New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
We’re not Oklahoma State, which is why the numbers aren’t orange. Too much push back from the orange numbers on the 2017 dark ops jerseys. Im not an adidas fan, but they can’t win here with these. I’ll go back to my original thought; if the kids like them, then that is a win!

Bro, hold on.

Version 1.0 had white numbers w/ orange trim

Version 2.0 had straight orange numbers

The gripe w/ these, even those that like them, are the numbers should’ve been orange w/ the green trim. That neon, highlighter green sticks out, & not in a good way. So besides the lack of craftsmanship, which is just not up Adidas’ American Sports alley”, they could’ve handle the color scheme better. Also, if I’m not mistaken, the shield for The U is neon green which is distorting the U on the neck line.

Last edited:
While We got u in uni mode @Rellyrell

Curious what you thought of the 2001 jerseys and the controversial pickle look when we go green on green

View attachment 204066

So if I’m going to take myself back to a young Rell, true freshman year in college when they first released…I immediately fell in love w/ these jerseys. We looked like The U on roids. It didn’t feel over the top, at all. Til this day, these r still my favorite, & I promise u if we went 2-9 in these, I would say the same.

Now, w/ that being said, I’ve never been a color on color fan, LIKE EVER. Lol. I hate the rush colorways in The NFL. Like serious hate. Lol. I can do white on white, color on white, white on color. ****, I get frazzled watching the NBA seeing two road jerseys on the court at the same time! Lol. I’m a traditionalist that way, but I’ve learned to live w/ it vs. gripping my couch. Lol

So if I’m going to take myself back to a young Rell, true freshman year in college when they first released…I immediately fell in love w/ these jerseys. We looked like The U on roids. It didn’t feel over the top, at all. Til this day, these r still my favorite, & I promise u if we went 2-9 in these, I would say the same.

Now, w/ that being said, I’ve never been a color on color fan, LIKE EVER. Lol. I hate the rush colorways in The NFL. Like serious hate. Lol. I can do white on white, color on white, white on color. ****, I get frazzled watching the NBA seeing two road jerseys on the court at the same time! Lol. I’m a traditionalist that way, but I’ve learned to live w/ it vs. gripping my couch. Lol
Ha. I knew you were going to say that. I know I’m in the minority, but I’ve never been a fan of the 01 jerseys…and I have to admit I feel a little guilty about it. I want to like them so bad especially after what they did. I just can’t. I don’t mind the neckline. I just ain’t a fan of the band across the chest and how it opens up when it gets to the shoulders. It just doesn’t look clean to me.

Agree 💯 on the color on color. I don’t like it on one player in a photo shoot and certainly don’t like 11 guys running around on the field with that look. It actually affects my game watching. White on white can look tight though with the right color scheme in the detail.

Bro, hold on.

Version 1.0 had white numbers w/ orange trim

Version 2.0 had straight orange numbers

The gripe w/ these, even those that like them, are the numbers should’ve been orange w/ the green trim. That neon, highlighter green sticks out, & not in a good way. So besides the lack of craftsmanship, which is just not up Adidas’ American Sports alley”, they could’ve handle the color scheme better. Also, if I’m not mistaken, the shield for The U is neon green which is distorting the U on the neck line.
Bro I don’t disagree. I’m just telling you the facts. Those that *****ed last time was be cause we looked like Oklahoma State (I have Kayas jersey behind glass for what it’s worth). Now people are *****in because the numbers are green. As I said earlier, as long as the kids like them, I’m good!

Edited to add: people are gonna complain no matter what, but the football program WAS involved with the design of these jerseys.

Advertisement
Ha. I knew you were going to say that. I know I’m in the minority, but I’ve never been a fan of the 01 jerseys…and I have to admit I feel a little guilty about it. I want to like them so bad especially after what they did. I just can’t. I don’t mind the neckline. I just ain’t a fan of the band across the chest and how it opens up when it gets to the shoulders. It just doesn’t look clean to me.

Agree 💯 on the color on color. I don’t like it on one player in a photo shoot and certainly don’t like 11 guys running around on the field with that look. It actually affects my game watching. White on white can look tight though with the right color scheme in the detail.

Nothing to feel guilty about, bro. If we all thought the same, life would be boring. Lol. I know several Canes fans (& when I say several, I mean 5 including U…lol) out of the 951,000 Canes fan who don’t like this jersey. LMAO. Nah, but seriously, I get it. I particularly like classics, & throw back classics. If we do futuristic, as long as it’s not too wild, I’m good. Hence, why I hated the mix match Nike Pro Combat joints. I got the tech in them, I appreciated that, BUT I HATED THE DESIGN. Horrible, horrible, horrible, & I rank those designs up there w/ the Adidas 2015 joints.

I know for sure I’m in the minority, but I actually liked the infamous bra strap joints. I think if we won in them, ppl would have a different opinion, but they also signify the beginning of our golden age. They were simple, & clean w/ really good details.

I’m just not in to all of the glow in the dark, chit. Didn’t like Nike coming up w/ this concept w/ MSU & UO, & I don’t like Adidas copying this w/ us. Give that to high school kids or a G5 program to feel special, but not us. Don’t mind black unis at all, but man this final execution leaves something to the imagination. They could’ve done reflective white numbers outlined in the neon Orange & Green & I would’ve “OK” w/ it. But Ghost Buster Slime Green!? F!

Lol

Last edited:
Bro I don’t disagree. I’m just telling you the facts. Those that *****ed last time was be cause we looked like Oklahoma State (I have Kayas jersey behind glass for what it’s worth). Now people are *****in because the numbers are green. As I said earlier, as long as the kids like them, I’m good!

Edited to add: people are gonna complain no matter what, but the football program WAS involved with the design of these jerseys.

Got u; I guess alternates r a sore spot. But hey, they r here, & nothing anyone can do.

The only thing I don’t like about the new Miami nights uni’s is the lime green numbering.

But the jersey design itself is nice IMO.

Truth is, they’re never going to get it right to the majority because most of our fans just don’t like anything new when it comes to the Uni combos. Most prefer to just wear Orange & White every single game because a lot of Canes fans just want to recreate the 80’s over & over & over & over & over & over again...

Nothing to feel guilty about, bro. If we all thought the same, life would be boring. Lol. I know several Canes fans (& when I say several, I mean 5 including U…lol) out of the 951,000 Canes fan who don’t like this jersey. LMAO. Nah, but seriously, I get it. I particularly like classics, & throw back classics. If we do futuristic, as long as it’s not too wild, I’m good. Hence, why I hated the mix match Nike Pro Combat joints. I got the tech in them, I appreciated that, BUT I HATED THE DESIGN. Horrible, horrible, horrible, & I rank those designs up there w/ the Adidas 2015 joints.

I know for sure I’m in the minority, but I actually liked the infamous bra strap joints. I think if we won in them, ppl would have a different opinion, but they also signify the beginning of our golden age. They were simple, & clean w/ really good details.

I’m just not in to all of the glow in the dark, chit. Didn’t like Nike coming up w/ this concept w/ MSU & UO, & I don’t like Adidas copying this w/ us. Give that to high school kids or a G5 program to feel special, but not us. Don’t mind black unis at all, but man this final execution leaves something to the imagination. They could’ve done reflective white numbers outlined in the neon Orange & Green & I would’ve “OK” w/ it. But Ghost Buster Slime Green!? F!

Lol
I’m pleasantly surprised you know 4 others hahaha.

You sure you want to go on record with these? I actually did like the pants on these. But the strap. Killin me. Lol

1660423694494.jpeg

Advertisement
The only thing I don’t like about the new Miami nights uni’s is the lime green numbering.

Truth is, they’re never going to get it right to the majority because most of our fans just don’t like anything new when it comes to the Uni combos. Most prefer to just wear Orange & White every single game because a lot of Canes fans just want to recreate the 80’s over & over & over & over & over & over again...
1660423799381.gif

I loved the ones we were against UNC before they let the Heels run a hole in them 😂😂. Now it’s all I think about when I see em.

Last edited:
I’m pleasantly surprised you know 4 others hahaha.

You sure you want to go on record with these? I actually did like the pants on these. But the strap. Killin me. Lol

View attachment 204074

Yeah, I was cool w/ these. Wasn’t over the top, but I actually liked the ‘04’s

If I had to rank the new iteration of Miami’s jersey (leaving out the grails of the 80’s - early 90’s)

By photo attachment: 1-5

Attachments

• 2D25DA3A-6750-4AE4-A67D-7EB5156A96B1.jpeg
    2D25DA3A-6750-4AE4-A67D-7EB5156A96B1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 4F1E567C-238E-48C1-B25A-AE35AB94B4E2.jpeg
    4F1E567C-238E-48C1-B25A-AE35AB94B4E2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 3E7B72B5-976A-4447-BE57-77BF0A913D66.jpeg
    3E7B72B5-976A-4447-BE57-77BF0A913D66.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 47D35899-466F-45DE-ABA6-D1CC63AE8F52.jpeg
    47D35899-466F-45DE-ABA6-D1CC63AE8F52.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • BF0576B9-7A0B-40C4-8CC2-BBE30DBC0379.jpeg
    BF0576B9-7A0B-40C4-8CC2-BBE30DBC0379.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Advertisement

Yes, why ANYONE at ANY sports apparel company believes matching jersey/pants colors is acceptable is beyond me. Years ago the Bucs and Rams (still in STL) played a MNF game where in Bucs wore all red and Rams all yellow. Everyone called it the Condiments Game since it looked like ketchup and mustard bottles. It was as if someone said “how difficult can we make a game to watch?“

Like you stated, color jersey with white pants, white jersey with colored pants. White-on-white is usually acceptable with white-based helmets, like ours.

And ’No’ to the Miami green uniforms, jerseys or pants, and definitely not both. Never cared for it.

Last edited:
Yeah we aren’t bama, osu, jawja or Clemson any more either… we apparently have zero tradition and need gimmicky uniforms to make our brand stick out

We were always anti that boring blue blood bullshyt. That is our image.

Why do so many fans want to copy a bunch of bum *** schools that were always trying to keep pace with us?

We will always have the classic three stripe. Nothing wrong with some alternates a few games a year.

Advertisement
We were always anti that boring blue blood bullshyt. That is our image.

Why do so many fans want to copy a bunch of bum *** schools that were always trying to keep pace with us?

We will always have the classic three stripe. Nothing wrong with some alternates a few games a year.
Agreed. Miami broke up the establishment and blazed their own trail. Now everyone wants to be like Bama and Taint lol I don't get it. You don't have to like this unis but saying Miami needs to be boring and traditional isn't Miami at all.

Agreed. Miami broke up the establishment and blazed their own trail. Now everyone wants to be like Bama and Taint lol I don't get it. You don't have to like this unis but saying Miami needs to be boring and traditional isn't Miami at all.

These jerseys aside, this was my whole argument w/ the 2014 jerseys. The combo all the opposers keep bringing up is the Orange Tops, Green Bottoms w/ the Green Helmet. Again, for the 1 billionth time, that was a team combo decision. But I posted our uniform history, & we’ve been anything but traditional.

I just don’t like glow & the dark themes. We clowned MSU & UO for it, but now some r praising it. Lol. Regardless, I don’t mind new jersey designs, just as long as they r not doing “too” much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back