New Student Ticket policy for Football

Advertisement
Kind of a bummer if you are a student. I’m sure there will be plenty of people with “a ticket” that are too hungover to make it to Hard Rock and will be an empty seat in the stadium while others can’t go in his place.

I’m a bigger fan of packing every person in there that wants to go and shows up, but it’s been quite some time since my days as a student.

Good they suck at supporting the team unless were playing Notre Dame or FSU

Advertisement
Good, means they are expecting an even bigger turnout at games this year

Yup. Unfortunately, the home schedule this year isn't the sexiest, but getting student tickets should be a little bit harder than just showing up. Scarcity is the mother of value.

What are they supposed to do if more students show up than there are available student seats for FSU? Better to limit the number of tickets than have kids ride all the way out there only to find out they can't get in.

Other schools have so much demand that they have lotteries, granted they also have much larger enrollments. But the point is, almost every P5 school has some type of ticket allocation system other than "show up and walk in". This is just one more way in which we're finally getting caught up.

y is this suddenly a problem. what happened in the early 90's and 2000's--the bandwagon has always been there. i was student 91-95.5--but let the ****** students in--

y is this suddenly a problem. what happened in the early 90's and 2000's--the bandwagon has always been there. i was student 91-95.5--but let the ****** students in--
They are probably expecting good crowds this year and students barely go to games. Why should those fans who want to go suffer if the tickets held aside for students aren’t being used by them.

Advertisement
They are probably expecting good crowds this year and students barely go to games. Why should those fans who want to go suffer if the tickets held aside for students aren’t being used by them.

arent the students going to show up if the team is good--just like the other people will show up

there's a reason the student turnout last year wasn't very good. The stadium has screwed with their tailgates so much that many students don't want to go. It's complete bs, and it really hurts the student turnout.

Advertisement
Yup. Unfortunately, the home schedule this year isn't the sexiest, but getting student tickets should be a little bit harder than just showing up. Scarcity is the mother of value.

What are they supposed to do if more students show up than there are available student seats for FSU? Better to limit the number of tickets than have kids ride all the way out there only to find out they can't get in.

Other schools have so much demand that they have lotteries, granted they also have much larger enrollments. But the point is, almost every P5 school has some type of ticket allocation system other than "show up and walk in". This is just one more way in which we're finally getting caught up.

They’ll turn you away if they run out of room, at least that’s what they did at the OB. That might be why they are doing this because it would suck to get turned away after making the trip up there.

there's a reason the student turnout last year wasn't very good. The stadium has screwed with their tailgates so much that many students don't want to go. It's complete bs, and it really hurts the student turnout.

Where did you see this information about student turnout?

Advertisement

Get all the way the the fūck out of my face.

If a handful of whiny brats don’t want to show up because somehow their tailgates have been inconvenienced, then they’re the worst kind of ***** fans there are.

As an alum I know exactly the kind of entitled whiny little pricks you’re talking about, and were it not for the fact that I’m a civilized human being, I would’ve gutted each and every one of these little entitled pénis inhalers.

One of the stupidest posts ever, justifying one of the lamest excuses ever.

This is ******.
Just about every student is going to register for the ticket, then a bunch will not go, and some students wont be able to go to the game because of it.

They don't need to change then entire system. All that honestly needs to be done is use this ticketing policy for like the 2 biggest games a year...or like any night game or something. That would be much better. Every other game, we should want as many students in the stands as physically possible. And this ticketing policy is going to limit that for the games the games like Duke

Get all the way the the fūck out of my face.

If a handful of whiny brats don’t want to show up because somehow their tailgates have been inconvenienced, then they’re the worst kind of ***** fans there are.

As an alum I know exactly the kind of entitled whiny little pricks you’re talking about, and were it not for the fact that I’m a civilized human being, I would’ve gutted each and every one of these little entitled pénis inhalers.

One of the stupidest posts ever, justifying one of the lamest excuses ever.
Actually I kinda agree with the other dude (only about the tailgating getting really ****ed over, not that being the cause of student turnout) They're being really *** about the Tailgating. They don't want them playing music. They basically eliminated all Fraternity tailgates last year. Tailgating is one of the best college experiences, and its already kinda ****** because we have to do it 20 miles off campus. They're basically ruining it.

Secondly the fraternity buses do contribute to the student attendance. Thats just a fact, im not gunna say taking that away is the reason student attendance could be down..But Maybe it'd be helpful if the school allowed the buses they provide to leave earlier than just like 1.5 hours before kickoff, that way students could take them and actually be able to tailgate. Maybe start the buses like when the parking lot opens or something.

Interestingly enough you aren't the first person I've heard that from in the last few months.

Advertisement
Back