New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
One thing I found so interesting about the Manny not leaving Oregon because of Phil Night blah blah was the fact that while Night bleeds green and yellow he also runs a billion dollar corporation. You don't think people at Nike haven't run projections for a merchandise deal with a Miami that more likely than not returns to prominence? Phil Night was gonna win either way. Wouldn't be shocked at all if we return to Nike brand.

LOL. Seriously doubt it.

I dunno, we just made Phil Knight and Nike our prison bltch, totally humiliated them, so unless they have Stockholm syndrome, I cant imagine they'd want to go in with us.

B/c Phil Knight is not the CEO of Nike. Phil Knight is also a non-voting board observer. U guys keep saying Phil Knight this & Phil Knight that, and I keep telling u Oregon is not even the highest compensated Nike school.

Phil is a huge booster for both Oregon & Stanford b/c both are his Alma Mater, but he also understands business & relationships. Do u think UCLA would be signed w/ Jordan Brand/Nike after Kelly bolted to the NFL after all the success Kelly had w/ Oregon, THEN going to Oregon’s rival, UCLA?

Anyways, talked to my frat, not so much about details per say, but just if any burned bridges were had, and his direct quote is “bruh, Nike is a business 1st, and a business 2nd. We don’t do emotions, emotions loses u $.” I’m just a casual observer, but u guys have to stop w/ The Phil Knight Narrative. Yes, he’s very much influential, but he’s a businessman 1st, and those who lead Nike r businessmen/women 1st. The only person to my knowledge that burned a bridge was Kanye, & even this fool is trying to drop love notes by this

And doing a concert on Thursday w/ one of Nike’s biggest musical endorsers in Drake. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes, please keep it orange, green, and white. I'm not a fan of the black uni's, but if it excites the student body for 1 night game a year, fine.

Never let the smoke unis, green helmets, or orange helmets see the light of day again though.

Black jerseys are a must for a Thursday/Saturday game once a year for sure IMO. Just once a year though.

Advertisement
B/c Phil Knight is not the CEO of Nike. Phil Knight is also a non-voting board observer. U guys keep saying Phil Knight this & Phil Knight that, and I keep telling u Oregon is not even the highest compensated Nike school.

Phil is a huge booster for both Oregon & Stanford b/c both are his Alma Mater, but he also understands business & relationships. Do u think UCLA would be signed w/ Jordan Brand/Nike after Kelly bolted to the NFL after all the success Kelly had w/ Oregon, THEN going to Oregon’s rival, UCLA?

Anyways, talked to my frat, not so much about details per say, but just if any burned bridges were had, and his direct quote is “bruh, Nike is a business 1st, and a business 2nd. We don’t do emotions, emotions loses u $.” I’m just a casual observer, but u guys have to stop w/ The Phil Knight Narrative. Yes, he’s very much influential, but he’s a businessman 1st, and those who lead Nike r businessmen/women 1st. The only person to my knowledge that burned a bridge was Kanye, & even this fool is trying to drop love notes by this

And doing a concert on Thursday w/ one of Nike’s biggest musical endorsers in Drake. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Nah I think we all know that, just also realize sometimes people with a lot of money take things very personal. He isn't the big dog at Nike but he isn't Papa John either with no influence. I trust Mario handled this the best way possible. My only worry about any of this was if Mario had an actual contract with Nike.

LOL . You old dudes are a joke. And thats a lot coming from a dude who's 50. Kids love these color swaps and difffernt versions etccccc..... why do you like the just straight up boring ****tttt. I hate Penn St, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Bama , Georgia etcccccc......... I 100% love what Oregon does and so do the kids. I thought the ones that had the feathers on the shoulder pads were maybe the best Jersey that weren't traditional ever. They were straight fire but you old fcksss ***** to no end. Part of whats a bout to happen is going to involve **** like this. Y
all better be ready for change because thats exactly what about to happen.

You had me in the first half, lost me at the feathers lol

Nah I think we all know that, just also realize sometimes people with a lot of money take things very personal. He isn't the big dog at Nike but he isn't Papa John either with no influence. I trust Mario handled this the best way possible. My only worry about any of this was if Mario had an actual contract with Nike.

Understood, my bro. I was specifically talking about the whole “Stockholm Syndrome” comment. Lol.

Advertisement

I know you and TOC were talking in the nike deal thread a few weeks ago. Do you think we go back to nike? Seems like the personal contract Mario had with nike got all taken care of in the process of hiring him. Would love to get back with them or jordan brand personally

LOL . You old dudes are a joke. And thats a lot coming from a dude who's 50. Kids love these color swaps and difffernt versions etccccc..... why do you like the just straight up boring ****tttt. I hate Penn St, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Bama , Georgia etcccccc......... I 100% love what Oregon does and so do the kids. I thought the ones that had the feathers on the shoulder pads were maybe the best Jersey that weren't traditional ever. They were straight fire but you old fcksss ***** to no end. Part of whats a bout to happen is going to involve **** like this. Y
all better be ready for change because thats exactly what about to happen.
You will understand when you get older. Bama is not losing recruits because the "kids" cant have neon jerseys.

I know you and TOC were talking in the nike deal thread a few weeks ago. Do you think we go back to nike? Seems like the personal contract Mario had with nike got all taken care of in the process of hiring him. Would love to get back with them or jordan brand personally

I do. Gut feeling just based upon who the AD will be & how some former players felt about moving to Adidas. Plus I think how Adidas low key did us shady on our contract 2 yrs in to it left a bad taste. Yeah Blake should’ve been familiar w/ this, but u do sign a deal in good faith.

Advertisement
I do. Gut feeling just based upon who the AD will be & how some former players felt about moving to Adidas. Plus I think how Adidas low key did us shady on our contract 2 yrs in to it left a bad taste. Yeah Blake should’ve been familiar w/ this, but u do sign a deal in good faith.
Thanks, appreciate the reply! So many good things this past week and so much good coming down the pipe. It's an exciting time

Hype, & Jordan Brand is literally an entity w/in Nike, so they have a separate board, VP, Executive, etc. B/c they don’t handle the same amount of product as the parent company Nike, their attention to consumer needs are a bit more attentive. Just a slight difference.
we aint ever getting nike again so forget about it haha esp after the way Ad described the poaching

Advertisement
I'm surprised by how many fans have completely forgotten about the uniforms from the 2003 to 2006 seasons. For me those were by far, the dopest gear the Hurricanes ever rocked. They screamed speed kills and explosive football, true hall marks of Miami tradition. The stitching literally put 'The U' on the players backs and offen that is all the oppositing defenders could see when they failed to run down our guys flying by them for the touchdown. They looked more modern then anything the players have worn since. From the letter font of the players names, the same style that was the classic Miami font in our endzones with that curved lettering that was so uniquely Miami Hurricanes to the font of the numbers with the curves on the 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, & 9s, and sharp edges of the 4 and 7. The pants were ice cold white that blended perfectly with the white of the helmets and white accents on the Jersey tops. Perfection of the flyest order.

P.S. Mario and/or the powers that be need to make sure going forward all home games whether in a new stadium or in HardRock get the **** endzones right. No more garbage miami dolphins lettering spelling out miami all weak and lame AF, no, it needs to be the Hurricanes Helmet with the Orange and Green U's on both the left and right sides of the endzone with that classic Miami font I mentioned earlier spelling out Miami in between.... see pics for clarification.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-105025_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-105025_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20211207-104528_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-104528_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20211207-104644_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-104644_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Advertisement