New Unis !! (We hope)

Maaaan, this is awesome. What a great find. Well done.

Just FYI, Dyme Lyfe has used a lot of the old UM logos on merch, including the palm tree one.

I started UM in 1986, and while we officially had the U logo at that time, and John Routh (Sebastian) had redesigned the Sebastian logo (the one with the corncob pipe), they were not ubiquitous at that point (and this was also pre-Nike).

So I had a bunch of shirts that had (a) old Sebastian, (b) block letter UM in the serif font, (c) old English M (baseball), (d) palm tree blowing in the wind, and/or (e) plain old words saying "University of Miami" in capital letters.

Sheeeit, when I went to the UM bookstore to buy my books in August 1986, we still had leftover 1983 national championship merch (on markdown) in NON-Biscayne Green. So when I see people complaining about adidas "not getting the right shade of green", I just laugh at how bad it was in the mid-80s.

Advertisement
I think they look cool and if we win in them they will look even better. Goes good with the feel of Hard Rock. Kind of like the vice stuff with the heat. Again if we are winning in it lol.

People freaked the **** out when we switched from our late 90s shadow-box-numbers jerseys to the swirly jobs that we got for the ealry 2000s.

Then we won a bunch of games, and people liked the new jerseys much better...

This uni will be great if the lights go out…the announcers will be able to still see whose putting a foot on the neck of a nole player..

I’m not sure why Nike and now adidas are **** bent on putting us in black uni’s but if the kids get pumped about them and new recruits like the look that’s all that matters I guess….give me the traditional ones.Guess I’m not just old I’m old school when it comes to our uni’ s
I like the black alternates. I just wish they'd go matte on the helmets. for one game, they're nice.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a redone smoke. nike had something with the original smoke but it wasn't fully fleshed out imo.

Yeah we aren’t bama, osu, jawja or Clemson any more either… we apparently have zero tradition and need gimmicky uniforms to make our brand stick out
we are anti-tradition. I think bamas jerseys look awful. OSU does do alternates and their fans aren't thrilled w them bc they like "tradition" even tho I hate their traditional unis. uga has alternates each year

1660403340939.png

1660403363829.png
1660403374917.png

1660403391414.png

1660403434190.png

1660403446150.png

1660403473612.png

we are anti-tradition. I think bamas jerseys look awful. OSU does do alternates and their fans aren't thrilled w them bc they like "tradition" even tho I hate their traditional unis. uga has alternates each year

View attachment 204039
View attachment 204040View attachment 204041
View attachment 204042
View attachment 204043
View attachment 204044
View attachment 204045
I think everyone in this thread understand this now but my disdain for adidas is in the details. Cheap materials to say the least. Look at Georgia’s jersey at the very bottom of your post and compare it to what adidas puts out. It’s night and day.

If we ever get Nike back... give me adidas overall design with Nike materials and I’m a very happy man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think everyone in this thread understand this now but my disdain for adidas is in the details. Cheap materials to say the least. Look at Georgia’s jersey at the very bottom and compare it to what adidas puts out. It’s night and day.

If we ever get Nike back... give me adidas overall design with Nike materials and I’m a very happy man.
So I think Nike football materials are good (tho I will say my adidas one has felt better quality than my Nike ones jersey wise for fans), but the Nike nba jerseys are trash. The best retailer for those weee reebok imo. Overall I agree though Esp for fan gear

I like these new Miami Nights unis overall, but the things that stick out to me:

- I would prefer the orange numbers with green piping, and the nameplate color to be orange as well. Maybe someone with better photoshop skills than me could prove me wrong or right on that.

- I understand the palm tree on the shoulder plate is a nod to an old logo, but with it being all gray against the black/neon, it just looks like it was slapped on there as an afterthought. Like the uniform had been done for a few weeks and then they decided to toss that in last minute. If you’re going to include it, be a little more thoughtful about it. Maybe some subtle shading with the neon and some white and/or reflective gray instead of JUST gray?

- I think the little extras that we will see players wearing like bands/sleeves and such will make these look better on gameday. I wonder about the cleats as well and how those will look…black with some neon? All neon one color or another (or *gasp* one foot green, other orange?) And will there be a Boost release that mimics the cleat design? The latest NMD redesign would be cool in Miami Nights colors.

View attachment 204039
View attachment 204042
View attachment 204043
View attachment 204044
View attachment 204045

Just a FYI, the 2nd picture was to honor the 1942 OSU team w/ a throw back, the 5th picture was a 1916 throwback for OSU to commemorate 100 yrs. The 1st picture in UGA was a 1980 throw back.

Also, not sure where u got fans of OSU “hated” their alternates. Lol. I know for a fact the Gray “Land of The Wolves” were initially met w/ resistance, but became uber popular, & the “Dark Nights” were immediately met w/ approval.

There’s literally a report from a blogger called “unpopular opinion” as he rants about OSU should stay traditional. Hence the phrase “unpopular” opinion. Lol Have I heard a podcast ripping OSU for alternate jerseys? Yes; last month, actually. The biggest gripe was they are an elite program, & don’t need alternates, but if they are to wear them, don’t wear them against classic rivals. That was one podcasters’ take. He also acknowledged that alternates are a money ploy for both Nike & OSU (and he went to say they have a gr8 relationship w/ Nike, so that’s not the issue)

Now, back to us; I’m perplexed by ur statement. On one hand, I’ve read how Nike needed their *** kicked for going away from “our traditional look”, but now I’m hearing we’re anti tradition. I’ve heard Fck Nike for touching our lids (albeit those colored lids were modern version in our archives), yet now Adidas is praised for giving us black lids w/ “neon” colors. So r we Oregon SE or what?

View attachment 204039
View attachment 204042
View attachment 204043
View attachment 204044
View attachment 204045
Nike did all those Georgia uniforms well! They clean *** **** and no cheesy ****tt. Think they will do a great job with our now traditional look and colors.

Advertisement
Nike did all those Georgia uniforms well! They clean *** **** and no cheesy ****tt. Think they will do a great job with our now traditional look and colors.

Yeah; thought these were poor examples. Lol. 3 of the photos were throw backs for both OSU & UGA. And again, the symmetry, quality, & aesthetics are pretty obvious

Agree with those who say orange numbers with the green outline……..other than that they look fine. It’ll be interesting to see them live.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like these new Miami Nights unis overall, but the things that stick out to me:

- I would prefer the orange numbers with green piping, and the nameplate color to be orange as well. Maybe someone with better photoshop skills than me could prove me wrong or right on that.

- I understand the palm tree on the shoulder plate is a nod to an old logo, but with it being all gray against the black/neon, it just looks like it was slapped on there as an afterthought. Like the uniform had been done for a few weeks and then they decided to toss that in last minute. If you’re going to include it, be a little more thoughtful about it. Maybe some subtle shading with the neon and some white and/or reflective gray instead of JUST gray?

- I think the little extras that we will see players wearing like bands/sleeves and such will make these look better on gameday. I wonder about the cleats as well and how those will look…black with some neon? All neon one color or another (or *gasp* one foot green, other orange?) And will there be a Boost release that mimics the cleat design? The latest NMD redesign would be cool in Miami Nights colors.

Agree with those who say orange numbers with the green outline……..other than that they look fine. It’ll be interesting to see them live.
We’re not Oklahoma State, which is why the numbers aren’t orange. Too much push back from the orange numbers on the 2017 dark ops jerseys. Im not an adidas fan, but they can’t win here with these. I’ll go back to my original thought; if the kids like them, then that is a win!

Advertisement
Back