New Student Ticket policy for Football

Well, no *****. I have season tickets so yes I do know what I am talking about. I have a freshman this year at Miami so I expect him to drop by and say hello considering I live in Virginia. I also expect him to hang out with his friends. I told him about this and his response was what a bunch of pussies, register, jump on the bus and STFU. I've tailgated at quite a few road games as well as at Annapolis, West Point and Colorado Springs. Yes, it may inconvenience some of the frat kids. I also spoke to a lot of the First Year Fellows, Resident Assistants, etc. at last week's Cane Fest and everybody seems to be very excited about this season and going to games. Using the Canes Card certainly makes it easy. If they expect an overflow, then I have no problem with it going this route either.
Bruh the simple fact is the school made it as hard as possible for the students to have fun at the tailgates. There is no arguing with it. Imo its just unneccessary. What exactly is the reason fraternities cant bus in a bunch of students? Imo it prevents drunk driving and it bring in some student who otherwise likely wouldn't go to the game. The problem with the School provided buses are that the earliest ones leave so late that by the time you get there 30 minutes later, it takes another 15 minutes to walk to your tailgate, and then by then you only have 30 minutes before you gotta leave to get to your seats for kickoff. (the bus rides back are awesome though, and most people nap on it so that when they get back they're ready to go out and celebrate the win).
Students should have fun in college. Everyones always on a mission to destroy the college atmosphere, and I really don't get why. Let them tailgate and drink and party. And if it bothers you (not directly you, just anyone who it does) seeing the students get trashed, well then you should be disappointed in the changes the school is making by taking away/limiting the designated students tailgating areas and putting them near families and ****.

Obviously the students are going to be excited for the season because we are going to be legit this year and in the future.
The Registering thing is not a big deal, they basically already used a similar system back in the early 2010's.

Advertisement
UM doesn't want students entering parking lots who don't have game tickets just to party and neither does Hard Rock want the liability....this blew up into a huge mess a number of years back with the FSU game when there was fighting, falling down drunkeness just to name a few issues, and further, creating parking issues (for those who had actually purchased parking) because of the influx of party people showing up 4 or 5 hours early, paying cash at the door, getting totally **** faced and acting like idiots. I'm all for a good time for everyone but there are reasons for what's being put in place.

UM doesn't want students entering parking lots who don't have game tickets just to party and neither does Hard Rock want the liability....this blew up into a huge mess a number of years back with the FSU game when there was fighting, falling down drunkeness just to name a few issues, and further, creating parking issues (for those who had actually purchased parking) because of the influx of party people showing up 4 or 5 hours early, paying cash at the door, getting totally **** faced and acting like idiots. I'm all for a good time for everyone but there are reasons for what's being put in place.
Bruh the students, and especially the fraternities, weren't creating a problem for parking for everyone else. Thats complete Bs. They had reserved sections way the **** out in the boondocks.

10k undergrads. Grads students generally don't rep the school athletics very hard.
20 miles away from campus is a pretty ******* big deal especially for the 12am games on saturdays. - I think the Canopy is awesome for this
What % of most students actually go to games anyways at other schools? We probably have the same amount of student designated seats as other schools that have 4-5 times the enrollment.

Yall like to **** on the students too much here. Its pretty lame.

Attendance at games has been terrible since the inception of the program and if people are going to single out the students as the problem then it's clearly just a "my generation is better than yours" type thing. They've made it as hard as possible to accommodate students and they still show up. The only other school in a similar situation that I can think of is UCLA.

Attendance at games has been terrible since the inception of the program and if people are going to single out the students as the problem then it's clearly just a "my generation is better than yours" type thing. They've made it as hard as possible to accommodate students and they still show up. The only other school in a similar situation that I can think of is UCLA.
yup, except they have 34k more undergrads than us.

Advertisement
Get all the way the the fūck out of my face.

If a handful of whiny brats don’t want to show up because somehow their tailgates have been inconvenienced, then they’re the worst kind of ***** fans there are.

As an alum I know exactly the kind of entitled whiny little pricks you’re talking about, and were it not for the fact that I’m a civilized human being, I would’ve gutted each and every one of these little entitled pénis inhalers.

One of the stupidest posts ever, justifying one of the lamest excuses ever.

I've ridden in the back of a Honda Civic coupe for EIGHT HOURS just to make it to Tallahassee(I'm 6'4'' by the way), in order to watch a mediocre Miami play a even worse FSU. Studying for a test I had to take when I came back Monday, but these kids can't be bothered to not get fall down drunk in public. To hear these kids whine about riding in an air conditioned bus, or a car for 30 minutes, to watch a well coached, talented Miami team play in a WORLD CLASS STADIUM is infuriating. I suffered through the end of the Coker era and the Shannon tenure during undergrad, and the Golden farce during grad school. I don't want to hear any whining from these candy asses.

Last edited:
Actually I kinda agree with the other dude (only about the tailgating getting really ****ed over, not that being the cause of student turnout) They're being really *** about the Tailgating. They don't want them playing music. They basically eliminated all Fraternity tailgates last year. Tailgating is one of the best college experiences, and its already kinda ****** because we have to do it 20 miles off campus. They're basically ruining it.

Secondly the fraternity buses do contribute to the student attendance. Thats just a fact, im not gunna say taking that away is the reason student attendance could be down..But Maybe it'd be helpful if the school allowed the buses they provide to leave earlier than just like 1.5 hours before kickoff, that way students could take them and actually be able to tailgate. Maybe start the buses like when the parking lot opens or something.

Excuses, excuses. You know WHY the school did what they did? These kids were doing stupid ****. There's a difference between what we did back in the early part of the millennium, and what these kids are doing. It was a rarity to see a kid get drunk to the point of puking, or the cops being involved. People got lit at the OB, but it changed in a weird way once the move to Hard Rock happened. My time in law school coincided with the "Field of Dreams" era, and let me tell you, the **** show wasn't funny anymore. These kids are drinking themselves to the point of near death experiences, and the school can't stand by and let that happen. I'm sorry, but they gets no sympathy from me. They made the school take action, because they didn't have a **** clue how to have fun without passing out in the middle of a parking lot.

Last edited:
I've ridden in the back of a Honda Civic coupe for EIGHT HOURS just to make it to Tallahassee(I'm 6'4'' by the way), in order to watch a mediocre Miami play a even worse FSU. Studying for a test I had to take when I came back Monday, but these kids can't be bothered to not get fall down drunk in public. To hear these kids whine about riding in an air conditioned bus, or a car for 30 minutes, to watch a well coached, talented Miami team play in a WORLD CLASS STADIUM is infuriating. I suffered through the end of the Coker era and the Shannon tenure during undergrad, and the Golden farce during grad school. I don't want to hear any whining from these candy asses.

Thank you

Bruh the students, and especially the fraternities, weren't creating a problem for parking for everyone else. Thats complete Bs. They had reserved sections way the **** out in the boondocks.

Their problem was that due to them being lax with the alcohol, underage kids were getting not only wasted, but "This freshman chick might DIE" wasted and the school had to do something. Maybe because these kids aren't as well balanced as previous generations of students were, but they don't know where the line is, and crazy **** is becoming dangerous. That is the problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back