**New Uniforms Preview**

Not really sure what that means, but ok

Too much time spent arguing with a 7 year old.

Your point may be accurate for brown pants, but I'm fairly certain there were other color pants in the 50s and 60s when we were wearing yellow. The point is that we've worn things that weren't UM colors in the past so I don't see "it's not one of our colors" as a valid argument. What people mean when they say that is we didn't do it in the 80s so it's not allowed, and that's BS.

Personally, I don't love black unis, but if the kids like it whatever. If I were Richt I'd roll out some sweet black uniforms, then tell the team they can only wear them in the ACCCG.

Those were our colors back then, though. We didn't wear gold and yellow for the 17 year old recruits. Those were our uniform colors.

And we could make black a uniform color as well. I'm saying that there's nothing sacred about the unis.

:monkey-serious:

Am I wrong?

Advertisement

Your point may be accurate for brown pants, but I'm fairly certain there were other color pants in the 50s and 60s when we were wearing yellow. The point is that we've worn things that weren't UM colors in the past so I don't see "it's not one of our colors" as a valid argument. What people mean when they say that is we didn't do it in the 80s so it's not allowed, and that's BS.

Personally, I don't love black unis, but if the kids like it whatever. If I were Richt I'd roll out some sweet black uniforms, then tell the team they can only wear them in the ACCCG.

Those were our colors back then, though. We didn't wear gold and yellow for the 17 year old recruits. Those were our uniform colors.

And we could make black a uniform color as well. I'm saying that there's nothing sacred about the unis.

Am I wrong?

If I put a gun to my head, I wouldn't shoot; but I liked the Green more than the Black. Black looks tight tho! What happened to the Smokes? I thought those were unbelievable.

Advertisement
The only problem I have with any of the adidas uniforms is not having the U symbol in the middle of the collar and the tire tread in the uniforms that's most visible in the green uniforms. You fix those and then I'm beyond ecstatic

I actually agree with this, although I still love our current unis. The lack of the U on the collar isn't a big deal, but the jerseys would look so, so much better without that awfully tacky pattern on them. I just don't see the purpose of it and they would look far more clean without it.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with any of the adidas uniforms is not having the U symbol in the middle of the collar and the tire tread in the uniforms that's most visible in the green uniforms. You fix those and then I'm beyond ecstatic

I actually agree with this, although I still love our current unis. The lack of the U on the collar isn't a big deal, but the jerseys would look so, so much better without that awfully tacky pattern on the jerseys. I just don't see the purpose of it and they would look far more clean without it.

Exactly...how do you not put the U on the jersey.... it makes it just another jersey smh.

Am I wrong?

Kim-Jong-un.jpg

Advertisement
I don't blame Snoop for copping the black. For those who keep saying "Miami need to stay more traditional" stop it.. what are we Notre Dame?
Honestly, how many times are people going to say "Miami created swagger" before you quit thinking we're one of those schools like Texas or Michigan. Miami doesn't have an actual "Traditional" uniform because we only ever like the jersey we start winning in a la the Russell Athletic and Nike 2000. Other then that running through the smoke since we were probably the first to ever do it (1950) and kicking *** is the only tradition we own. We're not Alabama, We're not Notre Dame, We're not Michigan.. We are the U, the school that created swagger in CFB from the way we played, talked, and the digs we wore and it can not be Duplicated, OREGON.

Advertisement
I don't blame Snoop for copping the black. For those who keep saying "Miami need to stay more traditional" stop it.. what are we Notre Dame?
Honestly, how many times are people going to say "Miami created swagger" before you quit thinking we're one of those schools like Texas or Michigan. Miami doesn't have an actual "Traditional" uniform because we only ever like the jersey we start winning in a la the Russell Athletic and Nike 2000. Other then that running through the smoke since we were probably the first to ever do it (1950) and kicking *** is the only tradition we own. We're not Alabama, We're not Notre Dame, We're not Michigan.. We are the U, the school that created swagger in CFB from the way we played, talked, and the digs we wore and it can not be Duplicated, OREGON.

Miami needs to stay traditional.

I've been hostile to special event or otherwise new uniforms. The Nike era was awful. I do think Addidas has done a great job since taking over football fashion. The black jerseys are well done.

Advertisement

I never get how people forget we arent those schools and want us to look all beat and boring n ****...............im like go root for those schools then.......miami is miami always changing the game

Miami needs to stay traditional.

giphy.jpg

I never get how people forget we arent those schools and want us to look all beat and boring n ****...............im like go root for those schools then.......miami is miami always changing the game

We changed the game, looking the same from 1975-1999

We created swagger (which is a word that ******* sucks, just ******* win) wearing those plain uniforms, so, um, yeah.

Advertisement
Back