NEW TO CHAIN HAS BEEN DELIVERED

Advertisement
Where's the original?
We need to drop the TD Rings bs though for real. It's lame.

Just keep the chain.
I agree the TD rings are lame. Do you think they can do something else instead of the rings for TDs? I feel like our O might be explosive this year (knocks on wood) and we should score a lot of TDs. I think if they found something cool to use for TDs that will appeal to recruits I would be down. With these stud 2023 receivers if we can show them our WRs balling out and scoring TDs and showing off with something appealing to young guys maybe that can be a factor of some studs choosing us 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ Me personally I am an old fart and none of that **** appeals to me but this is a younger generation and it might influence them. I think a huge reason the rings were hated was because the year they came out our offense was hot garbage and we couldn’t score so a lot of times they came out we were losing and it was lame af. Now if we can dominate and score a lot then a prop showing off our potent offense might be better. I mean the only reason the first turnover chain was cool was because we created a **** ton of turnovers in 17 and most importantly we were winning!!!!

Stupidest s**t is thinking all the dancing, strutting, pointing, bragging and rest of that BS is why old school Miami won.

They won because they worked harder and were the most talented team, coaches included. Key games were lost when swagger took precedence over preparation and hard work. See ‘85 Tennesse, ‘86 Penn State, ’90 BYU, ’92 Bama, and ‘02 Ohio State.

No, that stuff didn't win us games, but I also wouldn't dismiss it and suggest it didn't help.

Sports can have a lot to do with emotion. You see your guy out there beating someone and then the celebrations, it gets you going as well. In turn, it gets in the head of your opponent. Nobody likes getting beat and then clowned on. That can lead to mistakes and penalties, etc.

So apply the same idea to the turnover chain. It can get the team and player up, in particular if you need that boost of energy and excitement.

Don't get me wrong, games are mostly won in practice and preparation. It's a boost to some degree, however minor, the chain. It certainly isn't a negative or drawback.

Advertisement
No, that stuff didn't win us games, but I also wouldn't dismiss it and suggest it didn't help.

Sports can have a lot to do with emotion. You see your guy out there beating someone and then the celebrations, it gets you going as well. In turn, it gets in the head of your opponent. Nobody likes getting beat and then clowned on. That can lead to mistakes and penalties, etc.

So apply the same idea to the turnover chain. It can get the team and player up, in particular if you need that boost of energy and excitement.

Don't get me wrong, games are mostly won in practice and preparation. It's a boost to some degree, however minor, the chain. It certainly isn't a negative or drawback.
I wouldn’t disagree. The old school Canes of the 80s and early 90s certainly got into teams’s heads. No doubt. The media hated, and loved, the brash Miami Hurricanes. The Canes were a villain, a heel. ‘Catholics vs Convicts’ games vs ND. The ‘86 1vs2 game vs Bosworth and the Sooners. The ‘86 Fiesta Bowl vs clean-cut Penn State. The 1990 Cotton Bowl vs Texas.

The swagger, the confidence, was real. Organically grown, the attitude was a product of the times, nationally, and especially locally. A lot of those kids grew up in tough times, finally able to express themselves. The Canes were always their best when they played with a chip on their shoulder, felt disrespected. ‘Us. Against The World’. Talk about playing ‘anyone, anywhere, anytime’.

I remember reading a comment from FSU LB Kirk Caruthers after Wide Right I in 1991, he said, paraphrasing, “we thought we could win, they knew they would win”.

But that era is over.

This program hasn’t won a division title, let alone an ACC championship, a playoff game, or a NC in over 15 years. They had chance to win a berth in the Orange Bowl last year, playing at home. They could have cared less. One of the worst losses in team history. Set records for futility.

In this Age of Social Media and ‘personal branding’, the Chain and all the other BS, from any team, is a gimmick.

Fake.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A3B1DC8A-A514-4717-8AC6-E66EBDEA0E6B.jpeg

Stupidest s**t is thinking all the dancing, strutting, pointing, bragging and rest of that BS is why old school Miami won.

They won because they worked harder and were the most talented team, coaches included. Key games were lost when swagger took precedence over preparation and hard work. See ‘85 Tennesse, ‘86 Penn State, ’90 BYU, ’92 Bama, and ‘02 Ohio State.
Bull about 86 and 02.

Advertisement
Nah, the dumbest **** ever is dumping on anything current while jawing about how none of it can compare to the good old days. How one was a sideline stooge trying to ride the coattails of those making the plays and a cousin of a coach cutting his teeth.

One day down the road, people will still remember the turnover chain. You, not so much. Mad at players enjoying something, sad. Stupidest **** ever is trying to validate one's existence on a football message board.

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

Nah, the dumbest **** ever is dumping on anything current while jawing about how none of it can compare to the good old days. How one was a sideline stooge trying to ride the coattails of those making the plays and a cousin of a coach cutting his teeth.

One day down the road, people will still remember the turnover chain. You, not so much. Mad at players enjoying something, sad. Stupidest **** ever is trying to validate one's existence on a football message board.
LOLOL good night!! That dude always yappin about something or some ex player he knows. Let’s hear how fast Froggy was one more time. 💀💀

Advertisement
I’ll put it like this;

The T.O Chain does not feel the same. The aura around it, it’s not the same. It caught on around the sports world, but that mystique around it has fled. It’s still the best prop in the CFB world, but like w/ anything, it’s only cool when U’re winning. Those rings r just flat out corny.

LOLOL good night!! That dude always yappin about something or some ex player he knows. Let’s hear how fast Froggy was one more time. 💀💀

I truly do enjoy some of the stories.

It's the delivery, smugness, all knowing, condescension, and just overall attitude on how what he says is the gospel. Challenge him on anything and he turns into the Cash Me Outside chick.

The Matador should sit down with him and work on his delivery. Love the way he drops knowledge about days gone by, players, places, etc. ****, we could all learn something from that man.

Advertisement
Back