adidas has done a tremendous job with baseball and basketball imo. Football is the joke.

Some of our basketball designs have been either meh or cringe worthy, but last yr, I liked The Canes b-ball unis, especially those iced ones w/ Sebastian. Agree w/ on baseball too, they’ve done a solid job on those. Adidas have always struggled w/ football uniforms, since forever.

Advertisement
Siiiigh; I’ve explained this. Sometimes stories based upon perception takes on a life of their own, especially when someone sees something & then assumes.

1. We can agree/disagree on designs/preference etc, but the only other school who received more jersey designs than us was UO & that’s b/c that is their culture

2. We were always one of the top 5 schools picked to wear Nike’s newest technology

3. The great majority of Nike’s contract includes, base + athletic gear (like @TheOriginalCane said, this chit is expensive). Every contract gives a team an option to convert the gear $$ into cash $$, which means instead of Nike providing an endless supply of uniforms for that season, a school can elect to reduce the amount of gear they receive & convert that into $$ into their funding. That means any tears/rips that happen in game, u better have a great equipment staff. UCLA, due to their financial struggles, have elected to take this course next yr, which means they’ll get a limited supply of jerseys in order to convert that part of their contract to cash $$

There’s a really good possibility, under prior leadership, that’s what happened w/ us. It wouldn’t make any sense that they continued to give us new jerseys every other yr, just to say “ya’ll don’t matter.”
Would the converting gear into money explain why Brad Kaaya looked like he was wearing the same practice jersey that Buck Ortega wore? I'm joking kinda. We appear to get new Adidas practice gear every year. That did not appear to be the case with Nike. I think I noticed it really when FSU and Miami both changed uniforms and FSU also got new practice gear to match. Maybe that had to do with our Nike contract expiring.

Would the converting gear into money explain why Brad Kaaya looked like he was wearing the same practice jersey that Buck Ortega wore? I'm joking kinda. We appear to get new Adidas practice gear every year. That did not appear to be the case with Nike. I think I noticed it really when FSU and Miami both changed uniforms and FSU also got new practice gear to match. Maybe that had to do with our Nike contract expiring.

Correct. Some things r not just black & white, however, I’ve also come to realize that perception is reality.

I’d like to confirm the last part. Until then, we can only go by what we saw and what we factually know to be confirmed by others. Either way, hopefully it isn’t like last time. You guys don’t have to take it so personal either. Nike isn’t giving you a single cent to cape for them lol

I’d like to confirm the last part. Until then, we can only go by what we saw and what we factually know to be confirmed by others. Either way, hopefully it isn’t like last time. You guys don’t have to take it so personal either. Nike isn’t giving you a single cent to cape for them lol

How do u know that?

J/K

It’s not caping, it’s providing clarity on rumors that take on life of their own. I’ve said, I can’t confirm what happened at The U, but I was informed that schools can choose $$ over gear & if they do, they’ll be limited.

Advertisement
Back