New threads have been great. Lets hear it for the dogs.

24/7canes

Recruit
So between the what cha shootin and what did you catch threads which not every one may be into I figured we should give a shout out to our most loved family members. The one to the left was a rescue named Mallory and thet one to her right was my boy Kobe. I had him for 17 years and he was the best companion I ever had.
AEF47FF7-A126-4612-ABE6-4BAD382BCE61_1_105_c.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I haven't got the nerve up to get any more because losing them two was the toughest thing ever as I'm sure many of you have endured. On the flip side My roommate has 2 dogs and a cat so I got my dog fix that way.
When my old dog, Cane died, I wasn’t sure I wanted another dog but after a few months I got the itch and I’m glad I adopted Thor. The only problem is he’s dog aggressive so I can’t have any other dogs nor can I take him to dog parks or anything like that.

I haven't got the nerve up to get any more because losing them two was the toughest thing ever as I'm sure many of you have endured. On the flip side My roommate has 2 dogs and a cat so I got my dog fix that way.

I know its super tough bro. As soon as I have space I'm gonna have a mini weiner pack.

When my old dog, Cane died, I wasn’t sure I wanted another dog but after a few months I got the itch and I’m glad I adopted Thor. The only problem is he’s dog aggressive so I can’t have any other dogs nor can I take him to dog parks or anything like that.
my adopted pit mix is the same way, like a lot of them tend to be unfortunately. I'm dying for a 2nd dog and have experimented with some fostering and it does seem like after a couple weeks things can finally normalize. But its def time consuming and can be a bit of work. I work from home so fortunately I have the time and resources.

It's odd though b/c there is a cat in the house as well and he kicks the dog out of its own bed, they've been locked in the crate together (accidentally) etc and never a single issue.

Advertisement
My late dog Riley, the Riler, the Red Rocker, etc. When the Heat lost to the Mavs in the finals I think he feared his name was changed to LeBron cause he hid when I was yelling at the TV. Buried him with a tennis ball in his mouth cause he was a total crackhead for the ball. Once things settle a little plan is to adopt an old lab and take him to the end. Dogs are the best.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    768.4 KB · Views: 5
Used to breed German, American, and Belgium Shepherds; primarily German Shepherds. Love them. After our last German died of natural causes, the family & I took a break from The Shepherds.

Raised our first Akita from a pup. That little sucker got huge....like 125lbs huge, and had the aggressive trait. Loyal af, too. Name was Kuma (Japanese for Bear b/c he looked like a bear.)

Living in the hood; the mentality of dogs is different. Some view as pets, while others view as money makers (Pits/Rotts). Caught my next door neighbor hanging & beating his pits. My dad called Animal Control to rescue them; Sheriffs pulled up to to give dude a warning. He looked at our house, threatened my dad; proceeded to beat his ***. Next day, him & his family moved. He left my family a parting gift; poisoned my dog. My dog died the next day and I never recovered. Never owned a dog again.

Never could find dude, and my other neighbors who knew his girl wouldn’t tell me where they moved, b/c they already knew what was going to happen, b/c they know me. I always get butterflies seeing dogs; I love them...been around them practically my entire life. But owning again? Man, seeing ur dog gasping for life....man, I don’t think I can ever own again. That experienced traumatized me & my father.

Used to breed German, American, and Belgium Shepherds; primarily German Shepherds. Love them. After our last German died of natural causes, the family & I took a break from The Shepherds.

Raised our first Akita from a pup. That little sucker got huge....like 125lbs huge, and had the aggressive trait. Loyal af, too. Name was Kuma (Japanese for Bear b/c he looked like a bear.)

Living in the hood; the mentality of dogs is different. Some view as pets, while others view as money makers (Pits/Rotts). Caught my next door neighbor hanging & beating his pits. My dad called Animal Control to rescue them; Sheriffs pulled up to to give dude a warning. He looked at our house, threatened my dad; proceeded to beat his ***. Next day, him & his family moved. He left my family a parting gift; poisoned my dog. My dog died the next day and I never recovered. Never owned a dog again.

Never could find dude, and my other neighbors who knew his girl wouldn’t tell me where they moved, b/c they already knew what was going to happen, b/c they know me. I always get butterflies seeing dogs; I love them...been around them practically my entire life. But owning again? Man, seeing ur dog gasping for life....man, I don’t think I can ever own again. That experienced traumatized me & my father.
That's heartbreaking.

Advertisement
So between the what cha shootin and what did you catch threads which not every one may be into I figured we should give a shout out to our most loved family members. The one to the left was a rescue named Mallory and thet one to her right was my boy Kobe. I had him for 17 years and he was the best companion I ever had. View attachment 119798
Brother I think of my Millie Dalmation all the time , my friend my heart my love , watering up now looking at this photo.

When I put her down , I dropped to my knees putting my nose to her's I would not let her die along our eyes met eye to eye we took her last couple breath together as vet pulled me away SHE GONE.

My wife and I cried barely making it out hugging....still having a hard time writing this MY LOVE MILLIE ALWAYS IN MY HEART

TOUGH TOUGH EVEN NOW.

We had to 6 years later do it again with my Merry a terrier with Dalmation colors found her on side of road abandon as a 6 week old puppy alone Good Lord has sense of humor.
Same colors everything Merry had serious stomach issues as she got to around 6-7 years old , stomach cancer vet told us we're not going to win this one , again I almost had to get carried out of room putting her down also.

BROTHERS ONLY FELLOW PET OWNERS REALLY KNOW OF THIS LOVE.

That’s inhumane that someone would do that to an animal Rell. I too love German Shepard’s. The first I had my Uncle who was a Green Beret got for me shortly after he left the service. Duke was beautiful but I lost him at 9 months old to distemper. I was devastated as a 10 year old.
Got another about 10 years later. Samson was absolutely gorgeous - full grown big bone about 100 pounds mostly black with silver accents. Smartest dog ever.
My last dog was a Norfolk Terrier. 12 pounds of scared of nothing. Feisty as ****. She even tried to take on my buddies Belgian Malenois Police Dog. Lol
A word of caution to all you dog lovers. Be aware that some bagged mulched is treated with a chemical that is one molecule different than anti- freeze. Dogs will eat it like candy. I know from experience as it gave my Norfolk heart problems after she ate some. I had no idea at the time but later learned of the danger of the mulch after she passed.

Advertisement
This lazy *****...had a huge tumor removed when she was 5, survived jumping out of a moving car at 7, and had a full historectomy last December. She's outlived her life expectancy by a couple of years and she's really starting to slow down, not that she was ever mistaken for being high energy. She's been a great dog, gonna be hard when she goes. Only thing I won't miss is blowing her coat twice a year.

20200622_211715.jpg

FB_IMG_1592874603708.jpg

Advertisement
Back