New Student Ticket policy for Football

So they can’t be inconvenienced just a little bit. That’s what you get with Miami. It’s part of the deal. Take it or leave it. I say to them, don’t go, be a *****, I don’t give a fūck.

And don’t tell me about students not tailgating. The ones that want to tailgate, do tailgate, nobody is stopping them from tailgating, that’s just a fact.

Now if they want to get blind drunk where they can’t walk and have to be dragged out, yeah that might be a problem, But who’s going to catch them? Who’s going to report them? If they were that drunk, it’s more likely they’ll be arrested for public drunkenness than have to worry about anything the school might do. You’re just making excuses. Don’t let them be sissy bltches with excuses for everything.
Entitled punks.

Exactly. So somebody is going to tell me my 19-year freshman son cannot walk over to the Orange lot and hang out with mom and dad? My son is looking forward to the games and the bus rides over. He is also smart enough to not put his full scholarship at risk to drink a beer as an underaged kid. If some frat boy doesn't want to go to the game, then it makes it easier for him when he attempts to register for tickets on line. BTW, my son's response was what a bunch of pussies.

Advertisement
Also btw they had basically this exact same policy like in 2012, the difference was you could register for all the games at once at the beginning of the season (and print the tix the week of), instead of making it a week-week basis for registering. Then in like 2014 they changed it so that all the students needed was their cane card which is much better.

Exactly. So somebody is going to tell me my 19-year freshman son cannot walk over to the Orange lot and hang out with mom and dad? My son is looking forward to the games and the bus rides over. He is also smart enough to not put his full scholarship at risk to drink a beer as an underaged kid. If some frat boy doesn't want to go to the game, then it makes it easier for him when he attempts to register for tickets on line. BTW, my son's response was what a bunch of pussies.
Of course, he responds what a bunch of pussies while he plans on hanging out with mom and dad before every home game. Hmmm....BTW, because you have no idea what you're talking about, they don't bust kids for underage drinking at tailgates, as long a you're not doing something else that you shouldn't be doing.

No one is talking about getting blind drunk or throwing up. That's not what this is about. Have you guys never been to a college football tailgate at any other major university?

I'm done here - can't have a sensible conversation about a real issue concerning student turnout.

Of course, he responds what a bunch of pussies while he plans on hanging out with mom and dad before every home game. Hmmm....BTW, because you have no idea what you're talking about, they don't bust kids for underage drinking at tailgates, as long a you're not doing something else that you shouldn't be doing.

No one is talking about getting blind drunk or throwing up. That's not what this is about. Have you guys never been to a college football tailgate at any other major university?

I'm done here - can't have a sensible conversation about a real issue concerning student turnout.

Well, no *****. I have season tickets so yes I do know what I am talking about. I have a freshman this year at Miami so I expect him to drop by and say hello considering I live in Virginia. I also expect him to hang out with his friends. I told him about this and his response was what a bunch of pussies, register, jump on the bus and STFU. I've tailgated at quite a few road games as well as at Annapolis, West Point and Colorado Springs. Yes, it may inconvenience some of the frat kids. I also spoke to a lot of the First Year Fellows, Resident Assistants, etc. at last week's Cane Fest and everybody seems to be very excited about this season and going to games. Using the Canes Card certainly makes it easy. If they expect an overflow, then I have no problem with it going this route either.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Only pussies don't take a few minutes to go say hi and hang with their parents, who are probably paying some portion of their tuition, bc they are afraid of being called a *****.

You've clearly never seen the student tailgates. I pass at least 3 or 4 kids throwing up or passing out on my way from the lot to the stadium. I use the gate right next to the student entrance.

look, I am a die hard cane fan so I would never make excuses as to why students shouldn't be at games, but I will say that having tailgates at the stadium definitely helps motivate students who have to take a 35-40 minute bus ride to actually go to the stadium to get up and go. If students didn't show up to games that were 15-20 minutes away I get why you would complain but everyone doesn't think about the fact that the stadium is pretty far away from campus especially in game day traffic. also fyi the students are totally prohibited from tailgating there unless they want to get arrested

They have definitely made it more difficult for the students. Even back when the team wasn't that great, the students would show up for the tailgating, and it was wild. It was really something. I remember the 2009 game against OU in particular; it was insane - the students in that one area of the parking lot had elaborate DJ setups, it was wall to wall with them, and the ground was **** near papered over with empty beer cans. It used to be like that for almost any remotely big game, before the crackdown.

I think the students can still tailgate, though - they just can't draw that kind of attention to themselves. They need to disperse and tailgate more clandestinely among the rest of us old farts.

Idk if it’s me been mentioned yet but they took away the 2 guest tickets for students screwed me over right there. I’ll just stick to my suite tickets I guess.

Advertisement
Idk if it’s me been mentioned yet but they took away the 2 guest tickets for students screwed me over right there. I’ll just stick to my suite tickets I guess.

Yes, it is supposed to be limited to one guest ticket. Bringing my daughter down for the Pitt game and she will set with my son in the student section. Should be no problem since it is Thanksgiving weekend.

Sometimes I wish my financial holdings were so simple like your cd statements. Unfortunately, you would need to sign an NDA before I could ever expose all of my financial holdings with you, as I have interests in non-public entities. Besides, you would never understand the valuation process. You sound very much like a bitter adult who was never a college student. I'll gladly trade copies of diploma's with you - I'd be shocked if you could produce an Associates degree.

So you lose, you won’t do it.

LOL CD statements. What are those? Sounds like you’re the old fart now. Do people even invest in CD’s anymore? Don’t you have a trading account bltch?

You’re just making shlt up now, and anybody reading this, knows you’re just chickening out.

Let’s double down pūssy, I’ll screenshot one of my diplomas, I’ll use my graduate degree diploma, and my trading account screenshot. I can screenshot my real diploma Friday when I get home, my fidelity trading statement account I can do anytime. And for good faith, look below, my online alumni app card.

You do the same.

Or are you going to chickenshlt out of it again.

Anybody that posts here regularly knows I don’t fūck around I ante up when it comes to bullshlt catfish posers like you.

You just fūcked with the wrong poster when it comes to making shlt up, poser.

3639487F-96E1-4175-9C6E-E4CF755096A7.jpeg

Last edited:

If there is anything I can ever do to help, just PM me. Congrats again. You should be **** proud.

Last I heard every student was guaranteed a ticket to every game, did they cut the student section down forcing this?

Advertisement
If there is anything I can ever do to help, just PM me. Congrats again. You should be **** proud.

Yes, we are very proud of him. Already told me, hey dad, my academic advisor said aero with ROTC might take 5 years. I told him how long it takes is up to Uncle Sugar (Air Force). I'm sure you can do it in 9 semesters tops. That would keep you there for the 2022 season. And thank you for the offer. That is very kind. The amount of kindness he is already receiving is impressive. That's him with Dr. Frenk in my avatar whom he spent time with at the President's dinner on Saturday. Obviously, my son looks miserable. LoL.

Advertisement
Yes, we are very proud of him. Already told me, hey dad, my academic advisor said aero with ROTC might take 5 years. I told him how long it takes is up to Uncle Sugar (Air Force). I'm sure you can do it in 9 semesters tops. That would keep you there for the 2022 season. And thank you for the offer. That is very kind. The amount of kindness he is already receiving is impressive. That's him with Dr. Frenk in my avatar whom he spent time with at the President's dinner on Saturday. Obviously, my son looks miserable. LoL.

Yea I figured that was him.

I have respect for his and your accomplishments. Like I also do for all the legit posters, like yourself, and others here...no matter their background or what they do.

Good luck to you and yours and thanks for your family’s service.

Yes, it is supposed to be limited to one guest ticket. Bringing my daughter down for the Pitt game and she will set with my son in the student section. Should be no problem since it is Thanksgiving weekend.
Yea last year I was getting 2 extra tickets sitting in the student section, and selling my regular season tickets. I graduate this year and planned on doing the same thing but looks like a no go now.

Season ticket holder. Been going to games since I was a kid in the OB.

You actually think the students support the football program? If so I will respectfully disagree my friend

I've been to several home and away games, and maybe it's just me but I always know where our students are and can barely tell during away games. When I see the numerous empty seats in the upper deck and scattered throughout the lower bowl my first thought isn't about the lack of students, although attendance has definitely gone up since Richt. I was a student during the OB years, and don't think I would've attended as many games if they were played at SLS so I don't know if things have changed.

Season ticket holder. Been going to games since I was a kid in the OB.

You actually think the students support the football program? If so I will respectfully disagree my friend
10k undergrads. Grads students generally don't rep the school athletics very hard.
20 miles away from campus is a pretty ******* big deal especially for the 12am games on saturdays. - I think the Canopy is awesome for this
What % of most students actually go to games anyways at other schools? We probably have the same amount of student designated seats as other schools that have 4-5 times the enrollment.

Yall like to **** on the students too much here. Its pretty lame.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back