New threads have been great. Lets hear it for the dogs.

This is my man Finn, he's a Dutch Shepherd. I wanted something like a German Shepherd because I was used to them but felt my yard was way too small to keep one mentally healthy. His drive is close to overwhelming, and if I didn't get professional help early in his training he might have been too much for me. But, I've learned to channel his drive and he's become an incredible dog. He's about 75 lbs now and you'd **** at how agile and fast he is. I'd say the breed is like a cross between a Mal and a German.

65016174_176458200026596_1902926683280552022_n.jpg

Advertisement
This is my man Finn, he's a Dutch Shepherd. I wanted something like a German Shepherd because I was used to them but felt my yard was way too small to keep one mentally healthy. His drive is close to overwhelming, and if I didn't get professional help early in his training he might have been too much for me. But, I've learned to channel his drive and he's become an incredible dog. He's about 75 lbs now and you'd **** at how agile and fast he is. I'd say the breed is like a cross between a Mal and a German.

65016174_176458200026596_1902926683280552022_n.jpg
AWESOME always on alert for there family

This lazy *****...had a huge tumor removed when she was 5, survived jumping out of a moving car at 7, and had a full historectomy last December. She's outlived her life expectancy by a couple of years and she's really starting to slow down, not that she was ever mistaken for being high energy. She's been a great dog, gonna be hard when she goes. Only thing I won't miss is blowing her coat twice a year.

View attachment 119842
View attachment 119841
What happened LOOK LOLOLOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s inhumane that someone would do that to an animal Rell. I too love German Shepard’s. The first I had my Uncle who was a Green Beret got for me shortly after he left the service. Duke was beautiful but I lost him at 9 months old to distemper. I was devastated as a 10 year old.
Got another about 10 years later. Samson was absolutely gorgeous - full grown big bone about 100 pounds mostly black with silver accents. Smartest dog ever.
My last dog was a Norfolk Terrier. 12 pounds of scared of nothing. Feisty as ****. She even tried to take on my buddies Belgian Malenois Police Dog. Lol
A word of caution to all you dog lovers. Be aware that some bagged mulched is treated with a chemical that is one molecule different than anti- freeze. Dogs will eat it like candy. I know from experience as it gave my Norfolk heart problems after she ate some. I had no idea at the time but later learned of the danger of the mulch after she passed.

****, the mulch thing is really good to know. My 1.5 year old loves to eat that stuff, we always try to stop him just so he doesn't choke lol but now I will really keep an eye on it

Advertisement
****, the mulch thing is really good to know. My 1.5 year old loves to eat that stuff, we always try to stop him just so he doesn't choke lol but now I will really keep an eye on it
My Norfolk got really sick a couple of times and the vet couldn’t figure out why. She developed a heart murmur after the second episode and later on it led to increasing heart issues that eventually took her from us
It wasn’t until a few years later I saw a story on the local news about people losing their dogs from eating the mulch. I’m convinced that’s what caused my dogs heart issues.

My Norfolk got really sick a couple of times and the vet couldn’t figure out why. She developed a heart murmur after the second episode and later on it led to increasing heart issues that eventually took her from us
It wasn’t until a few years later I saw a story on the local news about people losing their dogs from eating the mulch. I’m convinced that’s what caused my dogs heart issues.
Have to watch out for that and grain free dog food.

Advertisement
AWESOME always on alert for there family
I couldn't get him to look at me because he was watching my son and my wife checking my son into a summer camp. We go camping a lot and I have no worries about my wife or my son going for hikes with him. It's funny to watch people pick up their little dog or cross the street to avoid him. Not only is he far more trained than most dogs, he's very socialized and will chill with cats or any other dog that's not aggressive. He's better off leash than the majority of dogs are on leash.

Used to breed German, American, and Belgium Shepherds; primarily German Shepherds. Love them. After our last German died of natural causes, the family & I took a break from The Shepherds.

Raised our first Akita from a pup. That little sucker got huge....like 125lbs huge, and had the aggressive trait. Loyal af, too. Name was Kuma (Japanese for Bear b/c he looked like a bear.)

Living in the hood; the mentality of dogs is different. Some view as pets, while others view as money makers (Pits/Rotts). Caught my next door neighbor hanging & beating his pits. My dad called Animal Control to rescue them; Sheriffs pulled up to to give dude a warning. He looked at our house, threatened my dad; proceeded to beat his ***. Next day, him & his family moved. He left my family a parting gift; poisoned my dog. My dog died the next day and I never recovered. Never owned a dog again.

Never could find dude, and my other neighbors who knew his girl wouldn’t tell me where they moved, b/c they already knew what was going to happen, b/c they know me. I always get butterflies seeing dogs; I love them...been around them practically my entire life. But owning again? Man, seeing ur dog gasping for life....man, I don’t think I can ever own again. That experienced traumatized me & my father.

**** man that really sucks.

Sorry for the side shot of my Merry.
I couldn't get him to look at me because he was watching my son and my wife checking my son into a summer camp. We go camping a lot and I have no worries about my wife or my son going for hikes with him. It's funny to watch people pick up their little dog or cross the street to avoid him. Not only is he far more trained than most dogs, he's very socialized and will chill with cats or any other dog that's not aggressive. He's better off leash than the majority of dogs are on leash.
Absolutely , my Merry had a number growls if she knew you had one , didn't had one and mailman had one special all to himself even a special one ear up that sensors are monitoring.

Awesome brother that beauty love you guys more then can be expressed.

Advertisement
Back