New Unis !! (We hope)

I'm surprised by how many fans have completely forgot about the uniforms from the 2003 to 2006 seasons. For me those were by far, the dopest gear the Hurricanes ever rocked. They screamed speed kills and explosive football, true hall marks of Miami tradition. The stitching literally put 'The U' on the players backs and offen that is all the oppositing defenders could see when they failed to run down our guys flying by them for the touchdown. They looked more modern then anything the players have wore since. From the letter font of the players names, the same style that was the class Miami font in our endzones, to that curved lettering style that was so uniquely Miami Hurricanes. **** even the font of the numbers was the best it has ever been with the curves on the 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, & 9s, and sharp edges of the 4 and 7. The pants were ice cold white that blended perfectly with the white of the helmets and white accents on the Jersey tops. Perfection of the flyest order.

P.S. Mario and/or the powers that be need to make sure going forward all home games whether in a new stadium or in HardRock get the **** endzones right. No more garbage miami dolphins lettering spelling out miami all weak and lame AF, no, it needs to be the Hurricanes Helmet with the Orange and Green U's on both the left and right sides of the endzone with that classic Miami font I mentioned earlier spelling out Miami in between.... see pics for clarification.

Bro, how dare u say such things. We’re just fine w/ saggy pants, stretched out U’s, faded oranges, deformed ironed on name plates, and in a stadium that uses The Dolphins home colors & lettering. All is fine.

Advertisement
You had me in the first half, lost me at the feathers lol
We had some jerseys that had feathers on the shoulder pads. **** maybe they were palm fronds. I thought they were pretty cool but many didnt like them and were saying just keep it traditional.

The team should pull out these throwbacks for a game. I loved this look
D2n5VyHW0AApgdF.jpg

Advertisement
The team should pull out these throwbacks for a game. I loved this look View attachment 166497

I’m ALL for throw backs. I love throw backs. It’s funny how fans were like, “MY GOD WHAT WAS NIKE DOING? THOSE UNIFORMS WERE HORRIBLE!” And I kindly would let them know those are one of our original uniforms. Lol.

But yeah man; I love throwbacks.

I’m ALL for throw backs. I love throw backs. It’s funny how fans were like, “MY GOD WHAT WAS NIKE DOING? THOSE UNIFORMS WERE HORRIBLE!” And I kindly would let them know those are one of our original uniforms. Lol.

But yeah man; I love throwbacks.
I love the color rush unis that nfl teams use and think more college teams should utilize then.

BTW, upthread you mentioned speaking to a frat brother. Which fraternity are you a part of if i may ask?

I think most of y'all are tripping acting like the adidas uniforms have been bad. They look nice to me and infinitely better than the last 2 uniforms Nike gave us.

I like Nike better than Adidas, but Adidas is fine imo.
100% this. Like I said earlier in the thread, the uniforms are the one thing about this program that isn't broken. Leave them alone.

Advertisement
Kappa Alpha Psi

What’s funny, & @AllAboutTheU can attest to this; I said I have more NUPE friends than friends from my own frat. Lol. My boy who’s connected to SC & Poly is a NUPE. They actually thought I was going to be on that line that crossed, but I was a Sigma Beta in HS & my mentor had me all sold on PBS life before I stepped foot on campus. Let’s just say I pulled a Cristobal during that decision. Lol.

What yr did u cross?

I think most of y'all are tripping acting like the adidas uniforms have been bad. They look nice to me and infinitely better than the last 2 uniforms Nike gave us.

I like Nike better than Adidas, but Adidas is fine imo.

I need u to check out this article: it’s not a Miami thing, it’s an Adidas thing. So u were cool w/ this right?

Maybe u were cool w/ this too?

Possibly u were cool w/ this?

Maybe u’re OK w/ our craftsmanship on the name & font? Or possibly u’re impressed that Adidas is still using ironed on lettering instead of stitched cloth?

Attachments

• 885C59EA-6F50-40B6-8BF2-B0397DDCB1EE.jpeg
    885C59EA-6F50-40B6-8BF2-B0397DDCB1EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
I need u to check out this article: it’s not a Miami thing, it’s an Adidas thing. So u were cool w/ this right?

Maybe u were cool w/ this too?

Possibly u were cool w/ this?

Maybe u’re OK w/ our craftsmanship on the name & font? Or possibly u’re impressed that Adidas is still using ironed on lettering instead of stitched cloth?
So they fixed the nameplates pretty quickly.
The parlay jerseys are fine with me. They were one offs. I don't see a big deal in having those types every year.

Seems like you are picking at the dumbest **** possible meanwhile Nike though those *** *** orange and green helmets were a good idea which is 100x worse than anything Adidas has give us this far.

Advertisement
That’s another thing; Michigan fans had a problem w/ Adidas giving them a sun yellow vs their traditional maize yellow. It seems both our orange & green is off.
It is. Look at our 1993 and 94 uniforms. They were amazing.

As for Oregon, every noticed how they keep track of their national titles on their helmets?

Advertisement
So they fixed the nameplates pretty quickly.
The parlay jerseys are fine with me. They were one offs. I don't see a big deal in having those types every year.

Seems like you are picking at the dumbest **** possible meanwhile Nike though those *** *** orange and green helmets were a good idea which is 100x worse than anything Adidas has give us this far.

Dumbest chit, huh?

-So u’re not OK w/ a modern version of the green helmets which is in our archives, btw, but u’re OK w/ us rocking tangerine orange & aqua? Lol.

-The picture I showed was actually our newest green jersey, highlighting Adidas lack of attention to detail, which is y every single one of their jerseys are crooked & distorted.

-Our fan gear & the players’ off the field gear absolutely sucks. Maybe if I was 65 yrs old, I would have an appreciation for it.

-Did u not see the bull chit given to Cristobal today at his presser? And u’re cool w/ that?

Then again u’re cool w/ a lot of bull chit that has happened at The U, so y am I even wasting my time.

My son got me the white Parley jersey for Christmas. TBH, I really like it. Well constructed and very clean. I’ll always be a classic orange over white guy but some of these alternates are nice

Dumbest chit, huh?

-So u’re not OK w/ a modern version of the green helmets which is in our archives, btw, but u’re OK w/ us rocking tangerine orange & aqua? Lol.

-The picture I showed was actually our newest green jersey, highlighting Adidas lack of attention to detail, which is y every single one of their jerseys are crooked & distorted.

-Our fan gear & the players’ off the field gear absolutely sucks. Maybe if I was 65 yrs old, I would have an appreciation for it.

-Did u not see the bull chit given to Cristobal today at his presser? And u’re cool w/ that?

Then again u’re cool w/ a lot of bull chit that has happened at The U, so y am I even wasting my time.
No I'm not okay with an orange or green helmet that is worn more than once every few seasons....which is what Nike gave us. You got such big *** blinders on you can see that the full ******* unis Nike gave us last were 100% garbage compare to what we have now.

You're too worried about trashing a uni we wear once a year than the ones we wear the rest of the games

Advertisement
Back